It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA :The Sun's Magnetic Field is About to Flip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
helo guys..i found this scary article while i read my facebook news..

It hasn't happened yet, but it's about to. Data from NASA-supported observatories show that the sun's global magnetic field will flip before the end of 2013. The reversal, which signals the arrival of Solar Maximum, will have ripple effects felt throughout the solar system. Get the full story and a video from Science@NASA

source : spaceweather.com/
science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/05aug_fieldflip/

so what will happen to the earth?? is this normal? any idea?
edit on 6-8-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2013 by semperfortis because: corrected all caps

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Good to see Facebook serving its purpose of spreading rubbish.

This is totally normal for Sol (the sun). Nothing to see here, move along.

King

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

We will wake up, bask in the glory of our life giving entity known as "The Sun", and go about our business.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So like, will I get cool superpowers? And grow back my hair?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Superpowers granted! hair growth, is just pushing it too far...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

According to this the Suns magnetic field flips every 11 years so as we are still here since the last one I guess we won't even notice .

The sun's magnetic field changes polarity approximately every 11 years. It happens at the peak of each solar cycle as the sun's inner magnetic dynamo re-organizes itself. The coming reversal will mark the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24. Half of 'Solar Max' will be behind us, with half yet to come.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i am sory friend i dont mean to scare..but just curious..they just say the begining of solar max is by the end of 2013..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
this is totally normal and completes this cycle every 22-24 years, which signals the solar cycle of 11-12 years of solar minimum and solar maximum.

its interesting to observe these changes as the whole universe is made up of magnetics and we will get to watch the magnetic changes happen before our eyes and observe them!

cool!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Noooooooo it will happen again. It will be just like the last time, in 2001! We are all gona die, again... I don't like to die, it hurt!

edit on 6-8-2013 by Spationaute because: Huge flip between 0 and number

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Did you even watch the video you linked? Just 33 seconds in you get your answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One thing I don't understand is this:

When the polarity shift on the sun happens, it happens rapidly.

The official theory of how the polarity shift on Earth happens, is that it happens slowly over many years.

There seems to be a disconnect here. Since I am too busy to do research on this, I'll throw the question out here.

If the sun can switch from today to tomorrow, why not the earth?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
God dam its going to flip again? that was quick www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Surprise! Sun's magnetic field flips every 11 years, so it has happened millions of times before, and we are still here. It always happens during Solar maximum, and then it gets stabilized. Its big change and felt throughout in solar system. Even the voyagers which are at edge of solar system, notice it.

We are only doomed if nearby star wants to go supernova while Sun's magnetic field is going to flip. We are losing part of our radiation shield, and only our own magnetic field protects us from cosmic rays and other dirty stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
okay this is normal..so the site is over statment saying big event while atsr say normal event haha

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

It hasn't happened yet, but it's about to. Data from NASA-supported observatories show that the sun's global magnetic field will flip before the end of 2013. The reversal, which signals the arrival of Solar Maximum, will have ripple effects felt throughout the solar system. Get the full story and a video from Science@NASA

If this is true and were at the end of the solar max then we had one of the feeblest solar maximums on record. I was looking at solar maxes from years go by and they were wonderful displays of power and energy. Not this time. We are going into an ice age because the sun is going into a deep sleep so get out the blankets and store of some seeds for the minimal harvests to come. Things are about to change and change fast. It's going to get very cold fast. To point this out. The Arctic just had the coldest summer on record this year. Check it out.

edit on 6-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by cheesy

If this is true and were at the end of the solar max then we had one of the feeblest solar maximums on record. I was looking at solar maxes from years go by and they were wonderful displays of power and energy. Not this time. We are going into an ice age because the sun is going into a deep sleep so get out the blankets and store of some seeds for the minimal harvests to come. Things are about to change and change fast. It's going to get very cold fast. To point this out. The Arctic just had the coldest summer on record this year. Check it out.

is that true? have any link sir?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I happen to think the same, although maybe not to the extreme of an ice age. I think we are heading for another Maunder minimum.

King

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for asking. The news on the cold summer up north was given recently and you should be able to google it pretty easy. The last solar minimum was a very long one and contributed to the recent very cold winters we've been having. I think I read it in the science digest or journal. I think some of this is also here on the ATS. They are saying that we could go into another Maunder minimum (little ice age) that could last a few hundred years.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

I happen to think the same, although maybe not to the extreme of an ice age. I think we are heading for another Maunder minimum.

King

my friend nasa say it will be max..so if you say minimum, what is you thought sir?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

King

I agree with you. The last minimum was very quiet and late in changing, and the first half of the new cycle had elements of the old cycle in it. They said it was because the interior of the sun was becoming stable and currents were moving slower. Less currents less sun spots and less warming of the planet. The sun could simply stabilize and sleep for up to several hundred years. And we know what that means for the earth. People think it's the sunlight that warms the earth and they don't understand that it's the friction of solar flares bouncing on the atmosphere that does a lot of it. No flares no warmth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join