It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stone To Publish Michael Hastings' Profile Of CIA Director John Brennan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Elise Jordan, the wife of late journalist Michael Hastings, spoke out in her first TV interview since her husband's death, opening up to CNN's Piers Morgan about her husband and how much he would have loved to cover the NSA surveillance story that broke a week before his death.

Elise Jordan (1:14):

"I have no doubt that he was pursuing a hot story. He always had at least five hot stories going. That was Michael," Hastings'
link

At about 1:20 min into the vid she says:

"There will be published his profile of John Brennan in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, uhm, probably in a couple of weeks"

@ 3:20 They start talking about how Michael Hastings would have loved to report on the unfolding NSA-leaks/Snowden events:

Piers Morgan: "He would have loved it, wouldn't he? The NSA, Edward Snowden... "

Elise Jordan (3:29): "No, I mean absolutely! There isn't a more contentious time for national security reporters than right now. I mean the Obama administration has in effect cracked down on national security reporters. They're, you know, risking going to prison if they don't reveal their sources. They have, you know, launched more investigations on whistle blowers than the previous three administrations combined. And so definitely there was a climate of, I feel like, fear of, it made their job, it made Michael's job a whole lot more difficult. But it also motivated him more than ever to go out there and tell the truth and, uh, you know, challenge authority - (? and call for? ) - more transparency in government."

Elise Jordan (4:30): "He cared so much for telling the stories that other people didn't wanna tell and he always said like to choose a big target. If you're gonna go after someone you don't go after the grunt in the field you choose your target big and that was what he felt was the fair way to go about his writing"

The quotes unless in an "EX-TEXT" box have been transcribed by me directly from the video - so please check for errors before re-quoting!

This video is full of interesting details to analyze for both those who believe in foul play regarding Michael Hastings' disappearence and those who don't. From things that were said vs things left unsaid on to body language this video will probably keep us occupied for weeks to come.

The remark about Hastings always having had at least five hot stories going is something I have been itching to make a thread on for a while now. There is evidence for at least three stories he was working on and strong hints for at least another three.

edit on 6-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

Elise Jordan, the wife of late journalist Michael Hastings, spoke out in her first TV interview since her husband's death, opening up to CNN's Piers Morgan about her husband and how much he would have loved to cover the NSA surveillance story that broke a week before his death.

...The remark about Hastings always having had at least five hot stories going is something I have been itching to make a thread on for a while now. There is evidence for at least three stories he was working on and strong hints for at least another three.

Thanks MindBodySpiritComplex!
Will have to get to the video later...(really looking forward to it)...but, 'til then - 3 to 5 stories working at a time... Gotta keep filling the pipe.
I thought Michael Hastings and Piers Morgan had engaged in some heated "discussions" in recent times... (?)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yes, thanks for this!

Interesting that, at 1:30, in the video she says that her gut feeling is that it was just a tragic accident. Quite bold of her to openly state that while the investigation is ongoing, isn't it? I don't mean this offensively towards her. She's obviously a bright woman with good ethics.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer
...Interesting that, at 1:30, in the video she says that her gut feeling is that it was just a tragic accident. Quite bold of her to openly state that while the investigation is ongoing, isn't it? I don't mean this offensively towards her. She's obviously a bright woman with good ethics.

I agree...
Seems to be reiterating the same message that someone claiming to be a female member of Michael Hastings' family posted in one of the threads (think the username was KN937... will look it up, if you're interested).
What would you honestly want the answer to be...if you were a member of the family?
Would you want there to be a "bad guy" that you could blame? (who might have you in his/their sights - suspecting that you might now have incriminating/damaging information in possession)
Or - is there a genuine reason to suspect that this tragic conclusion was a real possibility, given "private & personal" details (habits, traits, disorders, etc...) that were known only to a limited group of family & close friends (and possibly - health care professionals)?
I've tried to place myself in their shoes and derive a working answer...but that's impossible.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
What would you honestly want the answer to be...if you were a member of the family?
Would you want there to be a "bad guy" that you could blame? (who might have you in his/their sights - suspecting that you might now have incriminating/damaging information in possession)
Or - is there a genuine reason to suspect that this tragic conclusion was a real possibility, given "private & personal" details (habits, traits, disorders, etc...) that were known only to a limited group of family & close friends (and possibly - health care professionals)?
I've tried to place myself in their shoes and derive a working answer...but that's impossible.

