It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird spiritual theme dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I was sleeping peacefully when I begin to dream where I was having a spiritual transformation. What I can remember is fuzzy. I was talking to my mother and some random guy who looked like he worked with Christian youth. Somehow he encouraged me to have faith and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I told my mother I would go to the church. I enter into a comfortable room with beds and I'm holding a briefcase. Within it I can see food like apples and oranges; papers and books like the bible; and some clothes. Suddenly Christian music begin to play as I headed into the congregation room. I keeled down and gave my life to Jesus.

After this I awoke as I can only remember so much from this dream. What I do remember is feeling empowered as I became a Christian within the dream. But in real life I'm an atheist. So I don't know what do make of this dream.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

The apples and oranges in the briefcase aspect of your dream interests me for some reason. They are like opposites in the fruit genre, and you as an Atheist dreaming of giving yourself to Christ is also opposite in the faith genre. Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you it's time to re-explore your spiritual belief system? Not saying you would have to attend church or anything, but maybe just do a little research or even just give it a line of questioning though.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

What do you mean by the fruit genre? I have never heard of that. I have been to church as an atheist before. But to me it's boring because every service seems to be more about singing than really exploring the bible and what not.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Have you ever heard someone that is comparing two objects and say that it's "like comparing apples to oranges"? It means that there is really no way to compare them at all because they aren't in the same category. It would be like comparing a bird to a fish.

Exploring one's spiritual beliefs doesn't have to involve going to church at all, it could mean searching the web for reading materials, meditation and deep thought, anything really. I think it is good for all of us to re-evaluate our spiritual beliefs and question ourselves about what we believe and why every so often. As we learn and grow our perceptions and reasoning changes, we must re-evaluate sometimes even if no change is made because of it in order to truly know ourselves.

edit on 8/6/13 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by littled16

What do you mean by the fruit genre? I have never heard of that. I have been to church as an atheist before. But to me it's boring because every service seems to be more about singing than really exploring the bible and what not.

Trying going to a bible study at a local church rather than a Sunday worship service.

You might find more info in the study than a standard Sunday service.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You might be in a phase in your life which needs some attention. something as important as your faith, a milestone might be near reached and you need to truly think about it in order to make best choice for yourself according to your faith, this is how I see it.

Just my two cents,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I was sleeping peacefully when I begin to dream where I was having a spiritual transformation. What I can remember is fuzzy. I was talking to my mother and some random guy who looked like he worked with Christian youth. Somehow he encouraged me to have faith and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I told my mother I would go to the church. I enter into a comfortable room with beds and I'm holding a briefcase. Within it I can see food like apples and oranges; papers and books like the bible; and some clothes. Suddenly Christian music begin to play as I headed into the congregation room. I keeled down and gave my life to Jesus.

After this I awoke as I can only remember so much from this dream. What I do remember is feeling empowered as I became a Christian within the dream. But in real life I'm an atheist. So I don't know what do make of this dream.

you re very blessed

obviously, the "different fruits and papers" imply that you will have still a lot to Explore
in relation to [biblical] belief

i do realize, that Gods concept on everything isnt ' political correct' these days
but it is an amazing Concept
most honourful
and most True

....i think, friend, the dream tells you that He needs you
best wish

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks for replying everyone. I just thought it was a thought provoking and powerful dream. Maybe it's something that is in my subconscious that in my dreams I remembered. Whatever the case I'll look more into it!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Labels are attached to us and we identify ourself as being it, either theist or atheist.
One believes god exists, the other believes god does not exists, both have chosen a side in this question, a third will say, "i don't know" and chooses neither sides.
For him it does not matter if god does or does not exists, what matters is his attention to what is.

It points to a journey, i wonder how the clothes were.. were they old or new? nice or not? to big or to small?
The fruit is spiritual food, maybe opposed to old ideas one carries with him.
The books can mean a valuable lesson learned, an understanding gained.

top topics

join