It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member with a question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Greetings from the chair.

I am called Tomislav, I am 25 years of age and I reside in Croatia. I am a lover of science fiction and hence interested in discussing subjects pertaining to all things related thereto.

I do not hold a belief in alien visitations, abductions or the like but I am not to be expected to immediately dismiss such reports without reason. I also enjoy hearing preposterous stories of conspiracies and ancient aliens, since they constitute better fiction than can be found today on film or television.

It is perhaps out of order for me to begin my membership with an inquiry such as follows, but I am rather curious to find the correct explanation for a certain thing, very possibly mundane in origin but intriguing to me since I can not identify it for lack of information.

Namely, I have been noticing, for quite a while now, objects flying in the night sky which exhibit the following properties:

----------------------------------------------------------------

- They emit a static light of varying, but sustained intensity, at times with greater apparent brightness to the eye than, say, Venus.

- They travel in a straight line, like airplanes would, or satellites at apparently the same approximate velocity or slightly faster than an airplane.

- They emit no sound.

- On rare occasion, they flash. That is, their light increases in brightness for about two seconds, quickly but gradually, i.e. in the manner of a sinusoidal signal. At times they maintain the higher brightness.

- At times, they cease emitting light mid-flight, nowhere close to the horizon, which could be consistent with satellites, but again, I lack the necessary expertise.

- They are usually seen throughout the night, I tend to observe two to three instances between the hours of 22:00 and 23:00.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The first thought that crossed my mind is that these are satellites I am seeing, especially after I observed the flash, but are satellites so clearly visible throughout the night?

They could simply be airplanes as well, since some look exactly like an airplane with it's strobe lights off. But are planes allowed to travel without strobes? They shouldn't be. Also, I can not hear even the slightest sound following their passing.

So, is there perhaps anyone who could shed light on this? I am leaning towards satellites, but am not certain.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Sion1138 because: Clarity.

edit on 6-8-2013 by Sion1138 because: Addendum.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
keep watching, wait till you see them doing sharp right angle turns at incredible speeds, or moving past another one in close proximity, and THEN you might question it a little more

and welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Welcome to the mad house

I used to see satellites when I used to go night fishing. I dont think what you're seeing is satellites though because they are unmistakable. Satellites are very high up in the sky, way above the clouds, and generally look quite small. They move at a constant speed, and dont vary in brightness too much unless they are coming into or out of the sunlight.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My thanks for the quick replies, I wasn't expecting that. Also, I appreciate the welcome.

I forgot to mention, the light sometimes goes out mid-sky.

Perhaps I should note the exact time and relative location of the observations and compare to known satellite locations.

It is unfortunate that I do not own a camera or other system capable of resolving objects in the night sky and I certainly can not catch them with my telescope.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Sion1138 because: Addendum.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Read up on Iridium satellites. They are usually quite dim but emit a flash based on your location as they catch sunlight while they turn..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sion1138

What can anyone tell you? have you viewed them through a telescope, have you asked one of your friends to be with you as you seem to be seeing them on a regular basis, and to see what their opinion is on the matter. you say you don't believe in alien craft etc but also you dont dismiss it lightly, I can't put my finger on it, but you seem a little naive on the subject, there are so many pages of information on the web and of course here on ATS that need to be read to build up enough knowledge to help you draw your own conclusions... there are a lot of meteors which are common place when viewing the stars with a telescope, but you seem to have a precise time of sighting on a regular basis so perhaps not meteors..... Perhaps you have done the right thing and asked for help here, it's a good place to start for sure...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

I am unsure of the validity of my memory, but I do think I did observe a change of direction once. The object slowed down and moved along a curve.

At the time thought it may have been an aberration, that I had been observing one object which I consequently lost track of and then replaced it with another.

It's light disappeared shortly after making the apparent turn.

But that is too much speculation, I need to get actual data.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Sion1138 because: Correction.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sion1138

hi honey

..never forget,,,that Truth is only true, when its in the Right Context

so
find the right context
- that is the most difficult of all.

bless

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
they are ATS killer drones that the MODS send out to take out shills, and trolls that post on this site....no, I agree with the one poster that said it has to have incredible speed and sharp angled turns to be considered to be a true UFO, or, if it gets close enough to make out distinct structural lines that are not recognizable...all others may be some secret (or not so secret) type of human-built craft.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

I have asked around and others have observed the same, but no one is interested enough as to investigate. I would be very happy with any explanation, so that I can cease speculations when such things are observed by both myself and others.

It is the joy of casual investigation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Much appreciated, this seems to fit the bill for at least a good portion of the observations, except the times are critical. I will attempt to confirm via known location and flare event data for these satellites.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
they are ATS killer drones that the MODS send out to take out shills, and trolls that post on this site

If only

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
- there s really no need for you to try bulging your chest, sion.
trying to act like you are in company of the big guys.

i know the East
and know their [lack of] selfesteem

but you will not have to fight that here on ATS
...trust me.

kind regards

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

Whatever gave you that impression?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Try filming them. That said: PLEASE find a tripod. All these shaky youtube vids have been putting me off my lunch, as they are ridiculously shaky and jittery. And if you zoom, do it slow! PLEASE! *covers eyes*

Second... lights might be interesting... but seeing one at about 20 feet up, hovering, after it slid itself between a small barn and woods, and hangs over your head, over the street for about say 2+ minutes... I swear if you dont get video, I'll come smack you myself.
Just Kidding. I did that. You have no idea how much I still kick myself for NOT taking pics, video, SOMETHING.

I used to be a skeptic. That sort of thing kinda takes your skepticism and gives it a beating it doesn't recover from.

new topics

top topics

join