It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe it or not (I don't) Al-Qaida has developed liquid that turns CLOTHES INTO BOMBS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
sorry double post.
edit on 7-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Probably sold to them by Eric 'guns for drugs' Holder.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

It's like they don't even try anymore, it was a lot more fun back when it was hard to spot the BS.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Remember the news story of al-Qaedas mountain bases?

I wonder if they got the idea from C.O.B.R.A mountain bases from the GI Joe universe.

Alleged al-qaeda mountain base...

Model of C.O.B.R.A mountain base

edit on 7-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
NEW TERROR ALERT!!! Al CIA Da has now perfected lighting farts. From this point on, all Amurkans will be required to fly naked with arms and legs bound and also have a rectal ventilation tube installed to prevent intentional gas buildup. However, all travelers of middle eastern decent will be exempt based on religious grounds.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not saying that the story is true but if you watch Myth busters, they did have a show where they turned a cover-all in to a bomb by using only fertilizer and gazoline and then simply setting it on fire....It exploded with a yield strong enough to seriously hurt or kill people at a 10 foot range...so....Turning or using a liquid fertilizer mixed with gazoline is a sure way to make a bomb according to Myth busters.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Not saying that the story is true but if you watch Myth busters, they did have a show where they turned a cover-all in to a bomb by using only fertilizer and gazoline and then simply setting it on fire....It exploded with a yield strong enough to seriously hurt or kill people at a 10 foot range...so....Turning or using a liquid fertilizer mixed with gazoline is a sure way to make a bomb according to Myth busters.

No that is not true. While they did find out that you could make the pants catch on fire (and therefore injure the person wearing them) they didn't explode.

en.wikipedia.org...

Each of these were put to four different ignition methods: flame, radiant heat, friction and impact. Although not naming "the herbicide" as sodium chlorate, they confirmed that trousers would indeed vigorously combust due to flame, radiant heat and impact, though their friction tests did not cause ignition. However, combustion (i.e. an exothermic chemical reaction between a fuel and an oxidant) is not the same as an explosion, which involves a rapid increase in volume accompanied by the release of energy in an extreme manner (i.e. a shock wave). Even so, a person witnessing such an event (especially if he or she were wearing the trousers) would likely describe the event as an explosion.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I dunno guys. They have made a semi-transparent jacket .. so why not one that can explode ?

Im sure someone with a descent chemistry backround could mix up some crazy stuff.

Its not so much the ability to make a material explosive . .. its that you can 'detect it'.

Thats the question you guys should ask yourselves.

Im sure you will not get 'how' its made .. or 'with what' it was made out of ( that would be kinda stupid on the part of the inspectors ). Its how one could detect it ( and I'm sure nobody is gonna tell you ).

JG.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I vaguely remember some kind of Iodine combo that was paintable when wet but exploded on contact if touched....
We had scads of fun with it in high school, painting it on doorknobs etc....?
Pour(a certain) acid over cotton balls and get "gun cotton" that's pretty explosive.....

so maybe it is real stuff....???

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It seems most of you did not play with your Chem set , some compounds can when mixed and left to dry will go boom, you can not get one of them today DHS TSA and FBI would deem you a threat pzrservices.typepad.com... made some nasty stuff in the day and age , just a few things : home made nitro , black power, acid that would eat through any thing, solid rocket fuel and a powder explosive that would explode when it dried, think of a nitro in a powder form self igniting, think it is a joke take a look at this sci-toys.com... then add in some nitro er gun cotton or any thing that would go boom. get the Idea , oh I do not have that chem set any more , the last experiment I did ate a hole in the bed room floor, I do miss that set.

How Many would laugh at the Idea of an Underwear going boom?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have some chemistry background and to those of you who say this is bs I would offer this for your consideration,

Guncotton[edit]

Pure nitrocellulose

Various types of smokeless powder, consisting primarily of nitrocellulose
Henri Braconnot discovered in 1832 that nitric acid, when combined with starch or wood fibers, would produce a lightweight combustible explosive material, which he named xyloïdine. A few years later in 1838 another French chemist Théophile-Jules Pelouze (teacher of Ascanio Sobrero and Alfred Nobel) treated paper and cardboard in the same way. He obtained a similar material he called nitramidine. Both of these substances were highly unstable, and were not practical explosives.

However, around 1846 Christian Friedrich Schönbein, a German-Swiss chemist, discovered a more practical solution. As he was working in the kitchen of his home in Basel, he spilled a bottle of concentrated nitric acid on the kitchen table. He reached for the nearest cloth, a cotton apron, and wiped it up. He hung the apron on the stove door to dry, and, as soon as it was dry, there was a flash as the apron exploded. His preparation method was the first to be widely imitated—one part of fine cotton wool to be immersed in fifteen parts of an equal blend of sulfuric and nitric acids. After two minutes, the cotton was removed and washed in cold water to set the esterification level and remove all acid residue. It was then slowly dried at a temperature below 100 °F (about 38 °C). Schönbein collaborated with the Frankfurt professor Rudolf Christian Böttger, who had discovered the process independently in the same year. By coincidence, a third chemist, the Brunswick professor F. J. Otto had also produced guncotton in 1846 and was the first to publish the process, much to the disappointment of Schönbein and Böttger.[

Forms a very unstable high yield explosive. Imagine a suitcase full of this stuff or a backpack on a subway?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

your on the right track, will not go into the hows, will not say how it would work or how to make one a weapon , but you get the Idea

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
At the end of the exploding coveralls episode on Mythbusters, the part where they go over the top for a myth, the bomb handlers on the show painted a silver explosive compound on the overalls fabric, which was violently explosive much like C4. If someone had the same compound, they could paint the inside of their clothes with it.
edit on 7-8-2013 by CAPT PROTON because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kulkulkan

yep one teaspoon = 1/4 stick TNT. was going to write a spook book, [think of Dale Brown ] about it, but then 9/11 happened.... now this???

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Yes, but the real truth will be that the rectal ventilators will tap methane from the passengers to run the engines that fly the plane, and they will serve bean burritos as the in-flight meal. And of course air fare will be higher since there will be no need for a restroom, and there will be more room to carry cargo......

First people are visualized naked via millimeter microwave scanners, and now that that tech has pretty much run it's course, we will all be required to wear an orange jumpsuit and our clothing will be shipped by remote control freighters to arrive long after we get to our destination.

Buy stock in airline in-flight attire, the next big emerging market.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

ha ha ha ha. Loved those cartoon pictures that sucked 80 percent of this country to war.

What was it...??? "There North, South, and East and West of there". Donald Rumsfeld.

SUCKERS!!!

You go for it again you are a traitor to your country.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

self edited the insult. I am gonna kick it down a notch.
edit on 7-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

OK brainiac. You are the first guy that figured that stuff out??

You are dealing with the deep deep underworld.

Your job is to stay up here on the surface and scream "Benghazi!!!"

So you think you are dealing with amateurs here??

You think they don't know how to blow #e up without hurting their designer clothing.

Remember BCCI?? You are out of your league.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The chemist says it's possible. So I'll consider it.
I just find it wild that the terrorists were able to do it, but our guys haven't.
OR .. maybe our guys have the ability and we just haven't heard about it.

Who the heck knows anymore ... talk about convoluted.

I guess as time goes on we'll see if this story is true or not .
I hope it's not true.
edit on 8/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I see no use of it other than DARPA might have played with it or the CIA as a safe opener, out side of that it is nothing more than a terror weapon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join