It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think i accidently started Lucid Dreaming last night, was interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'll try keep this short and to a point because you know how dreams can ramble on and on.
Of the whole dream itself i remember segments - Specially the "lucid dreaming" bit. Basically i was interacting with a friend of mine i know in real life and he "went somewhere" and i was left by myself, trying to follow him. At this point i became consciously aware that i was dreaming, actually "saying" those words to myself "Wait, i am dreaming, it shouldn't be hard to catch up with him"

So, for some reason i wasn't entirely clothed (Though i didnt feel naked lol) So i said to myself, right, i want clothes and suddenly im wearing jeans, boots etc (Boots i dont normally wear at all
) I was astonished! I even managed abit of flying but it sooned seem to fade out. Despite still being in the same dream i was unable to continue to "control" aspects of it, the reason being i couldn't seem to find a quiet place within the dream to concentrate - Or perhaps i just slipped back into actual sleep. In the end, Night turned to a wonderful sunny day and i ended up at a train station with a girl ive never seen before in my life - She ordered the weirdest coffee ever!

After waking up this morning i half wonder if my brain is inviting me to explore such a state of mind - It felt very freeing. I have recently been watching Spirit Science on YouTube which has spoken a lot about astral projection and lucid dreaming, suppose it has just caught my imagination.

Was i lucid dreaming and do you think there's a good chance i can learn how to do it better?
edit on 7-8-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Once you are able to ask yourself a question..."is this a dream ?"...you're on your way to lucid dreaming...

Happy exploring...and indeed...you should.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I found if I wrote any dream I remembered down, it helped me remember more and more of my dreams over time. For example, the first time I wrote something down, it was one dream, and so it went on for a few days with maybe an occasional second dream. I did this for about six weeks and suddenly was remembering, in vivid detail, a dozen or so dreams per night.

You must write immediately when you wake though, if you think "Oh, I clearly remember this dream and will just brush my teeth first..." you will forget it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Once you are able to ask yourself a question..."is this a dream ?"...you're on your way to lucid dreaming...

Happy exploring...and indeed...you should.

Possibly one of the most important keys to practice for beginners.

I've found that audio cues are very helpful for training this.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i had one too last night, it was pretty crazy, first one that was so real

new topics

top topics

join