It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Efffects of a Superpower Nuke on Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Last week we showed you what would happen if a terrorist nuclear bomb were to detonate in Chicago. Some of you may have been surprised at not only the devestation brought to the center of the city, but the lack of devestation to nearby areas. In this video we up the ante a bit and show you the effects of a typical ICBM delivered warhead from a major superpower. What would this weapon, 25 times more powerful than the last, do to Chicago?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You cant help but think of Oppenheimer's statement after trinity. Im sure we will eventually reap what we sowed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Find out the effects from a target closer to home: Nukemap
edit on 6-8-2013 by Josephus because: wrong link

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

Sweet!!! I love that my city of Chicago is finally getting some terrorist love (end sarcasm)......

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

That is a great tool (mostly because you can put ANY size nuke in there).

I'm pretty OK as long as the closest target to me is hit with something 7mt or less. At 8 or 9mt, it's dicey, but at 10mt, we're doomed. More likely than not, we wouldn't face anything hitting there over 5mt, though if multiples hit there, could be a bad day at the ranch....

For fun, choose the 100mt one. Holy crap that's a HUGE damage radius!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

My thoughts exactly
/endsarcasm

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is not so much a visual aid, but I used this in my research. It tells quite a bit more information than most of the generic nuke mappers: www.fourmilab.ch...
edit on 6-8-2013 by LibertysTeeth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join