It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NOT the Aircraft Carrier you are looking for...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

For the US yes that's probably correct that they would have shifted some of the money into black projects but not for Japan.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Yeah.

Too bad the Japanese have inferior robotics and industrial capabilities.

If they hand't been spending all that money on their huge army they could have actually developed some good technology.

*EDIT* And actually keeping a secret with a military industrial complex as massive and bloated as theirs is must be impossible. Too bad they aren't more Xenophobic.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: lulz

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire

Yeah.

Too bad the Japanese have inferior robotics and industrial capabilities.

If they hand't been spending all that money on their huge army they could have actually developed some good technology.

Japan has technical ability.

Japan lacks fiscal capital and natural resources.

Maybe they should have invested in a way to build military materials with the resources they aren't currently buying from their primary enemy?

As it stands, right now, if there is a major military conflict, Japan will be dependent on allies within the first 30 days. Not a bad position, if you can maintain complete control on logistical lines...something that will be very difficult if the war originates in Asia.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Yes, a robot army costs a lot in terms of training and upkeep. No way you could just build a robot army piecemeal.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yes, act like you don't know how to make an airplane when you have civilians making mecha suits with Gatling guns.

Oldest trick in the book.

I figured it out! The Japanese are going to put Mech suits with jets strapped to them on their carriers! The chinese are SCREWED!

edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: AIIIEEEEE!
You know, that's actually not a bad idea...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yeah I guess they haven't worked out how to keep an aircraft secret lol tell me what are the names of the aircraft the US currently has as black projects?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't think they have names.

And I haven't bothered trying to find out.

If I knew, I certainly wouldn't tell you.

But send $5mil to the crown prince troll of Nigeria and he will give you a 5 point plan outlining how to find that out.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber

Yeah I guess they haven't worked out how to keep an aircraft secret lol tell me what are the names of the aircraft the US currently has as black projects?

You need to ask John Lear........ but you can't here.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Or ask scientists who get really bored, talk to each other all the time, and spend most of their time looking at the sky late at night.

*edit* with really good multi-million dollar imaging technology for wide spectrum analysis.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

Yes, a robot army costs a lot in terms of training and upkeep. No way you could just build a robot army piecemeal.

No way you can build a robot army when every single piece of that robot is costing you more ever day.

No way you can build that robot army when 80% of the raw materials required to build it come from your enemy.

No way to build that robot army while your people starve.

No way to build that robot army while you struggle to keep lights on.

Japan is 99.9% dependent for oil.
96.4% on natural gas.
100% depended on copper.
98.8% dependent for zinc.
100% dependent on aluminium.
98% dependent on iron.

Hell, they are currently reliant on imports to keep their people fed.

Japan's days as global military power ended in 1945.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Of course.

Hats off to you, you obviously know much more than me.

Now I feel guilty for being sarcastic.

Oh well, like I said, this is not my area of expertise.

*EDIT* yes, the cost of storage would be staggering. Much better to just have humans that you need to feed and clothe, and keep alive instead.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: ROFL

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The F-35 is the most survivable platform available. If they want to keep a viable military force longer than a couple of missions it would have to be F-35s.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The F-35 is the most survivable platform available. If they want to keep a viable military force longer than a couple of missions it would have to be F-35s.

Yes, extremely expensive quality military hardware makes much more sense than a cheaply made force designed to overwhelm a country using rapid dominance and swarming.

*edit* such capabilities might actually make China and Russia feel threatened after all. We wouldn't want that happening.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: now would we?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

See so you don't know, I'm not saying it's impossible to find out about a black project but it generally doesn't become public knowledge to most people before its declassified.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Certainly seems like a nice vacation:

Anyone want a free vacation? All you gotta do is spell out a black op.
edit on 8-8-2013 by teachtaire because: link

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It seems that in theory, they could use F-35A`s on that ship.

The ship, which has a flight deck that is nearly 250 meters (820 feet) long...

hosted.ap.org...

Lockheed Martin F35 Lightning II
Minimum Take Off Distance -
167.64 metres 550.00 feet
Minimum Landing Distance -
213.36 metres 700.00 feet

www.aircraftcompare.com...

At 820 feet, the flight deck seems to be plenty long enough for take offs which require a 550 foot minimum.
With a 700 foot minimum landing distance, landings might be a bit hair raising on a 820 foot deck, unless they add some modifications to assist in landings.

In fact it seems like it would be a lot more work to modify it to use F-35B`s

Adm. Jonathan Greenert, chief of naval operations, acknowledged Wasp-class ship modifications have been designed for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) vertical lift-and-takeoff variants.

Navy officials say the modifications “are intended to offset the increased stresses associated with JSF exhaust. The exhaust patterns and flight characteristics of the F-35 required the shielding, relocation and removal of vulnerable systems that could sustain damage during flight operations, such as antennas, life rafts, life rails, safety nets and JP-5 fuel stations.”

Additionally, the Navy says, “The unique heat signature of the F-35 has required reinforcement of the flight deck to alleviate stresses from the heat of the jet, as well as modifying the flight deck coating to reduce erosion caused by jet exhaust associated with increased thrust. Specific system modifications that are unique to F-35 will also require the installation of new voltage regulators and rectifiers. Expanded mission capabilities of the F-35 have also required enhanced munitions throughput and systems capabilities to facilitate increased ordnance delivery and aircraft associated support equipment.”

Some of the detailed modifications include relocating or shielding features such as the Phalanx close-in-weapon system and Rolling Airframe Missile and NATO Sea Sparrow missile launchers, and protecting fueling stations.

The WSC-8 satcoms antenna will also be moved, and the aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF) system is being expanded.

The changes confirm that Lockheed Martin and the Marine Corps issued erroneous statements in early 2010 regarding the environmental effects of the F-35B’s exhaust. At that time, a company spokesman said that “extensive tests” had shown that “the difference between F-35B main-engine exhaust temperature and that of the AV-8B is very small, and is not anticipated to require any significant CONOPS changes for F-35B.”

www.aviationweek.com.../article-xml/asd_05_29_2013_p01-02-582896.xml&p=1
edit on 8-8-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

rats.

Killjoy ):

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Your talking about minimums though, that would be aircraft be without any weapons and very little fuel, good luck invading a country like that.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The people who outted the beast of Kandahar aren't in jail?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I said that spy craft is dead.

I mean, the guy who lights a submarine on fire gets 17 years as Manning and Snowden become celebrities?

This sends a message to people: Join the military, light a submarine on fire for the Russians, and get paid handsomely when you get out of jail.

Too bad the officers are in on it. Hell, even the investigators must be in on it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join