It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Some girls have been married 60 times by the time they turn 18′

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I clearly stated that I read it. It is crap. It is not a sourced article. I could write an article about Thorneblood and reference some obscure NGO as proof of what I was saying.

It is crap. It is propaganda. It is just what you are used to.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am sorry. I just thought about how I came at you. I realize that this is your OP, I want to respect that.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
No. No i wouldn't.

I get that it's a worldwide concept, i get that the Middle East isn't the only area of the world where things like this happen.

But unless i have missed something, which is possible entirely, i have yet to find a single reason to not completely write off the Middle East as a whole.

The people? On the whole i say it's just time to move. It's like when good families leave bad neighborhoods. It's a sign of the times and while i can respect culture and heritage to an extent, i just don't see any reason to linger in that area of the world.

The Oil? I was brought up to believe by this point in human history we would have flying cars. I am protesting all modes of oil based transportation until i get one. It's a personal stand we all have to make.

Maybe i am the only person that feels this way, but i had kind of elevated my opinion of the Middle East based solely on Egypt. Now their cultural treasures are being widely looted, their government is in a deepening state of chaos and i am pretty sure i will never get to see the pyramids.

So, besides Baseem Youssef, give me a reason to believe the Middle East is worth it.

Yes, this happens all over the world but the rest of the world also seems to have something to offer whether it be art or food or atmosphere.

Indonesia, for example, is absolutely beautiful. Check out pictures of Lake Toba or the volcano Mt. Rinjani.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Ummm isn't the Inter Press Service and the National Council for Childhood and Motherhood two sources?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

It is crap. It is propaganda. It is just what you are used to.

Then take a trip to ME and see for yourself.

Sheesh.............

Cause crap like this just DOESNT happen in those Countries..........

Norwegian woman: I was raped in Dubai, now I face prison sentence

This is what a woman can expect when there are laws that treat them like animals..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Johnny Saville Scandal in England

The Wealthy and elite in England ( including the Royals ), actually ran the orphanages they would get their victims from

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Is everything people say about the middle east propaganda too you? Why do you jump all over people when they post something you don't like they didn't make it up they provided an article then you say your sorry for jumping all over them you seem to to it in a lot of other post.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Rich people can go anywhere to "buy" boys and girls,they have been doing it since Adam and Eve.It just happened that the report mentions Egypt of all places for obvious propaganda purposes.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Justifying the Middle East behavior by saying it happens everywhere. That's rich. Murder happens everywhere too so let's just say that's ok as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I am not justifying rape,nor i do tolerate violence or crimes,but that is what some people do and they can do it mostly everywhere....Pointing a finger at one certain country and blaming them for the crimes done by some is an act out of either ignorance or intention.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are many US soldiers who have had a quick "marriage" while on R and R in the Middle East.

This is how prostitution works in this part of the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm sure these travesties occur in many parts of the world. The difference is, it's not LEGAL, condoned, or socially acceptable. When these crimes are uncovered in the US, folks go to JAIL.

True. Like it or lump it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Moslems have about as much respect for their females as civilised people have for such Neanderthal practices.

Surely, in time, these broken people must extinct themselves... surely.
edit on 10-8-2013 by InvasiveProbing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

No it is not. But I hope that I am intelligent enough to realize when someone is trying to evoke an emotional response. And it's not because they are muslim or whatever.

It would be the same as someone providing an article about an abortion clinic giving out 50$ coupons if you have your abortion on Sunday.

It is crap!!!! It is propaganda!!

Don't be a dupe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

And who are they?? Are they some bastions of independent journalism. Or are they some NGO front?? Don't be a dupe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

IPS

nter Press Service was set up in 1964 as a non-profit international cooperative of journalists. Its founders were the Italian journalist Roberto Savio and the Argentine political scientist Pablo Piacentini. Initially, the primary objective of IPS was to fill the information gap between Europe and Latin America after the political turbulence following the Cuban revolution of 1959 (Giffard in Salwen and Garrison, 1991).
Later, the network expanded to include all continents, and extended its editorial focus. In 1994, IPS changed its legal status to that of a "public-benefit organization for development cooperation".

National Council

The National Council for Childhood and Motherhood (NCCM) was established in 1988 through a Presidential Decree number 54 in 1988, and was amended by Presidential Decree number 273 in 1989. The Council is entrusted with policymaking, planning, coordinating, monitoring and the evaluation of activities in the areas of protection and development of children and mothers.

So one has been in operation since the last fifties/early sixties and the other is run by the Egyptian Government.
Is that enough or am i still a dupe for finding an article about young children being raped repeatedly in the Middle East to be depressing?
edit on 12-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Gee, what was going on in Cuba and South and Central America in the late fifty's and early sixty's.

Just cuz they have groovy sounding names does't mean they are not fronts.

Curious about their "independent" journalism.

What else have the written about?? I am sure there is an extensive body of work seeing as they have been around for a while.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have been all over the website for "The National Council for Childhood and Motherhood". It is an NGO that is partnered with, amongst others, the UN. It is a front group.

When you understand that this country has owned Egypt forever and has supported their military and intelligence services both monetarily and logistically. They are crucial to Israel and the great geo-strategy in the middle east.

They are a front group being cited in an article that is a bunch of propaganda!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I get it.

Women aren't brutalized and treated like property in the Middle East.
There are no children serving as sex slaves in Egypt and other parts of the world.
All the "propaganda" has blinded me to the truth.
Thank you Bail for showing me the light of reason.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join