It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels meeting with Russia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by ERagerz

I am deadly serious here - he is a monstrous creation!!!

And that's why they made him president

I hope you know that it was I who gave the star

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Despite the things he doesn't agree with Russia over, it does look at bit like Obama has thrown his toys out the pram and is sulking.

Surely its easier to keep talking personally and build a relationship with Putin than to not talk at all, nothing is gained by that policy.

Mind you our little beauty only has two policies and they are to fleece the public as much as he can and to do 'U turns' when dealing with other issues, I suppose one should be delighted Cameron can't even manage to find his toys let alone chuck them out.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Oh, so now you aren't talking about American athletes.

Again ... I clearly stated 'athletes' ... not 'American athletes'. You are backpeddling to try to attempt to save face. Man up and just admit it .. you got all up in my face and you were dead wrong.

And if you're not a conservative, then you've really fooled me with scores of your posts on political and social matters.

Apparently you are easily fooled because of your own lack of education in matters... as is evidenced by your statement that I was all wet when I correctly said that athletes who were boycotting the olympics did indeed attend them but under a different flag. I was right. You were wrong. Just deal with it.

Oh .. and no self respecting conservative would be against the death penalty; in favor of marriage equality; in favor of legalizing and taxing both marijuana and prostitution; and be in favor of a secular government rule without any religious dealings whatsoever - all of which I am.
You only see what you want to see.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I think the root of this goes back to fundamental politics in the region. I believe that "down the road", the Americans intend to facilitate the creation of an independent Kurdistan. I think they intend to turn that new political entity against the Iranians in the western region of their country. I think the (anti-Iranian) missile defence shield that the Americans have been trying to install in Turkey is related to this.

I think that the chess players in the Russian foreign ministry have tumbled to this plan. That is why they were adamant about opposing the introduction of this defence shield. They don't want to have to deal with it, if they were forced to support Syria against a major incursion involving the Americans or the Israelis.

I think the Russians have made a mistake in not either handing Snowden over to the Americans or in not exchanging him for someone like Viktor Bout. They have chosen to play games with the Americans over Snowden and it is difficult to see why they would do so. Yes, they have put points on the board in terms of propaganda and public relations, but they are cheap "gimmes".

They have embarrassed the Americans and now the Americans have said, "Fine. You want to play games with us. We will play games with you."

I think the Americans are justified in taking this approach.

I'm very surprised that Russia was not more businesslike in its approach to the Snowden affair. It is bizarre that the crusader against the surveillance state is taking refuge in a worse surveillance regime than the one he left. I really wonder what was going on in Putin's mind in all this. He has painted himself into a corner over Snowden. This is a Russian "eff-up" that should not have happened, in my opinion.

Snowden is cluttering up a very serious developing international confrontation in the Middle East/Caspian region.

I just don't get it. Tweaking the Americans' nose is not smart at all. The Russians have been very careful about how they have dealt with their "American partners" up to this point. Why get juvenile all of a sudden? They should be burning the midnight oil on Syria and Turkey and Iran and last but not least, "Kurdistan". They should never be taking their game face off. Trash talking is fine for B-ball, not for big league politics.
edit on 7-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

The Russians have not embarrassed us Americans. They have embarrassed our rogue government.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

That had to be one of the funniest comparisons I've ever seen. I was cracking up.

They say to judge a man by his actions right?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I think the root of this goes back to fundamental politics in the region. I believe that "down the road", the Americans intend to facilitate the creation of an independent Kurdistan. I think they intend to turn that new political entity against the Iranians in the western region of their country. I think the (anti-Iranian) missile defence shield that the Americans have been trying to install in Turkey is related to this.

I think that the chess players in the Russian foreign ministry have tumbled to this plan. That is why they were adamant about opposing the introduction of this defence shield. They don't want to have to deal with it, if they were forced to support Syria against a major incursion involving the Americans or the Israelis.

I think the Russians have made a mistake in not either handing Snowden over to the Americans or in not exchanging him for someone like Viktor Bout. They have chosen to play games with the Americans over Snowden and it is difficult to see why they would do so. Yes, they have put points on the board in terms of propaganda and public relations, but they are cheap "gimmes".

They have embarrassed the Americans and now the Americans have said, "Fine. You want to play games with us. We will play games with you."

