It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that Aliens exist ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

any evidence not tampered with by government,no black out documents,no bull crap story by the government,a actual piece of evidence parts of the craft, a alien body in the hands of a person who is not ruled by the government,we already had it once but of course it was swept under the rug,It is going to take a event that is so huge the government cannot deny it and then the real story of UFO's and alien life will come out that will be our disclosure it will not be from the government

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The problem with the concept of "proof" is that even if an average person truly did meet with ET's "face to face" and "shook hands", other people would still be skeptical, unless other people could also meet with the ET's "face to face".

So "proof" really comes down to repeatability, if someone else met with ET's face to face, then it should be possible for others to meet with them face to face.

Hoaxes, misidentifications, etc really shouldn't bother researchers, just imagine someone saying "I will never again believe in physics because some serious well respected researcher's theory has been proven to be inaccurate"? Or, "I will cease to believe in medicine simply because some treatments are proven ineffective"? It will sound extreme. Simply because one or even many cases turn out to be a hoaxes or misidentifications doesn't imply that ALL cases are hoaxes or misidentifications.

In almost any field, including the most well-respected fields, you'll have charlatans, well meaning but misguided amateurs, respected researchers whose theories are wrong, yet it doesn't invalidate the field. The same is true of UFOlogy, there are very carefully researched UFO cases that do indicate strong evidence of current possible ET visitations and there are hoaxes, misidentifications, etc. What is most important is the ability to filter out potential hoaxes or misidentifications, and to focus on the strongest possible cases, with the strongest possible critical eye.

Another problem is that of belief. Ufology is often depicted as being an inherently different type of belief from science but, if you analyze most people's belief in science, you'll see that the belief in ufology and science really aren't that different.

Most people's belief in science, including many scientists, isn't based on direct experimental evidence, rather it is based on trust. Trust that the experiment was carried out correctly, that the data was taken and stored correctly, that the theory was interpreted and applied correctly, and that the experimenters were honest in all of these steps. Even if the data was verified by a completely independent group of researchers you still have to trust that they too were honest and competent. What the belief in science comes down to is that, in principle, you too can carry out an experiment, with your own equipment, and verify the results.

In some cases the equipment to test theories is far beyond the resources of one person or even one country, so for most people it really does come down to trust.

So believing in mainstream science or ufology isn't that different, short of us carrying out our own experiments, we have to trust that the researchers were honest and competent.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
Would you need to see the Alien in person, or would you accept seeing it on a TV show as proof. would that be enough for you to accept them as real entities.?? What would convince you absolutely of their existence??

Wrong question.

It should be "What evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that Aliens have visited Earth ??"

Which would then rely on the veracity of the proof provided. As it is, we have humans who cannot tell what sort of animals they are seeing in a large body of water or in a large wooded area. Is it a mythical creature, or one of those ugly buggers that most people burn with fire... a demon contemplating your savory soul, or a poor devil scavangeing for scraps. Is it a big wobbly fish, or poseidons pet?

Aliens exist. Without doubt, in my opinion, as it defies logic to assume we're the lucky ones in an infinity of bad luck.

Smart ones? maybe... smart enouhg to make tools.. maybe smart enough to move around their own planet in a reasonably efficient manner. Perhaps smart enough to get off their own planet and visit the local rocks in their system.

Smart enough to get off their planet, travel a distance unknown and somehow find another planet where the intelligence has not even yet gotten off their own planet properly? I doubt it.

I am still more inclined to believe there are existences within our own space, out of our reality, in which other beings inhabit. Among us, but not with us. As oblivious of us as we are of them.

When we learn to change the channel of reality and tune in, then maybe that proof will be sufficient. But no, I don't think seeing obama on the telly with E.T. and his glowing finger of love, will suffice the general populace who are too busy waiting for the next expisode of the real housewives...

edit on 6-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Meeting one face to face or at the very least be in a larger meeting with them without a 'hello' face to face.

Also a ride in their spaceship, flight of the navigator style.

edit on 6-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

What if they don't have faces? Faces are not reqauired for intelligent life. They're nice, and help with having a place to keep our eyes and nose and mouth etc, but they're not actually required.

Neither are arms or legs. Or .. anything we take for granted. Humanoid bipedal creatures are probably localised to this blob in space.

If you can't meet an alien face to face, what would constitute saying hello?!

oO

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

www.merriam-webster.com...
"Conclusive: putting an end to debate or question especially by reason of irrefutability"

-----------
(1) EXIST
-----------

I would require evidence acquired through direct observation. This is difficult because it would require surmounting the hurdle of space travel. Faster than light travel would be a must for it to be practical.

The other alternative is a signal through space picked up by SETI as illustrated by the movie "Contact". A signal with that structure and information would be fairly conclusive.

I suppose a third possibility would be phenomena such as "remote viewing". Of course, it would have to gain scientific consensus has a valid means of gathering information before it could be considered anything remotely approaching conclusive.

---------------------------
(2) EXIST and VISITING
---------------------------

I posted a response in another thread about the near impossibility of putting an end to debate on such a controversial topic. A major problem is the fear and confusion that has been built up over the years.

