It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone app will track EP code violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.pjstar.com...

My City is creating a new app so you can report code violations. All I can say is, hello police state.

It's a sad day when you can report violations with a simple tap on your phone. You know this is going to get abused big time. I don't like this one bit!

Wonder what other apps are in store for us?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think there can be a fine line between reporting crime and doing what anyone should as basic decency to help keep a civilized society staying civil vs. being a rotten little snitch or busy body.

This strikes me as encouraging living far enough over that line to make it irrelevant for an issue of discussion.

Let me catch someone snapping pictures of my home or anything else to be a busy body code reporter if it wasn't serious enough to have taken the little extra effort to have reported without this? That wanna-be civil servant better live in a home worthy of Better Homes and Gardens, 10 minutes prior to time to start taking pictures and their car better be showroom spiffy and mechanically perfect. My whole side hobby would become insuring THEY are in compliance with everything imaginable...and "The Book" is REALLY REALLY big when someone wants to get digging and get picky.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have thought about this...If they want to use our data against us.

Never give accurate data. Report hundreds of false claims.

It seems they do not realize...Their data will soon be worthless.

Technology is a funny thing. It definitely works both ways.
edit on 7-8-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The more I think about this, the more upset I get. If I get a code enforcement officer stopping by telling me I was reported for whatever reason, I will be irate!

What can you do? Overload their system with false claims? Would you get charged with a crime with filing a false report?

The only thing I know for sure is that I don't like this at all.

People need to mind their own damned business!

top topics

join