It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouts of 'Black Power', 'White Power' Lead to Severe Beating in LR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Another thread about race baiting I see. The whole trayvon thing seems to be dying down yet it seems that a lot of people continue to grasp at straws because they desperately want to believe there is a race war being waged against white people.

If the msm is indeed adding fuel to the racial tension, then threads like these are fanning the flames.
edit on 8/7/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

There is a race war being waged against white people, and the main stream liberal media and other liberal activists have been promoting that for decades.. It's okay to admit this since everyone already knows it is true..

Many of those groups need racism to flourish in order to continue profiting from it..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by snarky412
Blacks don't like the N-word, they take offense.[unless spoken by another black]

Well many white people don't like the 'black power' chant and find it offensive.

Finding something offensive isn't the same as a racial slur. Do you even understand the definition of a slur? I think you don't nor do you even want to.

Evidently this guy found it offensive but being as he was drunk, that probably altered his decision making.
He didn't whoop up on the black dude for chanting black power however.
It was the black dudes that beat him senseless when the white guy said 'white power'.

Finding something offensive isn't the same as a slur. One party screamed "black power" the other "white power". The black skinned folks didn't call the white skinned folks some disparaging name and vice-versa.

O.K. for guy to say black power.
Not O.K. to say white power, or you get your azz kicked and put into hospital.

Wasn't arguing the morality of it. Just saying it isn't a slur. They screamed their "primal" battle calls and that is all.

The article stated 'racially charged'

Police say after the racially-charged language, two black men kicked and stomped the victim, who witnesses say was drunk at the time.

I said 'offensive'

My comment:

Blacks don't like the N-word, they take offense.[unless spoken by another black]
Well many white people don't like the 'black power' chant and find it offensive.

Please note my use of "offensive" , not "slur".
And yes, I know the difference hence why I didn't state as much.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
The only race war happening is the one inside a small percentage of sick minded people with some very deep rooted issues of self righteousness and self idolizing, both are very scary things to have.

Seek help.

This is honestly 3 very immature, narrowminded people having a difference of opinion, that's all it's ever been, people having a difference of opinion, to say it's anything else is to be part of the problem.

What is sad that it had to result in a severe beat down.
Gone are the days of making insults and walking away unscathed.

'Violence' in our country needs to be addressed as a serious issue instead of being ignored.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

You stated this in your OP:

It is terrible to hear people chant racial slurs like 'black power', but in Little Rock of all places, the white guy should have thought twice about responding since he was by himself.
And if he was drunk, well he really didn't have a chance.

You said slur sir....I wouldn't have called it out otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You stated this in your OP:

It is terrible to hear people chant racial slurs like 'black power', but in Little Rock of all places, the white guy should have thought twice about responding since he was by himself.
And if he was drunk, well he really didn't have a chance.

You said slur sir....I wouldn't have called it out otherwise.

Yes sir, because I was quoting from the article.

And I thought it odd for the police to say "racially charged language" but they didn't deem it a hate crime.
I used their terminology at the beginning because it came from the article that I had just read.

My comments after that stated "offensive".
I guess that's not good enough tho.

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Try again....the article you linked never used the word "slur".....sorry strike three. Have another excuse?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Try again....the article you linked never used the word "slur".....sorry strike three. Have another excuse?

Oh good god almighty.......how nit pickin do you have to be???

I put 'slur' in there ONE TIME!!!!!
I'm sorry...I'm sorry....I'm sorry...I'm sorry!!!!

So to hell with the rest of my comments then??
Judge me for the use of a word ONE time?

Guess you never mess up, huh?
Must be nice.
Just sit around waiting to pounce on some one for improper word use.

Now that we got that out of the way, what has that got to do with the content of the article any way?
Nothing that I can see....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It has a lot to do with your comments. By claiming it was a slur (only the "black power" portion mind you) you created this aura of a perceived racial charged situation. SO yes, your words matter in this situation, just as much as you made the words matter that were never claimed to be a slur...that you claimed you never said....or you quoted....or that the person that called you out was a big meanie.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It has a lot to do with your comments. By claiming it was a slur (only the "black power" portion mind you) you created this aura of a perceived racial charged situation. SO yes, your words matter in this situation, just as much as you made the words matter that were never claimed to be a slur...that you claimed you never said....or you quoted....or that the person that called you out was a big meanie.

