It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Jay Leno - "There is no spying on Americans"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Every four years to click the lever, punch the chad, color the circle, is enough for most of us... After that, it's time for summer reruns of "breads and circuses"...

I couldn't agree more. Obama could have sat on the Jay Leno show and announced that he has assumed sweeping new powers and was effectively the supreme dictator of the country and the audience would just sit there.

In fact he could make a national broadcast and proclaim the same thing and justify it in terms of protecting the nation and 95% of people would neither care nor even understand.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The president tells Leno, "The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."
infinite wisdom there Barack !! I never would have guessed it on my own

On embassy closings:

POTUS said the U.S. was not overreacting.
I bet he's insinuating that 'stand your ground' isn't an option

But, he said, he knows that the surveillance programs have "raised a lot of questions for people."
Brilliant deduction Watson...what ever gave you THAT impression ?

"We don’t have a domestic spying program. What we do have is some mechanisms that can track a phone number or an email address that is connected to a terroritst attack...That information is useful."
well, if they track and view email and listen to phone conversations in the U.S., then it really IS 'domestic' spying isn't it ?

With the well established track record, we need to assume the opposite of just about everything he says.

Was there any mention about jobs and the economy and how all that affects the majority of citizens ?

Silence is golden, deflection is platinum.

So HE says !

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Jebus Chist.

The man was on a comedy show, clearly he's testing out his new material in time for the White House Correspondence dinner next year.

Clever Obama!

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Am I the only one seeing this? Am I interpreting this wrong or what? This sounds awfully sinister "Mr. President".

""The odds of dying in a terrorist attack are a lot lower than they are of dying in a car accident, unfortunately."

Really?

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"Everything can and will be used against you". It is just a matter of time before this information is used in one way or another by this or the next corrupt administration. Only a fool would believe anything Obama says at this stage.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well Obama is right, they don't have people spying on anyone. They are called something like Data and communication monitors...... not spies.
edit on 7-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
it's a shame he wasn't on Daily Show with Stewart or even Letterman. When he said "there's no spying on americans" they would have brought up this story.

then he could have squirmed and attempted to explain how that couple wound up being questioned if there's no spying on americans.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama has lost touch with reality. I'd say that I can't wait for him to get out of the office, but we all know the next president will be bought and paid for too.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I was thinking the same thing myself. I have even caught myself having second thoughts about my web browsing habits and my "anonymous" comments. My wife is into canning and I was thinking about buying her a pressure canner from Amazon. I hesitated for a moment before typing it into the search feature. Then I realized that due to my overseas business relationships I have probably triggered their bells and whistles a long time ago.

I may be a little paranoid, but it won't be a big surprise if one day the storm troopers show up at my door.

I had also determined that the prudent thing to do would to become only a lurker her on ATS. Obviously that hasn't worked for me. This site is just too interesting and stimulating to hide in the shadows.

edit on 8/7/2013 by Sparky63 because: spelling always spelling!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I watched it last night and had to step outside for a smoke. I couldn't finish watching him.

Lie after lie fell out of that guys mouth. I wanted to scream at the TV that he was blatantly LYING. If you keep up with the stuff coming out of the Guardian, and the discussions on sites like ArsTechnica, you'd see it too.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He goes on a comedy show and lies and lies .... and he goes on vacation and shuts down Martha's Vineyard ... and all the while we are (supposedly) dealing with a threat that is supposed to be bigger than 9/11 ... and some 'in the know' politicians have said that its' a very real threat and that CONUS (Continental USA) isn't ruled out for a hit.

BUt he's got time for Leno and Marthas Vineyard and golf .... :shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah, explain that one away, Mr. President...

I, too, was thinking about buying a pressure cooker so I could can some peaches and what have you... I can't believe it's come to wondering if that's a good idea to buy a pressure cooker...

Really?

I bought one anyway, but I shouldn't have to even think about it... Sad days, folks, sad days.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I watched all 6 parts on youtube.

In my opinion he gets an A+
and as a bonus he owned everyone complaining
about his word choices in this thread.

Why?
Why do I say that he wins
and all the nit picking in this thread looses?

Because no one has articulated a clear vision,
and not only that.
No one pointed out that he failed to articulate a clear vision either.

He's beating ya'll with mediocrity.

Mike

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm going to assume the quote in the OP is correct and verbatim.

He is right. "there is no spying in Americans." The reason he is right is there is no such thing as "Americans." Is he referring to the people who populate the Americas? They spy, but not on Americans, but rather on human actions which take place in the Nation of the United States Of American. Americans is a nebulous term that means nothing at all!!! There is no legal definition of Americans, there are a myriad of definitions to define the status of humans, but Americans is akin to saying, "we don't spy on patriots" or "friends of the US" or "good people."

If he had said, "there is no spying on the human population that resides within the borders of the United States" he'd be lying of course, as the folks who were visited recently due to their Google searches are proof there is.

Symbol games, this is what is happening, and there are enough people who will be drawn in by the neuro linguistic programming system of mind control so this kind of action makes sense. In fact, there will be some 200 responses on this very post by people shouting, "no he's lying, they spy on us," not understanding what is really happening. What is really happening is he just cast a mind control spell over the population that watched his show, using words, phrasing, hand gestures, smiles, head turns, to simply program folks to accept the lies.

Billion's dollar collection building in Utah is for what????????????

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Leaders like the President and other important people should have to do interviews for the people that aren't previously scripted.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He goes on a comedy show and lies and lies .... and he goes on vacation and shuts down Martha's Vineyard ... and all the while we are (supposedly) dealing with a threat that is supposed to be bigger than 9/11 ... and some 'in the know' politicians have said that its' a very real threat and that CONUS (Continental USA) isn't ruled out for a hit.

BUt he's got time for Leno and Marthas Vineyard and golf .... :shk:

It's funny you say that, over here in UK I started noticing following any bad news in this country, it's generally followed by ''And Mr Cameron is flying back to Britain due to this''

Happened once, then again, and again. It's a joke now.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No spying!?!?

Phewwww, that's a relief. I feel way better now. Well, it's back to researching pressure cookers and a new backpack.

Hold on, there's a knock at the door. I'll be right back.......................

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Before getting into the b-b-b-but Bush argument....who can really support Obama at this moment in time?

How can he lie like that with a straight face.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This just goes to show just how stupid his handlers think everyone is.They have The President wheeled out to some friendly talk show have him say some vague reassuring things throw in the "There is no spying on Americans." line and we are supposed to believe it.
Next will be they will try the "If you don't support the NSA then you are supporting terrorists."ploy.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I"m sure Obama knew he'd get a softball interview with Leno. Obama wouldn't dream of going in front of a hard hitting news journalist who wasn't in his pocket and/or who strayed off the course of pre-approved questions ... IMHO.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join