It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.S. spying revelations coming from Snowden leaks: journalist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The Rio de Janeiro-based columnist for Britain's Guardian newspaper said he has recruited the help of experts to understand some of the 15,000 to 20,000 classified documents from the National Security Agency that Snowden passed him, some of which are "very long and complex and take time to read."

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 2.cms

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

SMH you know what bothers me most, it seems most americans care more about the leaker, Snowden, than they do about the fact they're being spied upon

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Following this, The US President Mr. Obama has just announced that he has canceled his scheduled Meeting with Russian President Mr. Putin.

NSA leak issue is picking up speed...this ball is on a roll!

Newser
AP

Now Obama plans to spend those two days in California, instead!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The more and more examples of piecemealing this information, has me leaning more towards the whole deal being a carefully staged event...

What's the endgame?

Yeah. I think so too.

I believe the endgame is actually pretty simple. Obviously, there are things that anyone can only guess. But. I think that everything that is being revealed is actually true and this is just their way of telling the public.

Why? Because they can spy on people until the cows come home but they can't use the information in court without spilling the beans. They need to "OK" it with the populace so they can really open the floodgates.

You think about it, this fits their M.O. to a tee. Incrementalism. If you look at the way they do things, anytime they do something big, they use the boiling frog technique. They do something outrageous but they'll only do a fraction of what they could do. Just when people start to complain, they stop and leave it to cool down for a while before they take another step. So it looks like they're not actually doing what they have as their actual goal.

Then they'll leave that one to cool for a while. And so on. In the meantime, they'll have a bunch of different big things going on at any given time. While they're waiting for one thing to cool off, they'll do something big in another area.

This takes two birds with one stone....

1. It distracts people from the first thing

2. They're actually getting something done while they wait.

And on and on.
edit on 7-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Thanks for making sense!

Oh and Greenwald indeed announced a book based on Snowdens' NSA leaks to appear in March 2014

Journalist Glenn Greenwald will include new insights into NSA surveillance programme in unnamed book due in US in March

This is fantastic IMO as it practically guarantees that this topic is not going to go away for at least another nine months, probably much longer. (Insert your favorite false flag scenario to distract the masses... )

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

The Rio de Janeiro-based columnist for Britain's Guardian newspaper said he has recruited the help of experts to understand some of the 15,000 to 20,000 classified documents from the National Security Agency that Snowden passed him, some of which are "very long and complex and take time to read."

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 2.cms

That's interesting. Hadn't heard that, but it makes a lot of sense, and also explains why everything Greenwald knows/has access to hasn't been published yet.

And anyone who thinks Greenwald is some tool of the government, doling these intelligence revelations out slowly to some obscure advantage of the US government, is really grasping at conspiracy straws and is obviously quite unaware of Greenwald's body of work. He has been an outspoken critic of both the Bush II and Obama regimes as well as the party-line-toeing congress members of each party and the Washington D.C. establishment "journalism" corps.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The more and more examples of piecemealing this information, has me leaning more towards the whole deal being a carefully staged event...
I felt the same way as nothing happened to Julian Assange or Bradley Manning. Nothing will happen to Edward Snowden either. He'll be 'erased' somehow and brought back into the country though some backdoor deal with Russia IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dear Glenn Greenwald,

Cancel Christmas!

,DR

This stuff is so staged....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RageAgainstFascism
People don't like bullies. And the US is the biggest bully that ever existed.

Unfortunately this is true. I think it's a short hop from thinking we have the right to spy on everyone in the world to, we have the right to rule everyone in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I tend to agree with Mr Inquisitive with regards to reasons why Mr Greenwald has to time the release of new revelations. You only have to look at how easily the content of leaks has been sidelined by corporate owned MSM to focus on Edward Snowden and the general public's reluctance to face up to the fact that their Governments, under the guise of fighting terrorism are illegally mining personal data of every citizen on the planet. By releasing it bit by bit it becomes harder to sweep under the carpet, whilst more people wake up every day. If something were to "happen" to Mr Greenwald (or Snowden) it would only increase their credibility. They may have silenced Michael Hastings but at what cost?

To those who are convinced this is all orchestrated by the US government I would like to direct them to the endless stream of highly embarassing statements made by Obama, throwing his toys out of the pram left right and center (his cancellation of meeting with Putin in September just the latest) and the likes of Michael Hayden amongst others... and as for seemingly having averted an al-Qaeda strike in Yemen..... ROFL!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What's the endgame?

It does seem a bit like WWF tag-team wrestling shout-outs for the camera. You'd have "The Feds" in one corner in black suits and shades, while the "The Leakers" are in the other side. The Leakers start off by running over to the Feds corner of the ring and steal one of their briefcases, then they open the suitcase and start throwing documents around. The Feds start looking angry and point fingers, then get the girlfriends of the Leakers beside them and start showing personal pictures.

Maybe it's a way of distracting the pubic and news reporters from the IRS investigation as to whether they were deliberately targeting opponents of the Democrats (and the IRS were, but nobody really wants to report that).

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

What's the endgame?

Well, do you remember the Wikileaks dump from Manning? It was HUGE and yes, there was some relevant stuff inside. Having said that, however, so much information dumped on everyone at once made it hard to sift through and tell the blank from the shineola.

Information overload is never a good thing, and by slowing releasing pieces, the public can be more outraged. If it was all dumped on the press at once, it would be a "one time kind of thing" and forgotten about much quicker.

At least that's one way to think about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

----

I personnally don't see this as much of a big deal,
probably becuase I'm from the Information Technology side
of things where I have an EXTREMELY DEEP UNDERSTANDING of
the POWER of modern computing systems that can data-mine,
do fuzzy-logic based digging, pattern matching, correlation,
charting, graphing and even advanced prediction and simulation.

