It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels meeting with Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hey, I'm just glad he keeps his shirt on when he does it….at least when the cameras are present.

Maybe that's what Obama was worried about!

edit on 7-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Why Yes I wear combat fatigues when I fish,Doesn't everyone ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, why a Chechen band of vengeful rebels may break from the brush and attack from nowhere.

At least he doesn't appear with an AK-47 as if he'd return fire himself. he just has that straight hanging gun arm when he moves to show he did spend years using them as a business.

I gotta say, in having compared Carter before? At least I believe Carter had no ill will or reckless indifference. He was just naive and the outcome was downright ugly, IMO. I can't say I feel the same about Obama. Maybe directly malicious and maybe not. Recklessly indifferent to U.S. standing and respect seems a given though.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Sounds about right for Mr. Moron in chief.

It would probably interfere with his vacation anyway. We can't have that now can we?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think Obama is afraid to face "Vlad the Impaler" for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that VP will surely bring out the facts of Obama's failed leadership in all categories. Obama is actually terrified of any situation that he's not in total control of. VP would smear O all over the court and O knows it.........I would find it humorous if it were not for the profoundly tragic aspect of the terrible state of affairs that is what was once know as the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm sure Obama doesn't want to answer to Putin about the latest revelations in the Benghazi boondoggle that the CIA was running guns and stinger missiles out of Libya into the hands of Syrian rebels.

edit on 7-8-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think the root of this goes back to fundamental politics in the region. I believe that "down the road", the Americans intend to facilitate the creation of an independent Kurdistan. I think they intend to turn that new political entity against the Iranians in the western region of their country. I think the (anti-Iranian) missile defence shield that the Americans have been trying to install in Turkey is related to this.

I think that the chess players in the Russian foreign ministry have tumbled to this plan. That is why they were adamant about opposing the introduction of this defence shield. They don't want to have to deal with it, if they were forced to support Syria against a major incursion involving the Americans or the Israelis.

I think the Russians have made a mistake in not either handing Snowden over to the Americans or in not exchanging him for someone like Viktor Bout. They have chosen to play games with the Americans over Snowden and it is difficult to see why they would do so. Yes, they have put points on the board in terms of propaganda and public relations, but they are cheap "gimmes".

They have embarrassed the Americans and now the Americans have said, "Fine. You want to play games with us. We will play games with you."

I think the Americans are justified in taking this approach.

I'm very surprised that Russia was not more businesslike in its approach to the Snowden affair. It is bizarre that the crusader against the surveillance state is taking refuge in a worse surveillance regime than the one he left. I really wonder what was going on in Putin's mind in all this. He has painted himself into a corner over Snowden. This is a Russian "eff-up" that should not have happened, in my opinion.

Snowden is cluttering up a very serious developing international confrontation in the Middle East/Caspian region.

I just don't get it. Tweaking the Americans' nose is not smart at all. The Russians have been very careful about how they have dealt with their "American partners" up to this point. Why get juvenile all of a sudden? They should be burning the midnight oil on Syria and Turkey and Iran and last but not least, "Kurdistan". They should never be taking their game face off. Trash talking is fine for B-ball, not for big league politics.
edit on 7-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think there's more to this than just Snowden... I doubt this is a personal move by Obama.

but its sad the way ATS and all its maturity comes out when ever there's a chance to throw mud at Obama.

Seriously.. grow up guys, this isn't the ATS I joined!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Snowden is cluttering up a very serious developing international confrontation in the Middle East/Caspian region.

Maybe Snowden is a spy, or even a double agent. I believe that there is much more to this than we will ever know. And, much like all the shadow games that are played, the true intentions of everyone involved, will probably never be known.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
Maybe Snowden is a spy, or even a double agent. I believe that there is much more to this than we will ever know. And, much like all the shadow games that are played, the true intentions of everyone involved, will probably never be known.

That could be, but I think it is unlikely. I would not be surprised at all if Snowden had been dosed with scopolamine or some such drug while he was in seclusion, so that the people from the Russian FBI equivalent could have a "heart to heart" with him.