I've been thinking along very similar lines about that.

I can easily imagine many people in her situation going into denial, after actually having the gut feeling that their husband was assassinated by the government and their own life is in danger. This is a perfectly normal defense mechanism and depends mostly on personality and character. That's not saying that this is the case with Mr Hastings' wife, although there are some aspects of her behavior that point to it, IMHO.

It is indeed impossible to place ourselves in their shoes and get a working answer.

edit on 6-8-2013 by soulwaxer because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

...I've been thinking along very similar lines about that.
...I can easily imagine many people in her situation going into denial, after actually having the gut feeling that their husband was assassinated by the government and their own life is in danger. This is a perfectly normal defense mechanism and depends mostly on personality and character. That's not saying that this is the case with Mr Hastings' wife, although there are some aspects of her behavior that point to it, IMHO.
...It is indeed impossible to place ourselves in their shoes and get a working answer.

There is a side-note to this...being:
Most of her professional career has been intimately involved in the NSA and other government institutions.
That has to taint one's consideration of her responses & attitude.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Op, thanks for this. Hopefully the profile will be released and other stuff as well.

Yes, thanks for this!

Interesting that, at 1:30, in the video she says that her gut feeling is that it was just a tragic accident. Quite bold of her to openly state that while the investigation is ongoing, isn't it? I don't mean this offensively towards her. She's obviously a bright woman with good ethics.

Indeed. There's more being released...

Posted an update, of the "fiery crash video" which includes 9/11 text of the calls and a video...
"Three explosions" quoted from the video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

...I've been thinking along very similar lines about that.
...I can easily imagine many people in her situation going into denial, after actually having the gut feeling that their husband was assassinated by the government and their own life is in danger. This is a perfectly normal defense mechanism and depends mostly on personality and character. That's not saying that this is the case with Mr Hastings' wife, although there are some aspects of her behavior that point to it, IMHO.
...It is indeed impossible to place ourselves in their shoes and get a working answer.

There is a side-note to this...being:
Most of her professional career has been intimately involved in the NSA and other government institutions.

Say what?! I haven't been following the details, but maybe I should...

She certainly looks very 'professional', if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
partial quote

I've been thinking along very similar lines about that.

I can easily imagine many people in her situation going into denial, after actually having the gut feeling that their husband was assassinated by the government and their own life is in danger. This is a perfectly normal defense mechanism and depends mostly on personality and character. That's not saying that this is the case with Mr Hastings' wife, although there are some aspects of her behavior that point to it, IMHO.

Denial is a product of fear and in her case I suspect that its FEAR in all caps.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

...Interesting that, at 1:30, in the video she says that her gut feeling is that it was just a tragic accident. Quite bold of her to openly state that while the investigation is ongoing, isn't it? I don't mean this offensively towards her. She's obviously a bright woman with good ethics.

I agree...
Seems to be reiterating the same message that someone claiming to be a female member of Michael Hastings' family posted in one of the threads (think the username was KN937... will look it up, if you're interested).]Seems to be reiterating the same message that someone claiming to be a female member of Michael Hastings' family posted in one of the threads (think the username was KN937... will look it up, if you're interested).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WanDash................There is a side-note to this...being:

I think Michael Hastings is still alive, and I think Elise Jordan, former speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and VP Dick Cheney, (among other NeoCons) is a liar and I think she's on the 'payroll' - most likely of the NSA as noted in the quote above. Don't be surprised to find out that she is the same person in the quote below "KN937."

edit on 6-8-2013 by ERagerz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ERagerz

I agree...
Seems to be reiterating the same message that someone claiming to be a female member of Michael Hastings' family posted in one of the threads (think the username was KN937... will look it up, if you're interested).]Seems to be reiterating the same message that someone claiming to be a female member of Michael Hastings' family posted in one of the threads (think the username was KN937... will look it up, if you're interested).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WanDash................There is a side-note to this...being:

I think Michael Hastings is still alive, and I think Elise Jordan, former speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and VP Dick Cheney, (among other NeoCons) is a liar and I think she's on the 'payroll' - most likely of the NSA as noted in the quote above. Don't be surprised to find out that she is the same person in the quote below "KN937."

edit on 6-8-2013 by ERagerz because: (no reason given)

Quite a gutsy statement. I don't know how the truth will ever come out if this is so.
Excuse me for being naturally blond, can I ask what you think Hastings is doing right now? Did his beloved wife back stab him if he truly is alive?
I applaud your ability to think outside the box.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Far too soon for such an interview like this. The man is dead, what's the rush?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ERagerz
...I think Michael Hastings is still alive, and I think Elise Jordan, former speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and VP Dick Cheney, (among other NeoCons) is a liar and I think she's on the 'payroll' - most likely of the NSA as noted in the quote above. Don't be surprised to find out that she is the same person in the quote below "KN937."

