It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop hits 8 year old kid in the face (claiming kid bit him)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2013 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

cool story.

You'd make a great cop.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
This cop handles this situation very poorly. But regardless of that, I feel that this is being blown completely out of proportions. It was a soft slap, nothing that will traumatize the kid. It's wrong of cause, but that does not make it newsworthy.
Kids are being abused, hit, shot, blown to pieces every day, all day long. This kid does not deserve the attention it is getting - and it does look like he bites him. Again, not saying that he should have slapped him. But lets say I bit my uncle or my older brother when I was a kid, I would have expected to get a slap like that in return.

and next will be ..

the soft punch to the head ?? and .."oh well.. *yawn*.. it was just a soft punch to the head..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Damn, did that cop just say he has the right to break out the child's teeth?

I think he said..

Arm.. not sure through ..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After watching this video, it's clear there are some terrible parents in the area. One kid, whos voice makes it apparent he hasn't even hit puberty yet is cussing like sailor the whole time, and around 13 min into the video he says" we could take you all down right now if we wanted to" to the cops.
The cops coulda done something at that point but they ignored him haha. The entire video people are screaming and acting pretty nuts, none of the cops seemed out of line to me. With that said, I don't get why the cop who "hit" the kid still kept hanging on to the kid when clearly there were other officers there that could have done the job.It might have cooled the situation down a bit. Or not..

Weird video. It's Unfortunate that kids are taken away like that but we have no idea what the mother was like or if it was warranted. As for the cop who smacked the kid, it looked to me like a swat, kinda like when a bug bites you kinda instinctive reaction. That's just my opinion.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

When I was in elementary school, some girl bit me in the arm for no reason on the school bus.
I just laughed it off.

The police would tell me I should have knocked her out I bet.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Kid bites cop. Cop reacts to being bitten. Natural reaction. Where's the problem?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

That kid is a little, hysterical, attention craving psycho who is feeding of the crowd around him - and the fact that people in the video feel that it is okay to act the way they do is the reason the US is in the state it is in now.
Bunch of uncivilized imbeciles these people are.

I'm not saying the cop didn't make a mistake. But I think it's clear for everyone to see that the cop never had any intention on hurting the kid. He even goes through a lot of trouble just to make sure that the kid does hurt himself or the cop throughout the rest of the video, and that is while being harassed by a bunch of morons.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I watched the video...
After the few minutes, I started thinking,... these cops could be spending their time WAY more productively by pursuing Active Criminal Behavior rather than following up on some CPS "get that kid we wan't 'em" b.s. ...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think the real abuse is that kid having to know who the father is from DNA and argue about who his dad might be. The cops reaction to the bite was a somatic reflex which can't be helped. Some cops may be' bad ' but not all are and by becoming hysterical over this seems silly to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Watching this, it does look like the boy's mouth came down to the officer's hand. Did he bite? Can't say, but it's possible, from what we see. The officer did pop him, but he did NOT "backhand" him, like the woman and others were claiming. Whether he could legally pop him at all, I don't know, since we don't know where this is, or what the local laws state on such issues. The boy was NOT injured, though, and showed no mark (we can see his face later). The yelling he was doing was what you hear from a child that doesn't want to be moved. I would guess most parents are familiar with that, at one point of another. A child doesn't want to go, so they pull away, and yell, and even say , "OW!" repeatedly. Had one of mine do that before, swearing his arm was "squeezed", when it wasn't at all. Seriously, when the adult hand was LOOSE around the wrist, and visibly so, he yelled. Why? He didn't want to leave. He didn't want his hand held. This boy clearly didn't want to be removed by the police, so he pulled and protested.

Was the officer in the wrong? Again, we can't say, unless we know the location, and the laws there. Legally, anyway. IN general, no, he wasn't wrong, if the boy did bite him. That was NOT some toddler, but an older kid, of 9-12 range in age, and he certainly should know better than to bite a cop. If a kid bit me, they'd likely get a small pop, too. Legally, we need the city and state, to know if he crossed a line.

As for the reasons he was being taken, blaming the police isn't right. They don't make those decisions, and in many cases, there is a valid reason. Not every parent that claims innocence is, though many are. We flat don't know. We don't have those details, so I won't state an opinion there, regarding possible DHS issues.

I do want to know one thing, though. Why did they have to walk that far to pick up this child? Don't they have squad cars? The beginning was on a street, with vehicular access, so why walk all that distance, through a hostile group of people? That seems unsafe for all involved, if someone decided to act.

Edit to correct - I see this was Eugene, Oregon, so does anyone know what the local law allows for the police, if they are assaulted?
edit on 15-8-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: correction

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What's sad in the you es is the cops at some point use to help people, now it seems like to a large degree thats' no longer the case. It's happening a bit here in canada too but not so bad. They're still decent here. But my fear is they could quickly learn from the people in the states. They certainly don't arrest 8 yr old kids here and drag them away. nazi?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join