It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Mysteries Discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well at last we get a fairly objective take instead of the Nick Pope type lukewarmness-

www.discovery.ca...

Any comments?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Where should I be looking? I even tried Nick Pope in their search engine and no luck.

-edit-
I guess I should be more specific. Your link seems to be the home page of that series. Which show should we be looking for?

edit on 8/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Here you go

The rest are available on youtube .

edit on 7-8-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Heheh, thanks.

I thought he had one video he wanted to talk about, not the entire series lol.

Curses! Foiled again!....

I have seen one or two before, they seem pretty normal, I have seen the info I watched on different shows. Really nothing too snazzy. Will give a couple more a looksee. With UFO's and Aliens, it really all relative anyway. People either believe or they don't.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Too early to comment, but it certainly seems a little more detailed than most of these shews......
Ill be back after a few episodes more.....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
reply to post by EnPassant

Where should I be looking? I even tried Nick Pope in their search engine and no luck.

-edit-
I guess I should be more specific. Your link seems to be the home page of that series. Which show should we be looking for?

edit on 8/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: clarity

It is on all this week on Discovery channel - in Europe at least, at 8pm. It is interesting that Discovery has gone 'positive' on the alien thing after all the sarcastic programs they put on these last few years.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Some members can't view videos. It would be nice to add some commentary, at.least.letting some of us know .what the content is about..
Very bad form to hit-and-run leaving only a link to a video.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
those tv series are always interesting but are usually lacking of any real proof or evidence.
and they are made to look interesting and mysterious. without knowing more about all the people talking and the exact cases its mostly ending up pretty frustrating. all those panic people got abducted and never someone who would be more neutral and maybe interested in what happens. you look to the sky and wonder why always others are visited almost daily and you never saw anything close to what they describe.

its like those ancient aliens episodes. they look fantastic if you have no background. as soon as you start to dig a little deeper, most of those very mysterious things are just quite easy to explain.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A really good series, I'm looking forward to a series 2.

For anyone that can't watch: These are nicely made "accounts" and they typically get the ordering right and don't miss any major bits of a sighting out, for example Rendlesham they cover pretty much the full events and many after that I had never originally heard about, whereas a lot of documentaries of old didn't really go into as much depth. Good eye witness testimony in these documentaries too. Nick Pope in his new American way of life is funny on screen though, with his Hawaiin shirts and no glasses anymore haha
Oh, and the narration has this cheesy "tales from the crypt/goosebumps" feel to it but other than that, highly recommended, each episode is gripping in its own way.
edit on 7-8-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Last night was about the Stephenville incidents. Tonight, Corina Saebels. I thought Discovery was gone all sour and sarcastic about ufology, I wonder is this a change of policy, back to a more positive perspective?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I watched this show the other night.

It was rubbish

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One thing I really wanted to know after seeing this is are there any accounts or interviews with her daughter or her friend?

I saw one report on the internet where she said she saw a 'praying mantis' type alien which I don't think she mentioned at all in this programme. I wondered if she had always been consistent with her story.

Interesting one to hear though!

Re: the program. It was quite good I thought except those bits after the reports where they try to explain certain elements which are very simple. E.g. "Electromagnetism is when..." and "The habitable zone is an area which is....". They were much, much worse on another episode with one bloke explaining this thing called "Project BlueBook". I think most people watching that program will have heard of that.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have only seen 2 of the episodes so far and I think this series should be welcomed for it's open ended views.The usual style of these documentaries is the building up the mystery only for a more sceptical explanation to bring the whole thing back to reality and say there you have it. Whilst that's fine if it can be proven it is often done without ever questioning the plausibility of the sceptical explanation.

The Rendlesham episode seemed a little distorted to me. I don't recall John Burroughs ever saying he went back out into the forest and measured up the distances of the holes in the ground with Jim Penniston on Boxing Day morning 1980. As far as I've heard Penniston went alone and also made plaster casts.Burroughs has also stated that he was only debriefed not interrogated after the incident. Only Penniston has said that he was interrogated and truth serum was used on him. I am not sure if Colonel Halt sat around and played his tape to the witnesses either after the final night. I've heard Halt say that he played it to senior officers but not the regular security men in the immediate aftermath of the incident.