She could be.
I can understand suspicion...but don't know how you get from "suspicion" to "(she) is a liar...on the 'payroll'".
I, likewise, understand the suspicion that "it was not Michael Hastings in the car"...but, that's as far as it goes, for me.
I can't make the leap from considering it a possibility...to stating that "it's what I believe"...without something a lot more significant than...considering it a possibility...
As sad_eyed_lady questioned -- do you have some idea "where" he is...or "what" he's doing...or...do you suspect "him" of disappearing intentionally - or - of someone "disappearing him"? And, if so --- "why" (in either case)?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING CREEPY AND DISTURBING?
Most know the history of the RMS Titanic, a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage, travelling at 23 knots. The Titanic was deemed unsinkable and lacked enough life boats. The Titanic was 883' long. The Titanic was the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men.

NOW 14 years before, long before the Titanic was built, there was a novella written by Morgan Robertson called "Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan". The story features the ocean liner "Titan", which sinks during April, after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage, travelling at 25 knots. The Titan was deemed unsinkable, and lacked enough life boats. The Titan was 800' long. The Titan was the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men.

DISTURBED YET? Ask yourself, without your eyes glazing over, what is truly the odds?

There is a conspiracy, that John Pierpont "J. P." Morgan, through subsidiaries, having financed the building of the Titanic. The Titanic was a TRAP. Why? Simple: It was made to lure by invitation, some of the biggest and richest industrialist, like John Jacob Astor IV, was considered to be the richest person in the world at that time, and who openly opposed a centralized private bank like the Federal Reserve.

The rich resisters of a NWO were told how luxurious and unsinkable it was. The life boats were purposely shorted, because J.P. Morgan knew that when the Titanic sinks, it would be women and children first, and that most men would be left on board to die. After the sinking and the death of many multi-millionaire industrialist, one year later by J.P. Morgan hands again, the Federal Reserve is born, without resistance.

Did J.P. Morgan get the Idea from the 1898 novella written by Morgan Robertson "Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan", or was it some type of prediction through spiritual forces? Who can say. We do know that the Illuminati have a nasty habit of telling people what they are going to do to them, sometimes decades ahead of time. There are many example of this.

"The Illuminati Card Game" - 1995, released 6 years before 9/11, has cards with the Pentagon blowing up, the twin towers being blown up, the Deepwater Horizon oil spill , on and on and on, even a card dedicated to Alex Jones and Ron Paul together hijacking conspiracy theorist. You have to google the game and card pictures, it will blow your mind. Many things in that card game have come to pass, some haven't yet, but are most likely on the way.

Even in the 2009 Movie with Nicolas Cage called "Knowing", one year before the actual Deepwater Horizon oil spill on 20 April 2010., there is a scene were Nicolas Cage is sitting in front of the TV watching the News, and sees a report about a serious Gulf of Mexico oil spill which also involve a oil platform blowing up. But also during the news cast, a report about high solar flare activity makes the news. HELLO!!!

Well guess what, in the same year 2010 of the Deepwater Horizon oil spil, We had a lot of reports of serious solar flare activity.

SO WHAT IS really going on here? Most likely it is the Illuminati telling us what they are going to do next. It is all part of Paganism. See, when a victim comes to a Pagan or witchcraft sacrifice to be sacrificed, the victim must be willing, or the sacrifice won't work. YOU unknowingly come willingly to a sacrifice when you don't rebuke such scenes in movies or in books. You don't rebuke it because of the trickery into thinking its just a fantasy.

So when you see or read a scenario of a disaster, Rebuke it. Don't become a willing sacrifice.

