It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that Aliens exist ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Official scientific verification, to see the creature alive on my TV set.....but above all else, a persuasive account of where it came from and how the frick it managed to traverse the trillions of miles to get to planet earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Seems to me there are quite a few overly complicated answers to what is, basically, a very simple question.
We do tend to sometimes overthink these thread topics abit

What proof will be enough?
For me, seeing a reliable news report or interview would be good. Meeting one would be first prize offcourse.
I've never seen the statue of liberty except for on tv, but i'm pretty sure it exist.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
Would you need to see the Alien in person, or would you accept seeing it on a TV show as proof. would that be enough for you to accept them as real entities.?? What would convince you absolutely of their existence??

Uh anything physical that can be scrutinized and tested like;

a tissue sample
blood
devices or objects made of materials not of this earth
bodies
ships, etc...

anyway, other than that, the only way i would know for sure is if they communicated with me telepathically, therefore giving me Cassandra's Syndrome and casting me out of society haha. But at least I would know.....I already believe in aliens, but that doesn't mean I know for sure. Kind of like Christians, except there's actually a chance that what I believe in exists.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

.... thanks for your response.. now if only I could get Cassandra to respond, I know for sure it would be truthful

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by Kody27

.... thanks for your response.. now if only I could get Cassandra to respond, I know for sure it would be truthful

Cassandra's Syndrome is when someone has information about the future, or just the truth about something in general, but because of the nature of the info, it drives them crazy and prevents them from being able to communicate it intelligently, so even though they might be saying the truth, the way in which they say it instantly discredits themselves. like Alex Jones or something haha.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I already conclusively believe .... I believe many things based on probability ... thats all the proof I need

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think there's a simpler answer. In every answer i have read, people took for granted that life originated on Earth (maybe i didn't read them all though) and ,thus, concluded that we would have to see other life forms coming from somewhere else. However, we don't know if life originated on Earth:
"Studies have suggested that several billion years ago Venus's atmosphere was much more like Earth's than it is now, and that there were probably substantial quantities of liquid water on the surface, but a runaway greenhouse effect was caused by the evaporation of that original water, which generated a critical level of greenhouse gases in its atmosphere."
I have also read that at the time, since the solar system was still forming itself, there were many collisions and, possibly, some comets/meteorites went from Venus to Earth or vice versa. This may mean that life actually originated on Venus. Maybe it originated on Mars and, via collisions, it went to Earth which was the only planet able to sustain it.
To end, in my opinion, to answer the thread question, we would need to know where life actually originated, because we may be the aliens...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zapper3

Glad you have read most of the answers, It was a serious question, that may help others as well as myself to identify what the majority of people will accept as proof to the existence of aliens...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I am in total agreement. Thought I have believed for many decades - and still believe we cannot be alone - I can see no rational explanation as to why any advanced race(s) would come to our miserable little planet, tucked off in some useless corner of the galaxy. And I shall doubt that aliens built ancient structures - again, why would they? As some type of game? Scavenger hunt??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hard to say actually.
Personally, I would accept a low level of proof...personally as in my personal contact. jumping on board and having a window seat as we jet around the solar system would be pretty convincing.

Otherwise....for "official" proof, a reputable source, some genetic testing, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a thought provoking question.... I think for me I would have to have complete trust in the person(s) presenting the evidence. If the trust were vacant for me, then I would have to see it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well you can look at it from the religious angle where proof is basically someone telling you it's all written down somewhere and you should believe it.

Or you can look at it from the non-religious angle and say there is no proof God exists but there is actually a better chance that we will find out if alien life exists one day.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The question is not nearly specific enough.

Proof that non-terrestrial life forms exist? 100% likely even in our solar system but probably micro-organisms in the deep under ice oceans of Europa.

Proof that non-terrestrial life that is sentient exists? 100% likely but very, very, very uncommon, on the order of 1 sentient, but planet bound civilization per every 3-4 Galaxies.

Proof that sentient, evolved, space-faring, non-terrestrials approximately our size and form (Bipedal) VISITING EARTH IN PERSON - RIGHT NOW. Virtually zero, for a variety of reasons.

HTH

edit on 7-8-2013 by Maverick7 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverick7

I understand what you are saying and thanks for your response.

My question is, What proof would you accept to convince you that Aliens exist, as in Aliens from space, I realise there are loads of other anomalies we can refer to as alien, such a bacteria, but I was referring to Aliens as in small grey guys, or tall whites or whatever, but those types....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You want proof...well I don't have it but I have something that will for sure make you think hmmmm....

edit on 7-8-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

great images and good info! but I didn't ask for proof, I asked what you would accept as conslusive proof that aliens exist,

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To HawkeyeNation:

Now, that´s what I call a well presented post!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think definitely seeing is believing, if you see it for yourself.

The CGI is so good now that even if it was a real alien taking over the TV, everyone would be like, "wow look at those amazing graphics." So yeah, basically you'd need to see it for real not on a screen.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Seriously? Ok, I'll bite. Here's what it'll take:

Any personally-acquired, irrefutable, empirical, repeatable, experience that can be shared with others at the moment or at a subsequent time upon demand. In a word: Science.

I may believe in ghosts - but never having seen one or experienced one myself, I can not say definitively that they exist.

I may believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Chupacabras, Santa Clause, and/or the Tooth Fairy - nevertheless, unless I can produce one of these items/personages upon demand to a news organization/university/family - it does not exist.

Please do not interpret this to mean that I (or anyone else here) is that dreaded "skeptic". Quite the contrary - we ARE believers, but like the infamous Fox Mulder, as much as we "Want to Believe", we have no choice, as rational, intelligent, beings but to accept ONLY scientific evidence, and nothing else, to confirm and validate our beliefs.

As an academic in a scientific field (Spatial Geomorphology), I am perhaps a bit more jaded and hesitant than others - but, by training, if I have nothing to examine, nothing to test, and experienced nothing at all myself, I have no empirical evidence, and therefore must bite my tongue until such time as I do.

Yes, the beautiful Kepler images are wonderful. But it is proof only of an infinite variety of stars and myriad galaxies in a glorious universe - not of alien life. There is no-one waving back at us in those images, there is no (definitive, repeatable) signal coming from those trillion-points-of-light. The images may just as well be showing us that we are all alone (unlikely, but NOT an IMPOSSIBILITY - GIVEN THE EVIDENCE!).

Yes, the intriguing UFO snapshots and videos that have for decades enthralled us are mesmerizing and truly fascinating. But it is not admissible as proof. Why? Because you cannot produce the item being photographed for closer examination. You may speculate, you can guess as to origins, you can be bewildered and amazed. But it is not sufficient evidence to establish unequivocally that the operators of those fuzzy images are alien in origin. (p.s. to self: WHY must these images ALWAYS be so grainy, fuzzy, ill-defined!?!)

Yes, our Big-Haired host of Ancient Aliens and his pals among many offshoots have some very interesting ideas. Van Daniken really got me thinking as a child -and many of you all as well I'm sure. But it is not proof. It is fun, it is entertaining, it is certainly thought-provoking - in fact - some of it may even be TRUE (which is the real pi$$er - ain't it?) - but, alas, it is not proof -not proof-ENOUGH for scientific purposes: which is why no scientist is really researching the subject (as well as no access to funding to do so).

So, *sigh*
, my DESIRE to believe is not, can not, and will not be equivalent to evidence.

I remain, for the time being, but hopefully not forever, a UFO/Alien agnostic...

edit on 8/7/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Excellent and definitive answer. Thank You

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join