It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God being a woman? possiblity or not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeramzeram
OK... to Buddha, the universe and God were essentially the same thing... therefore Buddha was essentially a part of God, and so are we for that manner (although we are not God manifest, like Buddha, Jesus, Krishna, etc...). In that context, God could clearly be considered to be any gender at a given moment, all genders, or genderless (i.e. a rock).

I believe that in this way the founders of the Christian church (which essentially means the Catholic church) could claim that God was male without being frankly disingenuous. It was clearly their goal to create a male dominated hierarchy, and although they wiped out most gnostic ideas in the first couple of centuries, it is undeniable that virtually all of the "lost" gospels that have ever been found espouse a very different church than the one we have today - one in which the role of the female is not denegrated or lessened in any way (or at least in which gender is not considered).

To anyone who doesn't know... the reason that we think of God as a male with white hair and a beard is that in order to appeal to the Romans in power at that time, the early church made an effort to make the transition easy - so Yahweh took the image of Zeus as his own. (somewhat in the manner that early Christian coinage does not agree on what Jesus looked like).

I guess what I'm getting at is, it all comes down to human nature. What we believe is what we believe, and hopefully, that helps us make our way through our lives as successfully as possible, and with as little existential doubt as possible - but it is all only belief, at least until we die, ascend, transcend, or whatever proves to happen when you close your eyes for the last time!
Sounds like Pantheism to me doc. if everything is God, then I don't think that he could have created anything. To create is to bring something into existance, and he already existed so he just divided instead of creating huh.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hailthekingoflights
First we must understand what makes a person a man or woman. Then we must realize that God is a spirit, and not Carnal. Immaterial and not material, intangable and not tangable. God the Son came in the form of a man, but was ressurected with a new eternal, incurruptible spirit body. Matt. 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." Now God created marriage for reproduction, so in heaven the Church will not marry or procreate. So we're left with the assumption that we won't have any sexual organs since we will be perfect and not have to make children.

Yup, that's true. As in sexual oragans, there will be no sexual organs in heaven tht's true. But what about gender as in personality? I think you can be female or male without sexual organs but have the gender according to feminine ways verses masculine ways, a gentle nature verses a strong dominent nature. That's how God can be both loving, gentle, and kind, yet very strong and vengeful and powerful when it comes to judgement and tough dealings etc.

When I get to heaven, I will have no sexual organs, but I think I will still be feminine like I am here and males who go to heaven will have no sexual organs but will still have a masculine personality.

There will be no marriage or sexual organs but I think there will still be females and males as far as personality and ways. I think there are male & female angels, but they don't have sexual organs.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The soul has no gender. We are made in God's image. In the image of his soul.

What is the soul? The soul is our personality and emotions, how we act, think and feel. People can have a masculine or feminine personality apart from the physical sexual organs. Without the sexual organs there is still the maculine personality verses the feminie personality. Our souls though we have no physical body will still have a feminine or masculine personality. When I go to heaven, I will still have my feminine personality even though I have no body.
I will still be female, like I am here and will still think of myself as female.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
How can he be something he created?

In the same way your parents can be something they created.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I passed along the water's edge below the humid trees,
My spirit rocked in evening light, the rushes round my knees,
My spirit rocked in sleep and sighs; and saw the moor-fowl pace
All dripping on a grassy slope, and saw them cease to chase
Each other round in circles, and heard the eldest speak:

Who holds the world between His bill and made us strong or weak
Is an undying moorfowl, and He lives beyond the sky.
The rains are from His dripping wing, the moonbeams from His eye.

I passed a little further on and heard a lotus talk:
Who made the world and ruleth it, He hangeth on a stalk,
For I am in His image made, and all this tinkling tide
Is but a sliding drop of rain between His petals wide.

A little way within the gloom a roebuck raised his eyes
Brimful of starlight, and he said: The Stamper of the Skies,
He is a gentle roebuck; for how else, I pray, could He
Conceive a thing so sad and soft, a gentle thing like me?

I passed a little further on and heard a peacock say:
Who made the grass and made the worms and made my feathers gay,
He is a monstrous peacock, and He waveth all the night
His languid tail above us, lit with myriad spots of light.