READ MORE OF THE TITAN VS THE TITANIC.
Wiki...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-8-2013 by Krumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Biggs commented Elise Jordan's CNN appearence on the Alex Jones Show (starting at 1:14:30)

Not being a native english speaker I have some trouble making out what Biggs is saying in this video. He certainly seems puzzled and distraught. Maybe somebody else can listen and sum up if he is contributing any new insights.

Self declared female Hastings family member KN937 posted regarding Biggs on ATS as mentioned by WanDash and ERagerz on this thread. For better understanding of the Biggs/Hastings dynamics I am reposting an answer I wrote to KN937 on another thread:

From what I recall Sgt Biggs was not a particularly close friend nor confidant of Mike's. He was a friend and a supportive one, which of course was appreciated, but no one that anyone in the family would tell or has told anything to.

You sound sincere and I am truely sorry for your loss. The following tweets by Mike (from 2011) however show that Biggs had ample reason to feel so close to him and why he is so intent to look deeper into the mystifying circumstances of his disappearence:

link

Michael Hastings ‏@mmhastings
Congrats, bro. Salute to multiple Purple heart winner and true hero Joe Biggs RT @Biggslicious Ready to be out of the Army Friday!!!!!

link

@Biggslicious Once saw Biggs run outside a compound after a suicide bomber blew up.He took control of the situation while higherups freaked.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Thanks for this mindbody ! S&F
Whilst I am hardly an expert on body language and little to add that hasn't already been expresed above by others I would like to share some observations.

The vocal fry in her voice when asked how she is doing reveals the underlying sorrow. (I personally would have let the waterworks go but then I am not a trained professional)

When asked for her opinion on the "conspiracy theories" (a hot story Micheal was working on) going round, she deviates from replying directly, throwing back her head and smiling "he was always working on 4 or 5 hot stories", adresses the upcoming publication of the John Brennen profile (composing herself) before saying that her gut instinct tells her it was a tragic accident, that investigation is ongoing and "I was unlucky, the world was unlucky" (again with vocal fry, this time not only expressing sadness but a glimmer of bitterness is audible) Suggesting to me she is anything but convinced it was a tragic accident....
Whether she is in denial as a coping mechanism or not is hard to tell, I mean who could blame her...

Towards the end of the interview when asked what is was like to live with someone who worked in this climate of fear, " It must have been scary?" again she throws her head back and smiles (a little ott imo) and expresses how exciting it was to live with someone so passionate. She obviously loved Micheal and supported him in his work and I take my hat off to her for her bravery to give an interview so soon..... but to honour his legacy, she should leave no stone unturned to find out the truth and never give in to fear, just as her brave husband did.

my intial thoughts...

Edit: Having watched/heard Sgt Biggs' reaction to this interview and how upset he is (totally flummoxed by Ms Jordan's assertion that it was a tragic accident) it would seem my instincts are correct. It would seem the lady deserves an Oscar for her performance, the question being why.... would she feel the need to do this? Having stated before that she has also mounted an investigation? Maybe she has found evidence leading to conclusions that cannot be revealed for fear of her own life? That is the only explanation I can come up with..

edit on 7-8-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

Not being a native english speaker I have some trouble making out what Biggs is saying in this video. He certainly seems puzzled and distraught. Maybe somebody else can listen and sum up if he is contributing any new insights.

The only new insights to come from Biggs besides his disbelief at the stance of Ms Jordan in the interview:

a: he called her 2 weeks prior to going to L.A and had her friend plead to Biggs not to go and investigate while she could be heard crying in the background. (wtf?)
B: forensics told Biggs that from the CCTV footage analyses "everything happened before the tree" and that strange roof impacts ==> pushed out ( time to get miner49 off his bed
)

I will give it another listen but the phoneline was pretty bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Thanks for your observations! I agree on your remarks on body language including the question wether or not she was being genuine. The contrast between Jordan and Biggs is remarkable. Jordan is a media pro used to talking on TV and choosing her words carefully. Biggs on the other hand is a fish out of water when it comes to media appearences. He is much less controlled and less used to choosing his words carefully.

