It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several airlines dealing with computer outages, including Alaska, Jet Blue, American

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
wow I just saw this breaking on breaking news all I have is the tweet

Several airlines dealing with computer outages, including Alaska, Jet Blue, American

I don't know what it means but with all the hype about terror attacks being imminent I thought it was worth posting

eta here is another tweet

Airlines globally using the Sabre reservation system are experiencing an outage. We are working with Sabre to restore services asap
edit on 6-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta acouple more tweets

more - Spokesperson Nancy St. Pierre says "our technology teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible." #sabre

Southlake-based @sabrenews confirms to @CBSDFW it is experiencing a system issue affecting its global reservation network

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am often the one to tell people to "sit down and shut up" when they come in screaming "false flag, false flag, false flag!!!..."

Yet,

This thread right here made me consider something.

Two motives, two possibilities.

A e-attack on aviation infrastructure has a very plausible motive. 1) A security firm or firm that offers secure computing, doing it under the name of "the Bad Guys" and 2) Be it government or a multi-national, looking to get the heat off themselves, could do it as a distraction.

Personally I see the first with a greater chance of happening.

S&F, good catch

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
airplanes being stolen?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't think it's going to affect the planes. might be just no one can make any reservations
www.sabreairlinesolutions.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's interesting but why would terrorists hack the reservation system? Unless it is connected to the 'no fly list(s)' data.

If nothing else it's an odd coincidence.

edit on 6-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Well the Sabre system would be the easiest to Hack.
And, would cause major disruption.

My God, What is Captain kirk going to do when Travelocity gets Bruted!

S&F
edit on 6-8-2013 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya
It's interesting but why would terrorists hack the reservation system? Unless it is connected to the 'no fly list(s)' data.

When I first posted the thread all I had was the 1st tweet which just said airline globally were experiencing outages

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
another tweet
@SabreNews confirms to @CBSDFW its entire network to 400 airlines, 100 airports is impacted by the system outage

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Was this breaking news on TV?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeisgreat
Was this breaking news on TV?

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by gotya

Well the Sabre system would be the easiest to Hack.
And, would case major disruption.

My God, What is Captain kirk going to do when Travelocity gets Bruted!

S&F

Right it could cause major disruption - inconvenience a lot of people. Who knows it seems anything is possible. I don't think I would get on a plane right now (or a train for that matter.)

Crazy days!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

You mess up Americas transportation hubs, you mess up business, and that helps to slowly drain the finances we use to keep the country running and fight.

I believe one of Al Qaedas goals was to goad the US into a global war and bankrupt the country. Not just I thought they would, but I believe there was data recovered that indicated this was a goal. Scary how well it's worked too. Call in a fake bomb threat and the airport shuts down. I actually think Al Qaeda would be more damaging if they just opened a call center to call in fake bomb threats and shut down major business in major cities.

This is probably just some dumb nonsense but I wouldn't want to fly, and if enough people come to that conclusion and decide no to board it will probably cost millions.

My best guess here is that there were some lazy ass software engineers and everything is fine but something bugged out.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
ok finally a link

Sabre Outage Impacting Hundreds Of Airlines Around The World

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Nancy St. Pierre, who heads external communications for Southlake-based Sabre Holdings Group, tells CBS 11 News the problem is affecting every carrier that is part of the reservation network.

“We are experiencing a system issue and our technology teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible,” St. Pierre said

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

In its online media materials, Sabre Holdings reports its software system puts more than 500 million passengers on planes each year. In addition, the company says it connects some 370,000 travel agents and provides reservation service for 93,000 hotels, 27 car rental companies, 50 rail providers and 14 cruise lines

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
wow I just saw this breaking on breaking news all I have is the tweet

I don't know what it means but with all the hype about terror attacks being imminent I thought it was worth posting

eta here is another tweet

Airlines globally using the Sabre reservation system are experiencing an outage. We are working with Sabre to restore services asap

eta acouple more tweets

more - Spokesperson Nancy St. Pierre says "our technology teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible." #sabre

Southlake-based @sabrenews confirms to @CBSDFW it is experiencing a system issue affecting its global reservation network

Ermm is this GLP?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I just saw this on RT, It will be interesting to find out what causing all these issues. I hope nothing serious happens with flights being mixed up, etc

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
soooo

plane tickets going up?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I am often the one to tell people to "sit down and shut up" when they come in screaming "false flag, false flag, false flag!!!..."

Yet,

This thread right here made me consider something.

Two motives, two possibilities.

A e-attack on aviation infrastructure has a very plausible motive. 1) A security firm or firm that offers secure computing, doing it under the name of "the Bad Guys" and 2) Be it government or a multi-national, looking to get the heat off themselves, could do it as a distraction.

Personally I see the first with a greater chance of happening.

S&F, good catch

Somebody who did not know what they were doing probably did something they should not have done. I don't think it has to be a conspiracy, I think a lot of mistakes are made because someone is distracted.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
airplanes being stolen?

rofl.. maybe the nsa is installing a backdoor in sabre systems. our systems are down for maintenance. please try back later. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Resolved yet? If not, why not? Data back-up systems, software re-installation, replacing a key server... all of these could and would have been done by now. What did I miss?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join