The article itself perceived the fight to be a racially charged situation with the use of "racially-charged language".

My apologies once again for the mis-use of the word.

I've never been hammered for using an improper word except by my older sister.

You gave me flash backs and I had to figure out what I did wrong.

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Understandable and I hope you see why I honed in on it and why I pressed it after you made several excuses for it. A simple answer, as you did in your latest post of it was a mistake would have saved the last back and forth for me.

It gave an appearance beyond that of the quoted article though in my opinion. It did reference a racial charged statement, such as "black power" or "white power"; that was more accurate.

As to the OP, I cannot say this exhibits a "white privilege" situation or even a satire of it. Two idiots spouted off nonsense (which I would think that neither even knew why they even said it) and it led to a tragic situation. Personally I don't see it as hate-crime, I rarely do; crime is crime and there is typically an element of "hate" in all crime when it involves one individual versus another.

I however do not apologize for seeking factual posts. I hope you understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Understandable and I hope you see why I honed in on it and why I pressed it after you made several excuses for it. A simple answer, as you did in your latest post of it was a mistake would have saved the last back and forth for me.

I don't remember using it in the original post, being as it was late in the morning and normally I proof read a thread several times before the editing time expires, instead I read some other threads before I went to bed.

So I re-read all my other comments when you said I used 'slur' , over looking the original.
It was not intentional on my part.
It's still no excuse, just a blatant over sight on my part.
[One I won't forget....
]

And I did try to steer others away from using the 'race bait' game.
If I'm to blame for that, once again I'm sorry.

That is why I apologized once you pointed out where I had used it.

Some of us aren't gifted with writing skills, that's why I'll redo my OP several times if I see where I stated something incorrectly or misspelled a word.
Or one of my bad habits is using past and present tense at the same time.
It's easier for me to write on paper than it is a computer. LOL.
Too many ways to mess up.

Thanks for your criticism........it helped me be more aware.

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 8-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
BROWN POWER!!!!! stop searching for racially charged crimes to post on ats, its getting annoying!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The only race war happening is the one inside a small percentage of sick minded people with some very deep rooted issues of self righteousness and self idolizing, both are very scary things to have.

Try telling that to the groups of good old boys and gals who are doing manouevres out in the desert and practising their tactics for when the call to arms comes from some charismatic leader.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Seek help.

This is honestly 3 very immature, narrowminded people having a difference of opinion, that's all it's ever been, people having a difference of opinion, to say it's anything else is to be part of the problem.

Exactly. The people with this mindset, some of whom have posted in this thread, walk out of their houses every day with hatred for people in their hearts and it's sad and disturbing.

I don't care what skin color you are, or where you come from, nor do I feel apprehensive about being around people different from me.

Seek help, sick people. If all that's on your mind is "racial this, blacks/whites do that", you have a problem.

The rest of us who prefer to live in peace with one another don't need you around, tbh.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

There is a race war being waged against white people, and the main stream liberal media and other liberal activists have been promoting that for decades.. It's okay to admit this since everyone already knows it is true..

Many of those groups need racism to flourish in order to continue profiting from it..

Who is profiting from racism? Who is waging a war against the white majority?

You sound like one of those people on stormfront or chimpout. It's honestly laughable to read this kind of stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

"whitey shoulda known better!"

There's nothing more ignorant than that statement. Black guy yelling racially charged phrases .. ok.. white guy, well he deserves what he got. Because everyone knows a few words spoken deserves a beating.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Im pretty sure if you have ever been to Little Rock, You will know really quickly that any racial spouting, will result in an A$$ beating. This city has a lot of Racial tension, and was the first city in the south to be ordered to let black students attend an all white school. Tensions got so bad that the President ordered a division of the Army to come in an assist the black students into the school.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join