While I have some doubts re Jordan we have to remember that she too is a journalist and as I was writing on WanDash's "foul play" thread:

Those of his friends and associates who are journalists, film makers, publishers, lawyers (Glenn Greenberg is a journalist and lawyer), etc. will only come forward if they have actual proof of foul play. Else they will damage their credibility and may even get in the way of their own investigation of the matter. And I think Buzzfeed made their stance as clear as they possibly could without being declared conspiracy nuts:

Some comments on the latest Biggs remarks from the Daily Paul site:

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Tue, 08/06/2013 - 13:24
couple of weeks ago, when Biggs and Wayne Madsen were on his show, AJ stated on record that he was going to fund a fact finding mission out in LA with BOTH of them in tow.

but the next day, AJ spoke on the fact that he just talked to Biggs the night before and how Biggs called Elise Jordan, but her friend spoke FOR her as Jordan was crying in the background and begging Biggs to drop the investigation.

So AJ, stated that out of respect, while he's gonna go through with the investigation, with or without her 'blessings' he will hold off, for now, until everything gets sorted out between Biggs and Jordan.

Now, the world knows, at least on the PR-sense, she's done a seeming 'about face'; she could in fact be working on her own investigation via her old NSC channels

Biggs is stating now that he is CERTAIN more than ever that this was NO "accident."

let's see where this goes: she may just be working on her own plan.

who knows.

Hopefully, AJ, Madsen, and Biggs too can get to the bottom of this.

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Tue, 08/06/2013 - 13:54.
Biggs is stating now that how when he was in AfPak and Iraq with other embedded reporters, they were scared shiitless, but even when explosions went off nearby and rounds were whizzing by, when Hastings was embedded with Biggs' unit, he was calm as fcuk.

but when Michael Hastings called Biggs just before the explosive crash, his tone and inflections communicated that he was scared out of his mind.

Biggs and AJ seem to be going through with the investigation! YES!

The interview is concluded, now.

P.S. AJ just speculated to Joe Biggs (was clear that it was just a personal speculation) that Hastings may actually have been CIA (one of the few good ones, then found out, wasn't gonna go along with it and got killed for his conscience), seeing as how Elise Jordan was from NSC circles; those two coming together is weird stars aligning itself.

link and more here: link

edit on 7-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Indeed credibility is top priority in order to be taken seriously which is why I find the fact that Biggs has teamed up with Wayne Madsen disturbing. ( recall the Guardian article referencing Madsen being pulled within hours of publishing)
The very fact this man is involved can harm the credibility of anything Biggs may uncover.
Note: I personally have nothing against Madsen but am aware that some of his more outlandish claims of past are reason for MSM a.o to ignore anything he says right off the bat..

Whether Micheal was C.I.A ? who knows. I didn't know much about him before his death.
So yes, perhaps Ms Jordan has chosen to keep her cards close to her chest while investigating. Smart lady if that's the case. It would also explain to me why she'd rather not see Biggs and Madsen invloved, possibly screwing up any chance she has of getting the truth out .

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

MindBodySpiritComplex and bowaconstricta
My interpretation of Elise Jordan's composure, demeanor & attitude is at severe odds with Alex Jones'...
I did not see "happy" in her eyes.
I did not see "plastic".
I saw genuine distress, on the verge of losing it numerous times...
I could be wrong...but, that's what I saw.

SSgt Biggs...
...After talking about how "professional" &/or "fearless" Michael Hastings had been in live combat situations...he said -
"...and to hear that...3, 4, 5 days out...he was just...out of his mind...scared..."

And, further said...
According to "forensic experts" (that he - SSgt Biggs - has talked with)...all of the damage to the car happened prior to the tree... (saying that the tree was almost unscathed) ...
They said they noticed some really weird ...ummm... impact, around the roof-area of the car... So - that's pretty odd... Like...the roof was "pushed out"...

Listening through this interview (Alex Jones & SSgt Biggs) was difficult.
They (Alex Jones' group) had obviously broken-down the security camera footage to near frame-by-frame...and could have arrived at many/most of the conclusions we have...already...but rather choose to regurgitate partially digested morsels all over everything...as if that is THE TRUTH.

There is no "explosion in the street". The vehicle was entirely on the median before the "flashes" that some are now calling "explosions".

The impact to the roof can be identified in the video footage...as the dark black shape (being dark-black after both head and tail lights are extinguished) moves toward the tree, then obliterates the street-light that had outlined the tree in preceding footage.
One can even see the "dark black shape" change position between the two frames that precede the first evidence of explosion at the tree.

Appreciate both of your observations and information!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join