However the re-constructions and editing gave the impression all of these things did in fact happen. It also omitted Larry Warren's story. No matter how contentious that may be it is still the story that opened up the Rendlesham case to the general public.

The other one I watched was Corina Saebels case. I knew nothing about her story beforehand. Although it is the familiar tale of huge spaceships, missing time, naked grey aliens, who have no problem breathing our air. Aliens who can walk through walls, and use what we would now deem out of date medical technology to steal genetic materials from humans. Would have been nice to have heard from others involved as yes4141 said.

But all in all if this sort if programming can get more people interested in Ufology then I guess it's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

But all in all if this sort if programming can get more people interested in Ufology then I guess it's a good thing.

I agree with mirageman here.
Alien Mysteries seems to be really dramatic. I feel like it's trying to make things scary and this takes the show away from the material.

BUT: at least it's not chasing ufos..

edit on 11-8-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Jesus , Chasing UFOs was even worse than any of those Ghost hunting shows. It could have been so much better.

Tonight's show about Kecksburg was interesting and left suitably open ended again. It's a case I know the bare bones about but not the fine details. Certainly there seems to be a lot of eye witness reports and evidence that something really did crash into the woods and that the military, and possibly NASA, were involved in it's removal and the subsequent silence over the what happened nearly 50 years ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Well, at least this programme was an escape from the rubbish that the discovery channels have turned in to. Never any documentarys on these 'documentary channels'. All they have is guns, explosions and some sort of physical work (Mining, logging, diving etc.) which all use the incredibly overused and condescendingly awful 'uber-drama' format: set task of biggest/ most/ most expensive/ most pressure/ desperately needed etc. and show clips of shouting or explosions from the last segment then spend around 15 mins explaining how they got to that point interspersed with advert breaks and incredibly long 'recapping' as if the viewer can't possibly remember ~5 minutes ago.

Cheap, easy to make, easy to drag out and easily repeatable. For a little while I actually thought the producers were playing a game to make a programme about the most dull, innocuous activity and try to put this 'drama and tension template' on it.

Apologies for that but I can't believe how they've altered the documentary channels into these horrendous American programmes- they all have that "U-S-A!", "You can taste the freedom!", "Greatest country on Earth!" rubbish as their mantra too which is not exactly endearing.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've quite enjoyed them. True they have had a certain "cheese" factor however, I can see that's actually to "entertain" those whose interest is not as deep as people who post on here. It would be good if they were to commission a follow up that deals with how easy it is to hallucinate in the right conditions and give some background to how people who have hugely stressful home lives are sometimes prone to having, seemingly, "out there" incidents happen to them that seem wholly real. Not to diss the witnesses in the programmes at all merely to give some idea of how complex the human mind is and how it can totally fool itself.

I am glad to see the incidents being dealt with in some depth and at least those working on the CGI seem to have spoken to the people closely when recreating what they saw. So many documentaries, the CGI is nothing like that which has been described, I have never understood why they do that.

As for the sceptics side, well given none of the usual talking heads were actually involved in any of the incidents and the programs are almost exclusively about the witnesses then, their input really isn't that relevant in the context of the show's format. Really enjoyed the Stephensville incident show particularly where the guy comments on how. Since that incident, the FAA have changed their policy and the chances of obtaining the Radar data as they did, is now virtually zero.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnPassant
Last night was about the Stephenville incidents. Tonight, Corina Saebels. I thought Discovery was gone all sour and sarcastic about ufology, I wonder is this a change of policy, back to a more positive perspective?

Probably realised there is a lot more money to be made catering for people with a serious interest in Ufology versus the money to be made from people with a serious desire to take the piss out of it.

Discovery doesn't exist for any other reason than to turn a profit, there's a lot of profit in Ufology and ET topics.
edit on 15-8-2013 by MysterX because: corrections

new topics

top topics

join