With enough computer horsepower the WHOLE WORLD can be fully bugged,
voice-recognized, speech-to-text'ed, keyboarding-and-writing-style
analyzed, digitally fingerprinted and Digital DNA sampled,
face-and-gait recognized, graphics and network card
microcode malware bugged and otherwise watched over
like a hawk 24/7/365 all completely AUTOMATED with
nary a human in sight!

It's all about CPU processors, RAM memory and
Hard Disk/Flash Drive space. If you got enough
dough to spend, you can watch over ANYBODY
AND EVERYBODY WITHIN ANY AND EVERY COUNTRY!

You can't even be sure that the CPU's (Central Processing Unit)
on your smart phone is compromised! The ONLY WAY to do that
is a technique called "Chip Shaving" where I slice a chip
down layer by layer and IMAGE each layer to build up a final
chip mask which can THEN be profiled by microcircuit pathway
analyzers to ensure no secret fractal antennae and radio
transmitters are built into the chip itself and that no
secret DDNS Server (Dynamic Domain Name Service) will
redirect your voice calls and emails to a Man-in-the-Middle
server to be read on a moment's whim.

I can assure YOU ALL that ONLY the open source version
of the SuperSPARC/ULTRASparc CPU processor masks have
been fully vetted on our end for secret bugs and gateways.

EVERYTHING ELSE such AMD, Intel, TI, ARM, Snapdragon and
all those other chips MIGHT HAVE "BackDoors" put in
by their designers OR the circuit manufacturers (OR BOTH!)
for NEFARIOUS PURPOSES!

YOu're ALL SCREWED no matter what and on a REALISTIC BASIS
it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL WHAT YOU THINK OR DO because
on ALSO A REALISTIC BASIS, y'all is bringing a two inch knife
to a MACHINE GUN AND BAZOOKA FIGHT!

THEY WIN!!!!

YOU LOSE!!!!!!!

PERIOD !!!!!!

Me? I got smart and built myself the computing equivalent
of a 250 MEGATON NUKE....as I like saying ..... TRY ME!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Did you trace your own circuit boards and manufacture your own RAM?

As you said, all the hardware could be compromised...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Let's all hope it seriously backfires.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Mr. Greenwald's book deal must be needing a clincher.
Either that or he is looking for a way to 'commit suicide by cop.'

Does anyone really think Snowden would be stupid enough to risk getting thrown out of Russia? (Not that I think Snowden is overly bright, but suicidally stupid? Not so much.)

M.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7
reply to post by MystikMushroom

YOu're ALL SCREWED no matter what and on a REALISTIC BASIS
it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL WHAT YOU THINK OR DO because
on ALSO A REALISTIC BASIS, y'all is bringing a two inch knife
to a MACHINE GUN AND BAZOOKA FIGHT!

THEY WIN!!!!

YOU LOSE!!!!!!!

PERIOD !!!!!!

Me? I got smart and built myself the computing equivalent
of a 250 MEGATON NUKE....as I like saying ..... TRY ME!

All computers and devices that are connected to the Internet can also easily kill any network. All you need is a hijacked cluster and a simple DDoS tool.

Maybe the world should CC nsa.gov

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I think it's highly likely Mr. Greenwald will experience an unfortunate bit of bad luck and will either suffer a heart attack, car or plane crash, or some other early demise. Or, the CIA will threaten his loved ones and he will have a sudden revelation not to do anymore stories.

The current administration doesn't play nice - They're the mob on steroids. No one is allowed to keep on embarrassing them, Snowden just happened to be a black swan that caught them by surprise and slipped through the cracks.

Watch and see

No, Snowden has no "sensitive" information.

If you want to make the argument that Micheal Hastings croaked because of something Snowden gave him, consider this: there are other sources of information in the world besides Snowden.

In light of this, Hastings probably stumbled across something from an unrelated source that got him offed. If you want to believe that he was offed in the first place.

The end.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

What's the endgame?

It does seem a bit like WWF tag-team wrestling shout-outs for the camera. You'd have "The Feds" in one corner in black suits and shades, while the "The Leakers" are in the other side. The Leakers start off by running over to the Feds corner of the ring and steal one of their briefcases, then they open the suitcase and start throwing documents around. The Feds start looking angry and point fingers, then get the girlfriends of the Leakers beside them and start showing personal pictures.

Maybe it's a way of distracting the pubic and news reporters from the IRS investigation as to whether they were deliberately targeting opponents of the Democrats (and the IRS were, but nobody really wants to report that).

Shhhhh.

that is a secret.

Besides.

Nobody even gives a #!

Seriously, Americans couldn't care less. They are totally apathetic. The truth could dance naked on the table, they could rub their noses in truths sphincter muscle. They are totally zombified.

Let the puppeteers think they are actually doing something. They get all discouraged and put out when they find out their elaborate plans don't really matter. Its like putting lipstick on an elephant.

Poor guys work so hard to pull strings, let them think they're clever.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
Why on earth would you ever say this, "Greenwald told Reuters he does not believe the pro-transparency website WikiLeaks had obtained a package of documents from Snowden, and that only he and filmmaker Laura Poitras have complete archives of the leaked material."

What kind of moron tells the US that all you have to do is get to 2 people? Seems like a convenient way to wrap up loose ends if this is a hoax. Those two people are killed and we all know that it's over. I'm not saying that is what is happening but, for the love of Jeebus, why would you lay all your cards down like that?

Yeah....... who would do that, and why? My guess is nobody (I call BS)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join