It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OLEV-powered buses enter regular use in Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

OLEV-powered buses enter regular use in Korea

www.gizmag.com

As of this Tuesday (August 6th) the South Korean city of Gumi’s transit system will see the addition of two electric buses that draw their power from the road. It’s the latest step in the development of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology's (KAIST's) Online Electric Vehicle (OLEV) system, in which electric cables embedded in the asphalt provide power to vehicles traveling on its surface.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wireless electricity is here.

Wireless power or wireless energy transmission is the transmission of electrical energy from a power source to an electrical load without man-made conductors.

This technology will open up new possibilities, since the vehicles do not need large batteries to travel.

www.gizmag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Funny how all the compact ground-breaking tech s happening everywhere but the U.S.

Korea w/ OLEV powered Buses, Sweden getting power from trash where everything is recycled, GErmany going all alternative by 2020, Japan w/ the Bullet trains...

What do we have? Gas powered cars, slow expensive internet, , cell phones, terrible cable tv with 95% commercials, pollution, gmo (monsatan) crops, and the highest Cancer/Autism/Diabeetus/Death rates in the World. Yay america Yay!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
good one korea
i remember reading somewhere on the interweb years ago that tesla had a car running on electricity in the early 1900s with just a box he threw in to the cockpit of the vehicle and it did not even connevt to the wires
if anybody knows about this pm me please .

this is the way to go but will tptb let us

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

You are more right than you think, even CHINA is taking eco-friendly process and manufacturing seriously, although they are already smogged out in the big cities.

When all roads are OLEV and all cars run on it, that will be a glorious day for all.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's kind of what happens when the fossil fuel cartels buy politicians on both sides of the aisle to lie about and sabotage any source of energy that means getting away from them.

IB4SolydrafailLOL

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You know how much I hate being the pit in the peach on things...but... Well, I hope South Korea gets a handle on their Nuclear Power cartels. I don't know which is worse, quite frankly? Perhaps they're both (Fossil and Nuclear) about equally evil in their own ways for potential to doom through human corruption?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Kali74

You know how much I hate being the pit in the peach on things...but... Well, I hope South Korea gets a handle on their Nuclear Power cartels. I don't know which is worse, quite frankly? Perhaps they're both (Fossil and Nuclear) about equally evil in their own ways for potential to doom through human corruption?

Agreed but this system isn't powered by nuclear as far as I could tell anyway. It seems as though it's powered by magnets. Either way we really should be thinking of fossil fuels and nuclear as obsolete, they would have been 20 years ago if it wasn't literally a multi-trillion dollar racket.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very interesting and I applaud their implementation for public transit.

However...

Lets keep it confined to non-private use. God forbid countries adopt a federal project to implement these on public roads and force consumers to adopt a vehicle to utilize a vehicle capable of harnessing the energy.

Talk about a new level of government control if the government all of a sudden decides to shut the powered roads off in this scenario i just described.
edit on 7-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're right... don't mind me. lol.. I just meant a casual comment and not to be OT, which I can see that was.

It's another show of working technology for others to follow and that's always a positive thing. Maybe tech like the thread is on will help make public transportation more realistic in the US at some point. Right now it's just about worthless in many areas for trying to be so much that it does nothing very well at enormous expense, with cloud belching buses one can't talk next to for the noise.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What do you mean? America has LOTS of new tech being developed all the time. It's used to kill and spy on people more efficiently.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The system is powered by whoever is producing electricity for the area whether it is nuclear, coal, or petro.

The magnets are a result of a running current.

If the system operated on just magnets then the only electrical input would be the initial current which polarized the magnets themselves.

This system runs on electricity and is NOT some sort of free energy magnetic device . . .

-FBB

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

That's kind of what happens when the fossil fuel cartels buy politicians on both sides of the aisle to lie about and sabotage any source of energy that means getting away from them.

IB4SolydrafailLOL

However, that's not gonna change anytime soon

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wireless electricity has been around since Tesla (maybe before, but doubtful). In fact, he even wanted to provide this wireless electricity to the world.

Damn Interesting - Tesla's Tower of Power

Wikipedia - Wardencylffe Tower

top topics

join