It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain should not be sending aid to "bongo bongo land"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What a sad sad pathetic world we live in right now

Bongo Bongo is offensive? Oh for goodness sake.....

Where is Bongo Bongo land or are YOU making assumptions and adding 2 and 2 and getting five? Could it be that it is YOU making the connection between a phrase like "bongo bongo" and a specific place?

How many people from Bongo Bongo land have been offended and complained? I'll tell you...

NONE!!

It's British, self satisfied, smug, delicate, over sensitive idiots that are offended

Or are the people of Bongo Bongo land offended by proxy?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... You're offended? So what!!!

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

The problem is where the aid money ends up, usually in the pockets of the most reprehensible type of dictator on the face of the earth. You are right when you state that this encourages aid receiving nations to buy British goods,unfortunately it is arms that are bought, sending the poorest in their country even closer to the abyss.
Don't kid yourself that the starving of Ethiopia or Somalia are helped by the UK's aid, they don't see a penny of it.

edit on 7/8/2013 by nake13 because: /

edit on 7/8/2013 by nake13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well he may have used some unpoliticaly correct words but he does have a point.

Why are we sending Billions to foreign countries when we are making drastic cuts here?

Also if its true that that our money is buying fighter planes in Pakistan when our RAF is under equipped and under trained due to budget cuts then its a disgrace!

Sorry but I would rather have a offensive MP that actually gets to the point and tell the truth than 200 polite MP that skirt around the issues and stab the country in the back by sending MY money to tin pot dictatorships and Extrimist countrys.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
There's certainly nothing wrong with voicing those concerns, it's just the dismissive, arrogant and supercilious manner in which he has done so that I personally don't like.

edit on 7/8/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

Better un polite and to the point that skirting around the edges and useing political double talk.
Least you know were his policys stand.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
hes already stated that small firms are 'stark staring mad' to hire young women, attitudes like this do nothing to increase my chances of getting a job.

But hes right. A stuggleing small buissness can not afford a pregnacy. It not a case of being sexist its a case of risk haveing your buisness fail because of a employees life choice.

If there was a way for special contracts that allow small buisness not pay materity leave or be able to politely dissmiss for pregancy then employment rates for young women may go up, as long as they make the choice too not get pregnant and if they do? Well save enough money for childcare or get a job with a big buisness that can afford it.
edit on 7-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

hes already stated that small firms are 'stark staring mad' to hire young women, attitudes like this do nothing to increase my chances of getting a job.

But hes right. A stuggleing small buissness can not afford a pregnacy. It not a case of being sexist its a case of risk haveing your buisness fail because of a employees life choice.

If there was a way for special contracts that allow small buisness not pay materity leave or be able to politely dissmiss for pregancy then employment rates for young women may go up, as long as they make the choice too not get pregnant and if they do? Well save enough money for childcare or get a job with a big buisness that can afford it.
edit on 7-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Please correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the government pay for maternity leave? The employer pays it then claims it back from the government.

To not employ someone because they are female is discrimination, and there are laws against that, and rightly so.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
if you don't think " bongo bongo land " is racist - then your detatchment from reality is absolute

What continent is Bongo Bongo land on? It could be next to Bora Bora or Trinidad and Tobago. I would assume the Capital is Oingo Boingo too? Right?

Just sayin.........

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Its the other costs that are problem. Like training a temperory replacement ect.

Cry discrimination all you want. Its not about being a women its about cost to a start up or small business that is on a very tight budget.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Give me a break. There are serious issues that needs to be addressed, and this idiot and his idiotic bongo statement doesn't deserve the outrage it's getting. "Oh no, he said something politically incorrect!"... Yes, because not being politically correct is just as abhorrent as NOT having jobs, NOT having money, NOT having a safe are to live, NOT having a government that knows what's it's doing...

Get a grip people, there are more important things then upsetting some minority going on in the U.K. and the world that has dire implications on all of us as opposed to someone saying something mean.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Depending on the business you mean, not all would need to spend money on training staff.

It's all part of being an employer these days.

