It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to creationists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If we were created in the image of God, then why is it that we need a ton of vaccinations just to survive into adulthood (not necessarily true thanks to herd immunity, but again that's because at least other people are responsible enough to have their vaccinations)? Is the implication that also God needs vaccinations? If not, explain. ID/alien/etc. people can reply too..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm no creationist but since when did we absolutely need vaccinations?
Sure modern medicine lengthens our lives but it's not a necessity.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not a creationist either, but the Hebrew word for image is closer to "shadow", meaning that humans were created as a reflection of God, not as a carbon copy. Taken in its context, created in His own image means humans were meant to live out their lives as representatives of God, acting righteously the way God would.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Greetings,

I'm not a creationist either, how ever, it might be noted that our two daughters were brought up in a metaphysical
( new thought ) home atmosphere and never had shots nor were they sick. They were really upset when they had to get shots in order to go to college.

Your post implies that you have very little understanding of how the Cosmic Consciousness works.

Here would be a good place to start: www.messages2012.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm a creationist and a non-creationist. I believe we have no idea, but are designed to continually question and expand our own thinking. We are designed to put the puzzle together by ourselves, not through a person reading from a Scripture, or a scientist telling us his theory. We are designed to take all of the information, every bit of it, that passes through our lives every day, and formulating an idea of how we are the center of our own existence. We are the God complex, and we, thus far, are doing a pretty terrible job of it.

Raised Catholic, I had a difficult time breaking free in fear of being wrong but, I had a sister question to yours:
"If we are created in God's image, why do we listen to others to find the truth in existence, and not find it ourselves? Why do we die having not fully used the capacity of our own minds? Why do we just stop at a point and let others tell us what IT is?"

The only answer I could find was: "Control and power"

I am probably insane, but every facet of my life has led me to the point where I believe there is a God, but the question of what exactly God is, is still being formulated. (and I've been down the Atheist path, and all that did was close an entire hemisphere of philosophical questioning, so it came back to join up with the scientific side). I've had some of the most bizarre 'coincidences' that I don't even like telling people (like when I started trying to believe in God again and had a group of teens in a parking lot, who I didn't even know, yell what *sounded exactly like* "YEAH, YOU GO FIND YOUR GOD!". I tried to brush it off thinking they were just loud and talking to each other but, when I turned to look (they were going in the opposite direction), they were actually starring at me.

I no longer fear my own death, for I believe 'they' cannot kill me. My desire now is to do whatever I can to fix humanity before it's too late. And I do say the Our Father almost daily, since it's the only real prayer that Jesus gave to us. Son of God, or not, he is my favorite dude.

Oh, and for the record, none of my children were vaccinated and are some of the smartest, most compassionate, healthy kids in the entire school.

edit on 7-8-2013 by R3V3L4710N5 because: Added vaccination line

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

The answer to your question is... SIN. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God they created sin, and when they created sin, they also created imperfection. Mankind's sinful nature is the root of all pain, suffering, death, disease, etc... Man, being the arrogant creature that we are, has ever since tried to proove his equal standing, or in some cases, superior standing with/to God through science, but it is impossible for an imperfect, sinful human being to create something that destroys the product of his own sin. The only way sin can be overcome is through the grace and salvation of Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Not really in to creation, but I think its because we cover our body's with chemicals and take them in lowers our immune system, just a guess really

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Not really a creationist either, but the answer to your question is that god is simply a religious delusion.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

The answer to your question is... SIN. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God they created sin, and when they created sin, they also created imperfection. Mankind's sinful nature is the root of all pain, suffering, death, disease, etc... Man, being the arrogant creature that we are, has ever since tried to proove his equal standing, or in some cases, superior standing with/to God through science, but it is impossible for an imperfect, sinful human being to create something that destroys the product of his own sin. The only way sin can be overcome is through the grace and salvation of Jesus Christ.

This is the correct answer.
Man was created in God's image, and was created perfect (without flaw). When Adam and Eve sinned through breaking God's one and only given law, they brought sin into the world. Sin is pervasive, and has affected everything around us. Romans says that "creation itself groans, awaiting redemption...".

Likewise mankind is now "desperately wicked, and deceitful beyond all things". This is not to suggest that there is no good in man at all - we still bear a faint glimmer of the reflection of the divine - but that image has been corrupted through sin. This is why we have sickness, it's why we have disorders, it's why we have degenerative mutation, and so on. None of these things were part of the original condition of man... and obviously neither was the need for immunisation etc., because there was no sickness or disease.

The Bible says, however, that the day is coming when Jesus Christ will restore all of these things. For now, He waits - to allow as many as possible to hear and respond to the gospel (good news) about Jesus. The Bible teaches that this problem of sin is the fundamental issue at the heart of man - and the one thing that separates us from being in a relationship with God. Essentially, all efforts to reach God are fruitless and pointless, because sin prevents us from ever making that connection.

Only here, only in Christ, is that problem solved. The God of Christianity is not a God who demands that we grovel and beg and pray and do good deeds to try to impress Him - He is a God who sends His own son to take care of a problem we could never possibly solve ourselves.

So Christ, "being in very nature, God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing; taking upon Himself the very nature of a servant, and becoming obedient unto death... even the death of the cross."

This is the difference between Christianity and world religion. All world religions essentially have a single thread: "You want to reach God? You'd better work for it, son."

In Christianity, it isn't man that reaches out to God - it's God that reaches out to man... and does so in a way that isn't some intangible spiritual mumbo-jumbo... but a historical, verifiable truth. That Jesus Christ lived, died, and was buried... and on the third day, rose again.

That same Jesus will come again - and will restore all things. No more sickness, no more disease, no more sorrow... no more immunisations.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved", the Bible says. ...and it really is that simple. The work's already done - Jesus Christ has paid the cost to fix the problem inherent to the heart of man. ...all we have to do is allow Him to step in and fix it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

This is why we have sickness, it's why we have disorders

Doubt that. God is obviously the greatest sinner and hypocrite of the lot, according to your book. Certainly cocked his creation up massively and has been blaming us ever since, quite an accomplished @ss coverer it seems.

None of these things were part of the original condition of man... and obviously neither was the need for immunisation etc., because there was no sickness or disease.

Which original condition and which man? Ergaster, Erectus, Heidelbergensis.....one of the unknown common ancestors...one of the Australopiths or any of the other evolutionary dead ends? I like the Sivapithecus/Ramapithecus lineage ideas also, based on morphology, even though genetics doesn't seem to support it. Or are you referring the first "anatomically modern human" ? How do you know they didn't suffer from disease ?

The Bible says, however, that the day is coming when Jesus Christ will restore all of these things. For now, He waits - to allow as many as possible to hear and respond to the gospel (good news) about Jesus.

The bible says lots of things that are incorrect.

Essentially, all efforts to reach God are fruitless and pointless, because sin prevents us from ever making that connection.

The part in bold (my bolding) is true, regarding religious gods generally, IMO. This is because they don't really exist. They are fairy tale beliefs that stop people looking for whatever truth their might be.

The God of Christianity is not a God who demands that we grovel and beg and pray and do good deeds to try to impress

True. It seems he is far less than that. The bolded part (bolding mine again, obviously) is what he has in common with countless other figures from mythology.

That Jesus Christ lived, died, and was buried... and on the third day, rose again.

He might have existed, no certainty in that. The rest is nonsense. Didn't happen.

edit on 8-8-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

new topics

top topics

join