Here is my post:
post by compressedFusion

I think the only thing that might be considered irrefutable would be ships hovering over our heads. However, there would probably still be some people claiming that they are military ships and that it is a hoax. If aliens came to visit these same people for tea they would likely claim it is an elaborate government conspiracy.

It seems that people often believe what they want to believe despite the evidence or lack thereof. Although, it's not the belief that matters. In my opinion, what matters is how we interact and treat each other.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
An article from Brian Cox about his meeting with one.
Kaku would do, but Brian is much cooler.
edit on 8/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

!!!!

I love Brian Cox.. And I would agree with this completely.

He can make simple water falls a scientifically brilliant thing to hear about!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn
Brian Cox is on record as being an absolute disbeliever in aliens

Can you provide a source for this? A it seems to not fit with what I've heard.

In that to assume one way or the other is based on the same ignorance of the potential.

And I can't find anything apart from one youtube clip quote...

I'd be surprised to hear that he outright claims to disbelieve in the possibility of life beyond the earth.

"Yes. People are beginning to think that we will find evidence that there was life on Mars. There is strong evidence of subsurface water there and water appears to be essential for life. We ask why that is, and it’s because it’s got some properties which are absolutely fascinating. I came to the view with the advisors on the [Wonders of Life] series that if you have the right conditions – water, some organic compounds, a bit of rock and some pH gradients – then life will appear spontaneously. So you might look at Europa, too, with its oceans and its vents."

on wether he believes there is life beyond Earth.

Hmm.. Outright denies, to Yes. The way he describes life on earth certainly implies it is not unique. Just that to assume there is, without doubt, life elsewhere, is as ill considered as to say, without dobut, there is not life elsewhere, as we are in no position to make that determination.

however to add,

As for intelligent life outside our Solar System, Brian isn't quite so sure. "There is a big distinction between single-celled organisms and complex life," he says. "Complex life’s development on another planet looks really unlikely, although we have got a statistical sample of one. So we don’t know. But it took a long time for it to happen on Earth."

Glad he's just a fascinating physicist and brilliant at relaying his passion for the things he does.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I am not sure many people here on ATS will say that aliens do not exist I think the more appropriate question would be is do aliens visit earth? I do not think aliens visit earth I tend to believe what people call UFO and abduction has a different place in regards to from another planet versus other alternatives, personally I tend to believe the self proclaimed Ufology deal hurts itself more then it helps itself. I do not need proof in life outside of earth rather I would be more inclined to prove that what people call aliens on earth are actually something else.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

My only real argument for that is rather simple. Why wouldn't you go to Earth?

Consider this, if so many planets are so inhospitable and generally nasty then how many choices can they make?

Any species that could advance to the level of inter stellar travel would only be looking for a few key things.

All of which you can find, in abundance, on Earth.

Resources (Check)
Enemies (Check)
Friends (Check)
Life (Check)

All freely available for a limited time only on your favorite little blue dot.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

what makes you believe so many planets in the universe is inhospitable that this is the only one that has life?

what makes you believe this is the only universe?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I would have to say in order for me to be convinced 100% in a court of law that aliens exist simply let me into the maximum security clearance facilities at the US Army/Naval intelligence departments.

Would you rather?

Would you rather meet and alien face to face and never talk about it or get abducted, experimented on and returned to earth a week later?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Wrong question.

It should be "What evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that Aliens have visited Earth ??"

No my question is the right question for my post.. you are twisiting it to attach it to what you want to say in your first paragraph.... I am not saying your question is wrong, it may be worth another post... my question is not wrong it is right for what I want to know

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

what do you define as an alien?

I do not think what you think an alien is, is what I think what an alien is because I dont think what you meant as an alien is an alien at all

edit on 7-8-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I am not sure many people here on ATS will say that aliens do not exist I think the more appropriate question would be is do aliens visit earth?

My question is in my post, if you want to ask "do aliens visit earth" then thats perfectly fine for your next post, but it is not my question here..

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

your question was "what evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that aliens exist?"

I will ask you again how do you define alien?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on 7-8-2013 @ 10:18 AM this post

your question was "what evidence would you accept as conclusive proof that aliens exist?"

I will ask you again how do you define alien?

signature:
Saying I know everything means I admit to knowing nothing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want alien defined type it into google search, all those people who have taken their time to answer my question have all understood I was referring to an alien from space, as opposed to an alien infection etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I dont see the need for all that, I understand that you meant an alien from space.

I am saying that I do not see the need to hammer the fact more then likely they exist and in your op I got the impression that you were talking about aliens visiting earth. I think that what most people consider aliens from space visiting earth is actually something else it is only my humble opinion it really is. I do not know everything as a matter of fact I know very little

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

good, thanks, I just didn't want my post to go off the rail, and end up with people adding a little more and a little more and eventually it would be gone off the original question... I asked it because I am genuinely interested in the replies and have read each one, and thank you for your's appreciated

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Aliens exist , that's a fact . The question is are they visited us?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
taken on board their ship taken to another galaxy and meet with their leader would probably cover it for me

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join