It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA :The Sun's Magnetic Field is About to Flip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yes, it looks like this cycle will reach its maximum very soon. It is still possible for sun spot peaks to occur in the second half, but the verdict is out. Weakest solar max of the space age, with strong indications for an even weaker cycle 25.

Though the sun is currently in the peak year of its 11-year solar weather cycle, our closest star has been rather quiet over all, scientists say. This year's solar maximum is shaping up to be the weakest in 100 years and the next one could be even more quiescent

The polar fields have been slowly reversing at this maximum, Hathaway said, suggesting that they are not going get much stronger during Cycle 24. This also sets the stage for an even smaller maximum during Cycle 25, scientists believe.

- See more at: www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don't know but it will effect us all. Just look at how weird the social vibe has been since it flipped in 01 and compare that the the previous 11-12 years.

Maybe this means I will revisit a rebellious party-phase in my life again like I did in the 90s... WOOOOO HOOOO. PARTAY!

Oh wait, I gotta first find some decent new people to party with because the people I used to party with got negatively polarized in the last half of the last change and I went in the opposite direction... so we're not there yet, are we?

HURRY UP AND FLIP DAMMIT!

Im ready for something completely different.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
here is another interesting page I found on this and the coming ice age.

iceagenow.info...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

iceagenow.info...

oh no, not the ice age. I forgot about the ice age- the ultimate party pooper.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

so what will happen to the earth?? is this normal? any idea?

Yes it's normal. It happens every eleven years. approximately.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They're saying within 3 to 4 months the solar poles will flip...that's November/December 2013, EXACTLY when Comet ISON will be nearest the Sun and visible to us!!!

The HOPI were right!!!!

edit on 6-8-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

The HOPI were right!!!!

About what?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Awe Phage, I was just trying to be overly dramatic.

It is interesting that Comet ISON will be near the Sun at that time...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
They're saying within 3 to 4 months the solar poles will flip...that's November/December 2013, EXACTLY when Comet ISON will be nearest the Sun and visible to us!!!

The HOPI were right!!!!

waittt wait whats wrong with comet ison? i am late for this information..

if this comet hit by X clas cme will it change comet ison rute??

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

Originally posted by Phantasm

The HOPI were right!!!!

waittt wait whats wrong with comet ison? i am late for this information..

There is a possibility that the comet could dive into the sun... period, so they have been trying to project it's post sun interaction path, but they admit the post sun trajectory could be close enough to be very apparent in the sky from Earth. Nothing was certain about the comets trajectory from the start due to it coming very close to the sun and swinging around it, so could the sun change the dynamics? I don't see why not but if there are any experts on Ison, I'm certainly not one of them.

My interest in Ison is that if it is indeed as apparent as they think it could be (more apparent than the moon)... then I don't see how this would not come with an additional effect package... although I might not be a good one to guess at that since I don't even know it's size. I think it is pretty large and I think a large comet could very well be toting a lot of debris. Even asteroids tend to flock together in trajectory circumstance. I don't fully understand it, I just know it's true. There could be different reasons for that.

Straggling comet tail asteroids? A comet that gets here a little sooner than expected or on a different course? Why not?

Comet Ison is pretty interesting, to say the least... when they admit that we won't be looking for it with telescopes like Hailey's in the 80s, but we might find it very hard to ignore.

We haven't ever experienced anything like that so uncertainty must be considered.
edit on 6-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

There is no such thing as an x-class CME.
But, no. It won't.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

iceagenow.info...

Aye, in light of the record breaking hot summer Europe is experiencing (hottest in many countries for many years, record high temps in Austria) - not to say Alaska, Greenland, China..... this makes rivetting reading

iceagenow.info...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Right now, there's an imbalance between the north and the south poles," Jonathan Cirtain, a space scientist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center said last year. "The north is already in transition, well ahead of the south pole, and we don't understand why."

although these happen every 11 years or so, to me it seem we do a lot of guessing ....

Riouz

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cheesy

There is no such thing as an x-class CME.
But, no. It won't.

But there IS such a thing as an X class flare, that can be associated with very strong CME.

Example in May from Nasa...

The flare was also associated with a coronal mass ejection, or CME. The CME began at 9:30 p.m. EDT and was not Earth-directed. Experimental NASA research models show that the CME left the sun at approximately 1,400 miles per second, which is particularly fast for a CME

so fast they expected it to catch up to CME associated with earlier flares. hmmm.

Here's the link but you'll have to stop the next page from loading if you want to read it because it will load a video in it's place.

Three X Class Flares In 24 hours

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

But there IS such a thing as an X class flare, that can be associated with very strong CME.
Yes. Solar flares are often associated with CMEs.

so fast they expected it to catch up to earlier flares. hmmm.
Solar flares propagate at the speed of light. Nothing can catch up to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Nothing can catch up to them"
except Higgs,,cause it dont got Mass.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When it flips this time it needs to be sprinkled with salt and pepper.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Yes. Solar flares are often associated with CMEs.

so fast they expected it to catch up to earlier flares. hmmm.
Solar flares propagate at the speed of light. Nothing can catch up to them.

That would be CME associated with earlier flares.

Fixed.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I don't know but it will effect us all. Just look at how weird the social vibe has been since it flipped in 01 and compare that the the previous 11-12 years.

Maybe this means I will revisit a rebellious party-phase in my life again like I did in the 90s... WOOOOO HOOOO. PARTAY!

Oh wait, I gotta first find some decent new people to party with because the people I used to party with got negatively polarized in the last half of the last change and I went in the opposite direction... so we're not there yet, are we?

HURRY UP AND FLIP DAMMIT!

Im ready for something completely different.

That's funny you mention that because the same thing happened to me. I don't know if it happened coincident with the flips but a definite era occurred around 01' where the vibe of the people around me - friends, family just flipped (not in a good way).

It's like I entered the twilight zone..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not be going on about Ison in a pole flipping thread, but look at the trajectory they have modeled. Mid November is when it comes surprisingly close to Mercury... so there's a new one for the Conspiracy Theorists... lol, so here goes *What if Nasa is slightly nervous that it's going to crash into Mercury?*

Would we see bright cosmic drama coming from Mercury if that were to occur?

One thing is for sure, if we want to keep our eyes on this when November rolls around, look for Mercury in a sky map and try to locate it's vicinity. It could possibly be faint, it could possibly be bright as the moon but if we have to hunt it in November... it will be close to Mercury and looking at the model, I find it interesting how they expect us to see it because that side is going to be daylight. Dusk or dawn, it would still have to be quite bright.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join