It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Brotherman
I would love to hear what a Temp Agency HR persons inside unbiased opinion about what they do and how they feel about getting paid off of someone elses labor if there is one reading this thread please chime in, I promise I wont go honey badger on ya
Originally posted by onequestion
Also we are being culturally destroyed by rap music
Originally posted by GargIndia
The following things are necessary for an economic system to work properly:
1. Retirement age - Every person should retire (even politicians) at the age of 60. This is needed to give opportunity to young people and youthful energy to a putrefied social system. Even family owned businesses have the system of children taking over when they are ready.
2. Laws and Taxation - must be simplified greatly, specially the taxation code. Indirect taxes like excise and sales tax should be abolished. The taxes on inheritance of property should be removed. The high taxation is killing the industry. The industry can generate money and support itself only if Government can stop sucking its blood.
3. Small industries and small businesses should be encouraged. The focus of the government should be on self-employment rather than people getting into "safe" government sector jobs.
4. Insurance fraud - the insurance business is nothing but a big fraud. Specially medical insurance. It should be abolished immediately. Medical insurance has driven up medical costs immensely, as it is a hotbed of fraud and corruption. The government can provide subsidized medical care to people that can help poorer sections of the society.
5. The pension funds should be privately owned and voluntary. The government must stop "social security tax" immediately. The government misuses whatever money it lays hands on. It is necessary that the government does not have excessive funds.
6. The government should encourage production of consumer goods within the country as this sector is a massive employment generator.
Originally posted by sulaw
I wanted to bring this to this particular forum. Most have read my initial response to this thread on page 1. Today, a day that I will never forget has brought something entirely different. A hinkiling of HOPE~
My father in-law and well that whole side of family are all Union 399 Stationary Engineers Downtown Chicago. They've all been trying to get me into the classes (Networking and smooooozing) I didn't make the cut the first time around. I was invited to a seminar, took the class and waited. Mind you I have a very lucrative resume' to say the least. Been a lot of places and worked a lot of jobs, all successfully prior to this I HAVE NO COLLEGE EXPERIANCE some minor classes but I hate schooling, it's for the birds~. All the while I was waiting, I've been pulling in the side work (Flooring, all aplications) and working a job that provides insurance and a decent wage, I'm grateful because it's more than most are making in this economy.
Today I logged in and found that I have been placed in my first class: Electricity for Engineers I ~ I've never been happier. I DON"T HAVE THE MONEY for this class! I WILL MAKE THE MONEY! I WILL SUCCEED! I WILL NOT FAIL! I will become a Engineer and be placed into a building downtown and solidify a income to support my family and I WILL SEND MY DAUGHTER TO COLLEGE! I will give her a better tomorrow if it costs me today.
FIAT Currency, Temp Agencies, everything in this forum that has been discussed. There is always a way! Network, build, strive for that better ending on a daily basis! In the end if you don't, you just might regret not taking that leap off the edge. Better to fail and say you tried than to turn tail and walk away never trying at all.
We need more CAN DO ATTITUDES!!! Regardless of education, regardless of place in the world. Someone asks you if you can do something??? OF COARSE YOU CAN! APPLY YOURSELF! In areas you are weak, learn skills that will benefit you! BE THE FRIGGIN BALL! As bad as the economy is, there are Careers. You can succeed. DON'T GIVE IN! DO NOT LET TPTB WIN! Fight the good fight! I Believed in myself when nobody else would, I worked the network and MADE it HAPPEN!
I'm no rocket scientist, hell I'm not even that smart (Common Sense goes a long way though, heheh~) but if I can apply myself on a daily basis while the world tries to bring me down, SO CAN EVERYONE ELSE!~ That's the god damn truth~
Originally posted by Specimen
I can hear what your saying, even though I don't live in the states.
Sad thing is, most of the jobs that are out there are S*** in general, due do it being cheap labor. Since they will get someone that can work harder for less, which is why all the state and Canadian manufacture plants are moving to Mexico, and why china has been accelerating economically. I used to work for temp agencies after I had finished high school, and did this for two years with out ever having a permanent position due to it being the recession at the time.
I look at my parent generations, or any generation that was before mid 1980's. And they all tell to me to work hard, blah, blah, education, etc. I think to myself...
Dam, your generation had it so easy.
Gas was like 10 cents, job were always available, plus you didn't have to have an education, and if your lucky enough, you didn't need any to land a high position, just the right person. Some people I know have university degrees, and are still looking for a job.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)