- William Butler Yeats

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nice post post Masonic. Like the use of a different approach of writting style!

Well everyone has a view of what God is or isnt, the main thing is that God is a great topic to speak about. I wonder what is the real truth is!, anyway please keep on posting your views. They are very intresting indeed.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, this is getting close to what appears to be the overthrow of Matriarchal societies for patriachal societies, starting 5000 years ago. The Bible is somewhat of a Political tool to justify that change through religion and cuture.

Until Roughly 5000 years ago, God was Female. Dieties were female, Diana was a goddess, Nature was female and male; Woman and the Moon were bound together. Man and the Sun were bound together. The last great Matriarchal culture seems to have been Sumer. Femininity is all over the books, codes, even economic teachings. ( taking out a loan is as easy as have sex. Paying the loan back is as difficult as giving birth.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have not read all the responses and not do I intend to at the moment....but I will say that I do not think God is male or female. I think God is an energy force, or was.....

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think the posts are sweet.

Heres to more.

I will come back with more info.

So stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
have you been smoking weed latley?

In the Bible, Chirst refers to God as hid FATHER, NOT mommy

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A.

No is the answer.

So the bible tells me god is a man.

Jesus was a man. God, is not a male or man.

Nethier is he female.

God is.

But if you are for real, we need hook up.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The bible clearly defines him as male. However, newage believers claim God had no sex, our creator is rather he nor she. In my mind I am more conforted knowing he is a male............don't know why, just do.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well.

I speak for truth.

And yes the bible says this, but the bible is mixed up.

God is. Male, female who knows.

Research is a good thing!

The anwser, keep posted.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
you cannot trivialize God by assigning a gender - please!

don't give me that "the bible says" BS - the bible was written in the context of a male dominated patriarchal society that just didn't know any better.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Im not sure if God has the appearance of either but Id put all my eggs in the basket saying that he is a man. In the Bible, dominion is given only to man.

EDIT: NOT because only men had rights at that time but because its the Word of God and the Message cannot be tainted no matter how hard you try!

[edit on 20-3-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The creator is balance as is nature their creation. that is where our
world is screwed up. no balance.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
From what I understand, there is no objective "God". Situations may pass for some type of humanistic personalization, for example paradox and states of being such as emptiness or oblivion. So God is to us whatever we want God to be.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why would God have to have a gender and primitive appendages or organs for procreative purposes?

Sometimes Bible readers take the "in His own image" line too seriously, along with a lot of other one-liners from the biggest selling book of all time.

* I had not read far enough, and I tend to agree with some of the comments of the tweety bird... then I wonder why God would need a personality. Probably if God had a personality, by now God would be seeing a therapist. *

[edit on 15-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Your talking about the creator of all,

in an earthly frame, God is a male. Jesus is His son.

When heaven and earth is gone.. then we will see if that changes.

For the earthly view... forget about sex. Look at the other aspects of male and female.
Jesus called him Father enough times.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
In ancient times people used to worship the godess because she was the bringer of life.

Later is turned into a male god, and the church was born.

The goddess was always there.
She was Semerimis, Astarte, Ishtar, Isis, Oester, Aphrodite, Shing moo, Venus, Madonna, and now the mary visions are making the last incarnation.

The sungod was followed at the same time.
Nimrod, Baal, Marduke, Molech, Osiris, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin...there are many other names

They were husband and wife. They originated in Babylon. In Revelation you find the goddess is called Mystery Babylon. This means she is still alive today. Look around and tell me where you see her.
Below are a few of the practices that have existed since Babylon

Easter is the goddess' holy day. Eggs, rabbits, are symbols of her
Baal is her husband. They are almost always followed as a pair.
His symbol is the sun. Halo's, sunbursts, and the obelisk .

Her shrines that were set up all over the place. The common theme in her worship service was sex and orgies.

In the winter, the unwanted babies were sacrificed to the firey alter of baal.

Its still here today.
Today the shrines are dance clubs. Sex is in everything and is considered just a thing', by society. Unwanted children are killed today just like they were back then...and
They are incinerated at the alter of baal...aka clinic...just like back then.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by jake1997]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join