I think the Americans are justified in taking this approach.

I'm very surprised that Russia was not more businesslike in its approach to the Snowden affair. It is bizarre that the crusader against the surveillance state is taking refuge in a worse surveillance regime than the one he left. I really wonder what was going on in Putin's mind in all this. He has painted himself into a corner over Snowden. This is a Russian "eff-up" that should not have happened, in my opinion.

Snowden is cluttering up a very serious developing international confrontation in the Middle East/Caspian region.

I just don't get it. Tweaking the Americans' nose is not smart at all. The Russians have been very careful about how they have dealt with their "American partners" up to this point. Why get juvenile all of a sudden? They should be burning the midnight oil on Syria and Turkey and Iran and last but not least, "Kurdistan". They should never be taking their game face off. Trash talking is fine for B-ball, not for big league politics.
edit on 7-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

What kind of Hogwash analysis is this?

Serious confrontation brewing in middle east because of one man Snowden?
Nonsense!

Exchange someone with troves of critical intelligence information for a AK47 arms dealer.
Not 1 for 10,000!

Russia not business like?
after US-NATO want to target whole Russian population with nuke laden missiles just 100 km away.

Buddy take some asprin, your butt is really aching 'cause Snowden got his asylum. Who the hell is Obama to tell Putin to do something and not do the other?
edit on 8-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Such PETULANCE from a leader of men.
Maybe we should get rid of all politician and put real common sense in its place.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Such PETULANCE from a leader of men.
Maybe we should get rid of all politician and put real common sense in its place.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

You need reading comprehension classes.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I for one commend Obama on this one. It's been required for a bit. Putin may not be a punk but he sure does like making others look and feel like punks. Putin has no respect for Obama or the US. It's been obvious since day one. If he won't even show some form of decorum then so be it.

However, The US government has to answer for it's snubs against the Russian federation as well and I personally do believe that we have been instigating things there through NGOs and opposition members.

Both parties need to take a step back and look at the mess they are creating and then get realistic on how better to come to the table and put the BS aside and respect one another even when they disagree. Until then I say everyone should just stay in there own corner unless provoked for no reason then the gloves come off.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

What mess is Russia creating in Syria? It is the US and allies who are formenting a civil war which has so far resulted in 100,000 deaths plus several times more injured. Guess blood of other nations or races is not important!

Russia or China are not creating any mess anywhere at least to the scale which US has been. Gloves come off? Do not count on the experiences of Gulf Wars or Serbia or Libya to be repeated. These were the nations with 1980s era weapons, not so well trained militaries and further stripped via sanctions of all kinds.

Whole of NATO jumping on small nations and that too one at a time and feeling confident like a drunk punk about to get some "real sense" shoved into unwanting places.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Anyone who decries this as petulant or childish does not understand opportunity cost. Regardless of a man's position in the world, he is still limited by the most precious of resources: time. Engaging in diplomacy with an unwilling party would serve no benefit to the US or Obama, and instead detract from the amount of time that could be spent taking steps to improve the nation. Now naturally it's up for debate as to whether alternative actions are effectual, but everyone should agree that merely resorting to the same tactics repeatedly and expecting a different result is insane.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

through NGOs and opposition

Do you know that John McCain is backing the pro western opposition which they want to join the Eu?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Hey, Kinda Sleezy Rice says Obama did the right thing, canceling the summit with Putin, so it must be a good thing, huh, because everybody here slamming Obama heartily approved of the Bush II regime and his renegade clown posse, including Ms. Rice, who was Sec. of State during his second term and was the on-the-ball National Security Advisor who was instrumental in stopping the 9/11 attacks, and making the case to attack Iraq because Saddam Hussein was indeed on the verge of having a nuclear bomb -- errr, or something like that, right???

If Kinda Sleezy says it's so, it must be true...

Condoleezza Rice: Obama 'Absolutely Right' Not To Meet With Putin After
edit on 11-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I don't even see where anything in your reply revolves around my statement but whatever floats your boat. I did not allude to such things nor did I imply them.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I surely do and I find it disgusting. I monitor what our Congress and Senate do constantly. When our Reps go abroad to places like Syria to meet these so call Opposition leaders to give there support it is a slap in the face to me. I take it personally. Most do not even know or care though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join