It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Files Sealed Charges in Benghazi Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

U.S. Files Sealed Charges in Benghazi Attack

online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON—The Justice Department has filed sealed criminal charges against a number of suspects in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three others, according to people familiar with the matter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sealed you say? Interesting. What do we know? Well, Islamist militants attacked and killed four Americans that day. Why did they do it? Well that's a great question and there are many avenues we can go down. So whose being charged? I suppose the militants right, or as I like to call em, terrorists.

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- Federal authorities investigating the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi have filed charges against Ahmed Abu Khattalah, leader of a Libyan militia that officials believe was involved in the assault, people briefed on the investigation said. The charges under seal are the first criminal counts to emerge from the probe.

Back in September, Libyan leadership arrested 50 people associated with this attack but what came of that I dunno, www.reuters.com...

So of course the terrorists are being held accountable but what of our so called leadership in Washington DC? Will anyone be arrested, fired, suspended, demoted, anything? The answer is no. No one in gov't is ever held accountable for anything.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Geesh.

I would have thought the charges were against the White House

I wonder how much this is costing us ?

What are the chances of actually capturing anybody?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
word on the grapevine via various alternative news sources and radio stations, is that possibly there was a deal where cia was selling surface to air missles to syrian rebels and some al-queda......and the deal went sour, all hell broke loose.

Who knows if that's true or not, but obviously something BIG went down since the Gov is sealing all the records.

I personally think that's what happened. US Gov supplying the bad guys w/ weapons to justify more wars.

Wag the Dog in real life

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That's not too far off the mark IMO.

Considering we know that extremist groups like the Taliban have been awarded military contracts.

It's no surprise that the very weapons the CIA sold to those rebels are most likely the ones that were used to carry out the attacks.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What the hell kind of news is this meant to be anyway?

"the news is, there is news which is sealed and we cant tell you what it is"

...huh is this what we can expect from more news updates concerning the military.

whats next?

"War has broken out, we cant tell you were why or whats going on, but it is. Less on this tomorrow, thanks" the msm.

edit on 6-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sealed?

So much for that 'most transparent admin in US history' and only almost a year later.

I wanna know when charges are going to be filed against the most corrupt government in Us history.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read the title.

Transparency?

Flashback: Obama: Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.

Fooled You!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Amazing....and right before taping time for Obama's appearance on the Tonight Show tonight. Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The charges are for leaking classified information which is why the charges are sealed.

The information was reportedly leaked to CNN that the US government was securing STA missiles originally sold to Libian anti-Ghaddaffi rebels, (read: Al Qaeda or CIA, bird of a feather and all that) to be shipped via Turkey to Syria to assist the anti-Assad rebels (read: Al Qaeda or CIA, birds of a feather and all that).

Obviously the US is erked by this despicable leak and will stop at nothing to see this man punished for aiding and abetting the enemy.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm still laughing....

After all the hoopla and maneuvering, you would think that the Administration would at least put a little rum in the punch.

They've got drones and the best technology in the world all over the place and yet the best they can do with this is file 'charges' with a DOJ action

I guess Obama is really serious about that 'stand your ground' revision.

Ho Hum. Very exciting.

Rome always did better.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Meet the new Patsy,, same as the old Patsy

It all gets very confusing so I.m stickin with the Patsy from the original narrative

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
More secret actions by secret orders in secret investigations over one of the most PUBLIC humiliations the U.S. has suffered since 1979.

I don't think this was how Obama wanted to be associated with Jimmy Carter, but he's doing nothing to improve matters by things like this, IMO. This doesn't build public confidence. It undermines it further.

The FBI dared stay in Benghazi for a mere number of hours to "investigate". How much evidence was there to fuss over? Hell, *I'VE* had color photos of some of them by their OWN released material online since a day or two after it happened. It took a year to to something? Really?? It took a year for public pressure to get strong enough, is all....and not strong ENOUGH if it's all still "secret", as I'd see it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

CIA chief asks Benghazi survivors to testify on attack

www.foxnews.com...

WASHINGTON – CIA Director John Brennan is making public his letter to CIA employees who survived the attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, that requests they share their firsthand accounts with the congressional intelligence committees.

In the letter dated May 30, 2013, released to The Associated Press by the CIA, Brennan tells his employees that lawmakers asked to hear from them directly. But he adds that speaking to Congress is "completely voluntary" and can be done either through the CIA or confidentially, without informing CIA management.

The disclosure follows media reports that the CIA has been preventing employees from talking to lawmakers about the incident.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

why sealed charges i know who three of the bad guys are obama ,biden , and h. clinton

top topics

join