It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. senators urge release of political prisoners in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It seems a very serious effort is underway to somehow get those political prisoners in Egypt released.

And the nudges are coming from two men who are among the highest officials in the United States.

Despite a worldwide terror alert and travel warning, U.S. Senators Lindsey Graham and John McCain, who like pioneers of yesteryear, braved all obstacles, all in the name of freedom, finally got there meeting with Egyptian Prime Minister Hazem el-Bablawi and some other military and civilian leaders.

The 'Pikes Peak or Bust' theme was.........................

release jailed members of the Muslim Brotherhood
WHAT ?

In their infinite Einsteinisms, they made many glorious statements that certainly should make any Oxford professor look up words in a dictionary.

U.S. Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham urged Egypt’s military-backed government to release jailed members of the Muslim Brotherhood and called on rival parties in the country to engage in a national dialogue and avoid violence.
Brilliant !

“Democracy is the only viable path to stability,” said McCain, a former presidential candidate, calling for “an inclusive political process in which all Egyptians are free to participate,”

“The people who are in charge were not elected, and the people who were elected are now in jail,” Graham told reporters.
Did they actually think of that all by themselves ?

“In a democracy, you have to talk to each other. It is impossible to talk to somebody in jail,” Graham said.
Now we need an encyclopedia !

Both lawmakers referred to the military’s July 3 ouster of Mursi as a “coup,” something their government has been reluctant to do as it would have legal implications for the $1.3 billion dollars (977 million euros) in U.S. aid to Egypt.
OOps !!

U.S. senators urge release of political prisoners in Egypt

Just a little humor in this critical situation.

So what's the deal with the Muslim Brotherhood anyway ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Where was the SENATE OUTCRY,,,when MORISI thugs were cutting off Christian Heads of Arch-Bishops ????????/

but now they cry at such outrage,,,hipocrites,, whited, tombs of empty, bleeting,,!
Senators,,never were a good idea.
edit on 6-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here's some more 'not so funny' repercussions;

CAIRO (AP) — People living on Badr el-Din street say they found the two young men dumped in a pile of rubbish by a park on July 27. Amr Mohammed Salim, 22, a street vendor, was dead, hands bound and body covered with gashes, residents said. Hany Moussa, a 24-year-old kitchen helper, was still alive, but barely.

Torture Victims Turning Up Dead Next To Muslim Brotherhood Protest Sites

The 'Brotherhood' is alive !!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And after the dynamic duo goes all the way to Cairo, the White House announces THIS:

U.S. President Barack Obama has agreed to meet with Muslim Brotherhood representatives at the White House, sources told Egypt Independent.

Obama would reportedly meet with Brotherhood officials to "hear their opinion" on developments in Egypt, in the presence of Turkish diplomats.

Egypt Independent heard from sources inside the Muslim Brotherhood that Islamist-linked billionaire Hassen Malek requested a meeting through Obama's office manager.

Exclusive: Obama agrees to meeting with Brotherhood, sources say

Why not invite the Egyptian Military while they're at it ?

And let's not leave Israel out in the cold either !!

I wonder what they'll be serving for lunch and beverages ?

edit on Aug-06-2013 by xuenchen because: rock 'n

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well if i was,, fbi,nsa,cia,oss,nbc,abc, ya i would be changing all my access codes.
oh and General,,scrap those plans.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So, the US gov't is all in for the islamist jihadist/al queda/CIA WW3 breaking out?

Both dems and repubs?

America is giving Egypt 3 billion dollars to release the jihadists - but our supposedly allied friends like Qatar, Saudia Arabia, Bahrain are giving the Egyptians 31 billion dollars to keep the muslim brotherhood locked up.

What's really going on here?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I urge the prompt release of U.S. senators from their positions. All of them.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Seems like they're not too interested in our involvement anyway. Wow, people who actually want to decide for themselves what's best for them. The Obama administration hates that!

Shawki also said the involvement of McCain and Graham was unwelcome, adding, "We don't want foreign intervention to be imposed on us."

In a statement later on Tuesday, distributed by Egypt's Middle East News Agency and reported by Al Jazeera's Rawya Rageh, a top media advisor to Egypt's interim president, Adly Mansour, offered a stronger rebuke. The statement accused McCain of twisting facts, and dismissed his remarks as "clumsy," or "irresponsible," depending on the translation. (On Twitter, bilingual Arabic speakers debated the best translation for the word, "kharqa," which also could be interpreted as "moronic" or "irrational.")

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'm confused.

So when the egyptian people stand up (in the largest demonstration this planet has ever seen!) against the muslim brotherhood islamists, who tried to write their new constitiution close to sharia-law... then US senators have a problem with that...

but at home its alright to throw alleged islamists into guantanamo without due process??

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Wouldn't it be something if the egyptian gov't threw mccain and graham in prison with their muslim brothers? Just to prove a point.

Maybe they could share a cell with Mubarak?
edit on 6-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Men who piss on the constitutions of their homeland have no right to demand anything from other countries.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I'm confused.

So am I.

That makes 300 million of us that are confused!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

I'm confused.

So when the egyptian people stand up (in the largest demonstration this planet has ever seen!) against the muslim brotherhood islamists, who tried to write their new constitiution close to sharia-law... then US senators have a problem with that...

but at home its alright to throw alleged islamists into guantanamo without due process??

Well, yeah, it seems confused, irrational, and hyprocritical when you look at it commonsensically. But when you look at it the "right" way, it makes a lot of sense. It's called "Whatever fits our agenda of the moment."

See how simple it is...?

I mean, it's not like they think the American people are paying attention. Or care....

edit on 8/6/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
So what's the deal with the Muslim Brotherhood anyway ?

Well the Muslim Brotherhood is listed as a terrorist organization.

Wiki

So as far as I am concerned this could very well be considered treasonous, but that's just my opinion.

join