It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks, I feel much better now.

If it's for my own good I am all for it.

Not to derail the thread, but I often think of those poor people in those towers.

The ones trapped above the impact. They had to be wondering where is the Government.

Folks, the government is not going to save you.

However, they will make a pretty cool 3D image of your dead family....No Thanks.

edit on 7-8-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
V.I.P.R.

Well, that's just dumb.

I can imagine it now.

"We need a cool name. Something funky."

"I know! We can call it a Viper Squad! Doesn't that sound cool?"

"Yeah! Now we have to come up with words."

"Okay."

"Um ... "

"Visual?"

"I guess. Visual what?"

"I don't know. Interchange?"

"That doesn't make sense."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Let's try another word."

"Um ... "

"Intermodal?"

"What?"

"I don't know what it means."

"Is it even a word?"

"I just made it up."

"Let me check google. Let me see ... Intermodal ..."

"There it is."

"Where?"

"There!"

"Oh yeah. Intermodal. It's something to do with two or more types of freight."

"Does that make sense?"

"I don't know. It sounds scary, I think."

"Well, I guess we can use it."

"Cool. What about the other letters?"

"Maybe we can do those after lunch."

"Rad."

"Hey, Terry?"

"Yes, Dan?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
VIPR.... Sounds like something from GI JOE and COBRA..... Just a quaint similarity... Just a odd thought I had~

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is literally going too far.

This sightings of basically, swat teams, just walking about like beat cops in certain areas is way way OTT.

The cops in large London train stations and at air ports carrys guns, but are far from a blacked out swat team and do not cause any bother at all - in fact have been a common sight for 20 years.

Whats going on with the TSA's overbearing baby sitting of US citizens sounds intimidating which by their own volition is exactly what its meant to be, a deterrent, but is a deterrent worth frighting and provoking MORE fear than actual terrorists!? I say no.

If i had to be blown up by a bomb, id rather not see it, hear it or have any indication to suspect its coming - but thats just me.

Stop the terror by all means, but dont terrorize the people you are trying to save from terror.... right?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

No kidding eh? They can be absolutely brain dead on these things at times, can't they? They could have named it something benign like a peace and safety team...or maybe a document checker detail.

Instead they choose a name to bring to mind a critter so dangerous, it tends to kill it's own handlers just regularly enough to make news and know about it. Uhhh... Who thinks this stuff up, especially in domestic law enforcement and just who is the enemy here?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Vell, Und now der TSA ist inzerted into der populace zuckzessfully,
Ve vill zoon bring it in zee ARMBANDS!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Thats what gets me on my tripsto NY

Some amercans say the Uk is a police state but new yorks far worse. The police marched around like storm troopers and the TSA at the airports went out there way to bother you/ expect at 6:00 in the morning when they couldnt be botherd to do anything IE going to careless

And I hate to say it the overbearing use of the flag mixed with the contant military promotion remined me of North Korea/ NAZI Germany

edit on 7-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I know someone that works for the TSA. If she can get a job there, anyone can.

I don't think she'd be very good at being on a "VIPR" team either. I think she's shot a gun before, but I'm not sure.

Being a TSA screener looks like the most cake job ever. If you're unemployed and have a clean background, you should apply.

It's not selling out, it's buying in.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Man we really need Super Heroes and Super Villains don't we. It would take all of this to the next level and keep things REALLY interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Although we are well known on this board for over-hyping fear of the NWO; it needs to be said that if One World Government is ever rolled out, it will begin in America. The foundational principles are well-established now, and all it will take is an engineered crisis on the global stage to implement widespread martial law in the US - then will begin the seizure of industry for the benefit of the regime, in order to prepare for global war (which will be claimed as on the horizon, with an escalation to the current kick-off in the ME as evidence).

VIPR squads will be the stop & search gurus in the event that police & sheriffs refuse to partake of the deadly sin of treachery against one's own people.

There are enough frightening developments in the USA of late to make me think that the NWO is genuinely moving into its final phase. I can only perceive deceptive spiritual teaching to be at the core of the secret societies who enable all of these changes to be made within ordinary society - the morals of what is happening are inverse; a means to an end, for the greater good & so forth.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Yea the VIPR name really catches the attention doesn't it.
I wonder how much a VIPR agent makes a year.

Yeah I wonder what the going salary is for trampling the constitutional rights of fellow citizens is these days...

We pay the president 400k a year and congressmen around 200k to do it, got a feeling these guys are doing this on the cheap.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That is just it though, i don't really blame them as much as you would think. I mean, it's Modern America, you have to realize that these guys got jobs the old fashioned way. They are bomb techs and k9 unit handlers, these are not easy jobs to get. You can't just apply and watch a video. These guys are trained, hard working and likely trying to keep you safe without taking too much #.

Its simple supply and demand. Now we could argue to the moon and back about why they are in demand, but they are and thanks to healthy recruiting habits by the armed services in schools, these guys have jobs today.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

That is just it though, i don't really blame them as much as you would think. I mean, it's Modern America, you have to realize that these guys got jobs the old fashioned way. They are bomb techs and k9 unit handlers, these are not easy jobs to get. You can't just apply and watch a video. These guys are trained, hard working and likely trying to keep you safe without taking too much #.

Its simple supply and demand. Now we could argue to the moon and back about why they are in demand, but they are and thanks to healthy recruiting habits by the armed services in schools, these guys have jobs today.

If they where in Law Enforcement they take an oath.

They are to protect constitutional rights.

I blame each and every one of them.

A TSA agent is no different, they are the lowest rung of tyranny, and following orders is a piss poor excuse.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nothing like using the fear of terrorist threats to expand their use of public searches. This is controlling the public by using fear 101.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
VIPR.... Sounds like something from GI JOE and COBRA..... Just a quaint similarity... Just a odd thought I had~

VIPR = highly poisonous snake
We know what to do with poisonous snakes when they come into populated areas.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Forgive me, but so does the President and members of Congress as they have for a long time now. Only difference, you can bet most of these guys aren't gonna be millionaires.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Citizen OP, why are you complaining?

Are you hiding something? Plotting some nefarious scheme? In league with evil doers? No innocent person should see anything wrong here. My goodness, no. It's all reasonable measures in the name of public safety...isn't it?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

reply to post by benrl

If they where in Law Enforcement they take an oath.

They are to protect constitutional rights.

I blame each and every one of them.

A TSA agent is no different, they are the lowest rung of tyranny, and following orders is a piss poor excuse.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

100% spot on. I most certainly place blame squarely on their little pin heads. If they believe they are fighting against acts of terrorism they are to bloody STUPID to hold any job. DHS /TSA are the problem!! I give them no quarter, a citizens only recourse is to ostracize each and every one of these turds.I've heard of a few establishments that have refused to serve them.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is pathetic

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

TSA is the reason I don't fly anymore, first one that grabs at me outside an airport is not going to like the result.

Big talk.
I'm afraid you will be the one who doesn't like the result.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join