It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio & video recording protection for the public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello. My name is Randy and as you can tell, this is my first thread. I've been a long time reader of ATS and only recently decided to make an account. What deterred me was the post limit for use of key features, keeps trolls and people who don't want to put work into a forum to use one. I today decided to post because I have an inquiry on apps that send audio & video to a storage system after the file is complete recording. Something similar to the cloud for us watchers. It's no secret that people as a whole can be corrupt and we all know how public officials now days abuse the law, counterfeit laws or just plain don't follow the law. I feel it's good to know how to protect yourself in situations where you may encounter a liar who is willing to put you in trouble, because he can. So what app's do you know of that send files off soon after recording to be stored?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antipathy17
Hello. My name is Randy and as you can tell, this is my first thread. I've been a long time reader of ATS and only recently decided to make an account. What deterred me was the post limit for use of key features, keeps trolls and people who don't want to put work into a forum to use one. I today decided to post because I have an inquiry on apps that send audio & video to a storage system after the file is complete recording. Something similar to the cloud for us watchers. It's no secret that people as a whole can be corrupt and we all know how public officials now days abuse the law, counterfeit laws or just plain don't follow the law. I feel it's good to know how to protect yourself in situations where you may encounter a liar who is willing to put you in trouble, because he can. So what app's do you know of that send files off soon after recording to be stored?

Hi Randy,
Are you meaning something in the way of live-streaming instantaneously, like some home security surveillance systems do?
edit on (8/6/1313 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More simple, just something that will send a recording immediately after it has been stopped. So if someone decided to delete it off your phone, it's on a server.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antipathy17
More simple, just something that will send a recording immediately after it has been stopped. So if someone decided to delete it off your phone, it's on a server.

Well shucks,

I doubt the nsa will give you access to it...
Maybe carry a second mini-sd card somewhere on your person?

Now you have my curiosity...have a buddy with a walkie-talkie nearby as you make the recording; two copies simultaneously!

edit on (8/6/1313 by loveguy because: insert linky

edit on (8/6/1313 by loveguy because: too slow to comprehend, on my end. Drat!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A Registered Copyright. Anything you can send off into cyberspace clouds...can be hacked. If it goes...it can be "got".

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Well, welcome to ATS!

I have heard of some phone apps that can do this - send the data as it's recorded to a set location or server someplace, but I don't know which ones. I would guess that's the sort of thing you mean, as opposed to a memory card, that could be confiscated. These days, that would be a good thing for a person to have! In some cases of people abusing their authority, they actually try to confiscate the device, so a memory card would be no good at all. I wish they would make digital cameras that record both pics and video (and some do that already, including a relatively cheap Kodak I own), that could be linked to a home computer, or a server someplace, to store a recording if a certain button was pushed, instead of just to the memory card or internally.

I plan to check this thread again, to see if anyone knows of such methods that don't require a smart phone, because I really do NOT want one of those! S&F for the thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Qik was basically designed for this. It was released during the occupy movements protests.

top topics

join