It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida groups lead Syrian rebels’ seizure of air base in sign they continue to dominate anti-Ass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Al Qaida groups lead Syrian rebels’ seizure of air base in sign they continue to dominate anti-Assad forces

BEIRUT — Syrian rebels spearheaded by al Qaida in Iraq and its local allies took control Tuesday of a crucial military airport in northern Syria, opening a vital supply line between the rebel-held north and Turkey.

The end of the siege that had clamped down the airport since last October began Monday, when two non-Syrian nationals drove an armored personnel carrier, loaded with explosives, into a position manned by defenders of the regime of President Bashar Assad. The explosion devastated the Assad troops and allowed rebels to overrun the Mannagh Air Base in Idlib province.

Those rebels included multiple units affiliated with the Syrian Military Council, an umbrella group with U.S. backing. That poses an uncomfortable pairing of a group supported by U.S. resources with Islamist organizations Washington has labeled as terrorist.

The Syrian Opposition Coalition, the political component of the SMC, announced that the airbase had been “liberated’ by a mixture of nine rebel groups. They included the al Qaida-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria, or ISIS, and its Syrian sister organization, the Nusra Front.

And there you have it folks, further proof the so called "rebels", the Free Syrian Army, are nothing more than a cleverly disguised arm of a well known terrorist group we all know as Al Qaeda. These same "rebels" the West is looking forward to funding, arming, and probably support via NATO air campaigns.

Makes me sick. So go ahead America & free up more of your rights, your privacy, your everything, because these bad men must be stopped at all costs! Well, unless of course they're being supported by our politicians & military's.

Nothing to see here folks.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Love the ending to the title...........

dominate anti-Ass

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I would say Islamists are 100% Anti-Ass.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The Al Qaeda that the Obama Administration and our Rogue Congress have been arming and financing with our tax dollars?

And these ass holes have the nerve to cause a worldwide scare with their embassy closings?

They are ALL in bed with each other, nuzzling noses and rubbing backs!!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Follow the Liposuction.......

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by sonnny1

Donkeys are often associated with the lone Arab man wandering the desert with the donkey in tow, carting all the goods draped over it's back.

Or up on the beast, as well !

Only afraid of them if we start seeing lots of them appearing all over the planet and blowing themselves up in random places just after breakfast !

oO

edit on 7-8-2013 by winofiend because: snippedy dooda da ambiguous enda.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Must not comment even though I think all AQ are pretty much those.

The Syrian Opposition Coalition, the political component of the SMC, announced that the airbase had been “liberated’ by a mixture of nine rebel groups. They included the al Qaida-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria, or ISIS, and its Syrian sister organization, the Nusra Front

That is going to come back and haunt us.

AQ is all but destroyed say the current regime from modor, when they get done with Assad what do people think they are going to do next ?

Combat harden, with the gear and the desire to continue the fight, only the board will be moved to another country.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was going to say the same thing!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All I see is Obama kissing ass...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I cannot believe how all this is reveled to the public, but only a small number of people are blissfully unaware that the U.S has been aiding their "enemies" while they issue threats. I understand all of this is confusing. But God! The conspiracy theorist have been right about this all along.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I could have said something.........oh forget it!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think this is a plot elites are doing to get rid of their unwanted anymore child,along with a lot of other extremists from all other sides,it is called some kind of cleansing or refining if you will...It's funny Saudis and Qataris fell for the trick as well...You have got to love the politics...They don't even spare you Americans or Israelis if you are of no use to them anymore or simply have lost your popularity and expired....If majority of public opinion turns against a certain government, they do not hesitate to drop them like a dead leaf and support the new fresh faces in a flash...This has happened several times before throughout the history.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dumb question time .. I clicked the link to the news page but what is mc clatchy ?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

It's a news outlet. You could have just search engined it, en.wikipedia.org...

The McClatchy Company is a publicly traded American publishing company based in Sacramento, California. It operates 30 daily newspapers in 15 states and has an average weekday circulation of 2.2 million and Sunday circulation of 2.8 million.[2] In 2006, it purchased Knight Ridder, which at the time was the second-largest newspaper company in the United States (Gannett was and remains the largest). In addition to its daily newspapers, McClatchy also operates several websites and community papers.

The company originated with The Sacramento Bee, which was first published on February 3, 1857 after the California Gold Rush. James McClatchy took over as editor of the Bee within a week.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hey swills thanks for the reply I'm sorry I could of googled it but I believe I was at work at the time so got side tracked. Would you say it's a reliable news source ?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

As reliable as most, so no worries.

top topics

join