They would have plenty of notice, pregnancies do tend to last around 9 months you know and the earliest you can take maternity leave is 11 weeks before the baby is born.

I dont think it justifies blacklisting women pre-menopausal age from the workforce

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Bloom was lying!

On the other hand, the issue of what our aird money is used for remains a serious and important issue. As does the question of whether I want my money used to help Britons dying of cancer or Africans dying of starvation because Mugabe closed down the farms .....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is a link to Godfrey Bloom's Channel 4 interview. Non-UK members might not be able to watch until it gets uploaded to YouTube.

Bongo-bongo interview

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I dont think it justifies blacklisting women pre-menopausal age from the workforce

Im setting up a small buissness and being in the Science and engereering sector training is a BIG factor and finding cover for maternity leave would not be feasible. And one I cant ignore. But on the other hand I dont want to exclude a canndidate on there gender if they have the skill Im after.

Its very difficult. And the rules on pregancy need to be more flexible for small buissness. The choices of the women should not have to impact my rights as a buisness owner. I dont care what one does with her body as long as it doesnt impact me and it shouldnt.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Men are entitled to up to 26 wks paid paternity leave also depending on if the mother decides to go back to work, ( my friends partner took paternity leave as she wanted to get back to work asap )
So you may end up faced with the same situation, even if you employ an all male workforce.
I suppose its just something small business owners have to think about before they get into it, its the way things are now.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NO WE SHOULD NOT!
nor should we be sending welfare to poland. bloody EU!
UKIP= great ideas. but not the money to launch huge smear campaigns like tory or labour govt.
(save your breath with the lame "but this is not a smear campaign" i'm just saying)

bad enough having immigrants here in the 1st place let alone sending money to support others.FFS.
Funny,The muslims hate the western world and there philosophy/consumerism yet they flock here
to enjoy the lavish lifestyle! hypocrites much
LOL barf indeed.

charity starts at home.UKIP bloke saying what white british nationals are thinking. oh the shock of it

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Men are entitled to up to 26 wks paid paternity leave also depending on if the mother decides to go back to work, ( my friends partner took paternity leave as she wanted to get back to work asap )
So you may end up faced with the same situation, even if you employ an all male workforce.
I suppose its just something small business owners have to think about before they get into it, its the way things are now.

And I dont agree with male leave that either. What if I wanted to take 26 weeks off to go for a trip round the world?

In this day and age we should be encouraging buisness not hindering for the sake of population growth we cant afford.

link   
I guess it's good to know,
that we, the USA, don't have the market cornered
on loud mouthed old man racist sexists
edit on 7-8-2013 by sealing because: grammar

link   
he had a point to make and anyone would expect that point to be made tactfully and with some diplomacy, whatever way you look at it, it is disrespectful, it's not the way to conduct business. we are all lectured to have respect for our fellow man, as well as ourselves, its just not the way to go, show respect and refer to wherever you are talking about with respect, it's no more a hovel than where he came from... and bongo bongo land as far as I am aware is in Brazil....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The UK has state paid "maternity leave" - and "paternity leave"?

Wow! Don't tell the welfarites in america that. Here, you can take time off, but the gov't doesn't pay you for it. If your job has a deal, or you get sick time that you've saved up, you can get paid.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
he had a point to make and anyone would expect that point to be made tactfully and with some diplomacy, whatever way you look at it, it is disrespectful, it's not the way to conduct business. we are all lectured to have respect for our fellow man, as well as ourselves, its just not the way to go, show respect and refer to wherever you are talking about with respect, it's no more a hovel than where he came from... and bongo bongo land as far as I am aware is in Brazil....

no, fair do's I agree. This sort of slur is unacceptable.I'm not saying racist slang does not exist cos it does
even i'm guilty of using derogatory terms amongst my "click" BUT I would never say it to "there" face or go out of my way to offend other culture's. i'm not some bloody neo nazi

This should never have happened,especially with his position and knowing the media would run with his story.
so whilst I hate how England has/is being sold down the pan it's not the immigrants/foreigners that are at fault
It's those in government and positions of power that make the policies that are at fault.
Don't hate the player hate the game etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join