It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nairobi airport closes as fire crews tackle blaze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Nairobi airport closes as fire crews tackle blaze

www.bbc.co.uk

A fire has broken out at the main international airport in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi.

The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) said Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) had been closed and passengers evacuated.

Cabinet secretary for transport Michael Kamau said the fire was "very severe" and urged peopled to stay away from the airport.

Images showed flames raging from one of the main buildings.

One report suggested the entire airport was being evacuated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
OK, nothing relating to the airport name, city name, country and fire turned up in the search results.

I stumbled on this a while ago. Isn't it odd that on the 15th anniversary of the embassy bombings in Kenya & Tanzania, a hub airport is up in flames? Could this be what AQAP had in mind, hitting transportation hubs? Only time will tell if this is the only going to burn down...

One picture of many on Twitter right now:
twitter.com...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oh wow I wasn't expecting the fire to be so large! I wonder what'll happen to flights that were already on their way there? Is there somewhere else close by to land?!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The logical part of me wants to say that it could be, but most likely isn't, related to the AQAP.

The wildly imaginative side of me says that its a fake story to cover the government's Zombie Extermination Squad and their efforts to dispose of the bodies left after a biogenetic weapon turned all of the people in the blast radius into subhuman cannibals with rotting flesh and uncontrollable muscle movements.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

The more photos I see of this massive fire, the less likely I think it will be that the airport reopens any time soon
I have a feeling it may end up completely gutted at this rate. The news reports around the web have mentioned that the firetrucks are either running low on, or have already run out of, water.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

The wildly imaginative side of me says that its a fake story to cover the government's Zombie Extermination Squad and their efforts to dispose of the bodies left after a biogenetic weapon turned all of the people in the blast radius into subhuman cannibals with rotting flesh and uncontrollable muscle movements.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The fire is contained, apparently.
Twitter

See, just zombies.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be such a large fire, looks like it's devastated the whole airport. I'm glad nobody got hurt, but what's caused a fire like that?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hm…. Aug 7th ….. The 15th anniversary of the Nairobi embassy bombing.

Nothing to see here folks….Just an accidental fire… Move along, move along…

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The reporter actually slips up and says the "cause of the explosion" before quickly correcting himself and saying "fire. Umm does he know something we don't .

new topics

top topics

join