Even Kim Philby, who was a genuine Russian mole in MI6, was never fully trusted by the KGB after his defection. It took him a long time to get work with the KGB when he got to Russia.

There is a possibility that Snowden was a Russian spy who panicked or who was tipped off to flee the United States ahead of immanent arrest. If that were the case though, I think the Americans might have announced this. There would hardly be a point to appealing to the Russians to return someone they knew was a Russian agent.

If Snowden were a Russian mole and if the Americans suspected this but did not know for sure, they might play the gambit according to "appearances" and the Russians in turn might respond according to "appearances". That might be what is going on. It would tie in with what was reported by Ecuadorian officials very early in this affair.

It is a murky affair. Ecuadorian officials did say to the press, under conditions of anonymity, only days after Snowden approached Ecuador for asylum, that the Russians actually prevented the Ecuadorian officials from facilitating Snowden's departure from Sheremetyevo Airport. The Russians definitely wanted him and now they've got him.

The more I think about it, Snowden as a Russian mole, explains a lot of strange Russian behavior.

I wonder if he is the FSB's first big coup of the 21st century.

Snowden has not gotten the press he has received by accident. Bill Binney was a much more serious whistleblower than Snowden, but most people have never heard of him.

Some people, like Webster Tarpley, believe that Snowden has received all the press because he has been turned into a tool to attack Obama by political enemies in the US.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That's because when you joined everyone was doing the same thing with Bush. Perhaps you would be more comfortable with more of that?

Bush sucks! feel better?

Only problem is Obama sucks worse than Bush! I know unbelievable right?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wonder if Miss Hawaiian Cupcakes 2013, (Snowden's ex-GF) has received her second visit from the FBI, in which they ask her if he ever betrayed some affinity, sympathy, attachment, connection, . . . to Russia, or had any likeable but slightly aloof Russian friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That pic looks like a man. That's his girlfriend?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

She's a slim cutie. If you check out other photos you will see what I mean. As a connoisseur of all things female/physical, I think someone's wife would give her the "bad housekeeping seal of disapproval" if she got within range of her husband.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I want some cupcakes.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Aww crap, I have a "no politics" rule... almost forgot!

I take back what I said, and I'll go post the U.F.O. video I shot last October instead!

My Bad...

edit on 7-8-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
He'd have gotten away with it if he chose the right issue. Shows how out of touch he is about things. Huge chunk of the public massively angry about NSA and the gay rights thing in Russia so what does he do? Barely touches the latter and goes against opinion on the former. It's even bad for a politician that.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Obama is one of the most unprofessional presidents in history. What executive acts like this???? Really???? The business of America still needs to be done regardless of Snowden. This train doesn't stop for one person because we have a schedule to keep! That is unless Obama is driving. Who re-elected this man-boy??

It is more to do with White House vrs Kremlin. US is testing the limits and controls of Russia. Telling Russian president to do something and not do the other is like acting a Headmaster. Putin did not budge and in return US accused him of cold war mentality. Early 1990s was not the right time to test such things as Russia was in shambles. Anything it agreed or budged to at that time was under duress. Now the situation has stablized a little for Russia and US wants to check its policies. Do Russians still have the desire to stand up to the US or they have settled into the concept of a second rate regional power.

End of it all, like any country, Russia is looking after its interests. Some matters it will agree with US and in other not when its interests are not fulfilled. Global domination of US in order to spread idiotic items like gay rights and punk lifestyles is not acceptable in many countries. Glad Russia chose to go its own way i.e. the other direction on such ungodly and unnatural bafoonism.

edit on 7-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The truth is that nobody cares, the only reason he needs Russia as an ally is because they like China do not belong to the WTO and it can not be manipulated by the US.
Russia can careless.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Obama is the new Jimmy Carter. No actually where Carter managed to make us look like sissies, Obama has made us look like pussies.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Carter had the misfortune of being President at an awkward time in the history of the United States. Obama is just incompetent and has, apparently, handed the asylum over to the inmates.

I respect Jimmy Carter for the life that he's led since his presidency. I highly doubt I will ever respect Barack Obama for anything he does.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join