It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two sleeping children strangled by escaped python in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
RCMP say Snake was never in reptile store. It's aquarium was in apartment.

live.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Well most events are due to the satanic and ritual elements in the royal families, the eilte and military groups. I'm not sure the highest echlens do this, or if they just pass it on and then judge their minions for doing it, like Hitler giving bad orders, they assume their hands are clean?? But the world is mismanaged by satanist type cults. The media, music industry, CIA, military, and laurel valley. So I assume it was an assignment. Though there could be an independent nut occurring as well, firing off to the dark side on his own....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well most events are due to the satanic and ritual elements in the royal families, the eilte and military groups.

Originally posted by Unity_99
I think that man is part of some cult and did this with or without the PTB.....

lol what... are you just trolling or is this meant to be serious? It's getting harder and harder to tell on the internet these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have owned snakes this size and understand how they work. First off that snake is not large enough to get both in one shot. They also would not focus solely on the neck, they will strike first, wrap, than constrict. Now just cause its not large enough, does not mean the strength is not there, that snake is capable of 10,000lbs/sq inch of pressure sustained for long periods of time. If an autopsy shows bite marks and crushed bones than it may start to be more believable. There was a case in Wisconsin where a grown man was constricted by a larger snake an it literally pushed out internal organs as well as crushing bone. Also they hunt for food, not for fun, but they also know when a meal is too big, and those kids were to big for that size snake.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't believe this story. I think this story was staged...to coverup what really happened. I am very suspicious of the host adults in this situation.

Ok...maybe I am wrong...but I really feel the (real truth) is not being told in this situation.

There are certain things that just don't add up...which have already been stated in this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
reply to post by Superhans

i tell you for a fact taht is not the case, look at my post on page 1. your an asshole!

Sorry for your communities loss however Superhans is correct, the story as reported is odd.

I have kept Ball Pythons, a Columbian red tailed boa and two Burmese pythons ( one of which was the size of the snake in question ) and have some experience on the subject.

ATS member Suitcasey summed up my thoughts quite well in the other thread which was closed.

At the risk of being redundant, Suitcasey's comments are worth repeating here...

post by suitcasey

Been thinking about this all day too... absolutely heartbreaking for the family involved. I do not wish to speculate or cause offence to either the family or the shop owner... but so many things about this story do not add up.

I am a zoologist and run an exotic animal sanctuary. I keep dozens of large snakes, including the species in question. They are large and very strong, but their typical prey is large rabbits and rats. While I believe under very extreme circumstances, this snake could have the ability to constrict a young child, it is the apparent sequence of events that do not make sense in this story.

So the roof caves in from the weight of the snake? And that didn't wake up anyone else in the flat, especially not the two boys in the room?! If the ceiling above you collapses and bits of debris fall all around the room, including a 45kg snake... that is going to wake people up, no one in the room will sleep through that. The two boys had to be awake by the time the snake entered, giving them opportunity to scream for help.

I do believe that out of panic the snake could have latched on to one of the boys and started to constrict, but the other boy HAS to be awake by this stage and he'd be screaming his head off. As others have said, the strike happens so fast and immediately the snake will begin to coil around the body. This movement is rapid and is going to cause a lot of knocks and bangs as both the snake and the boy struggle. If the second boy was not woken by the ceiling falling through, he will be woken by the massive snake writhing around on the bed/floor.

All of the reports say the boys were strangled around the neck. This snake would not specifically go for the neck, it would focus on the rib cage. It would squeeze so hard that there would be multiple crushed ribs and there would definitely be some pretty large bite marks from the snake's initial strike.

When a snake goes into attack mode and begins constricting it's prey, it will stay in that position for a long time; around 10-20 minutes. It will be entirely and completely focused on that one prey item and will not let go until the deed is done. I seen some people speculate that one boy was attacked, the other went to his aid and then the snake attacked him too. I can tell you that that would not happen, the snake would not stop constricting one prey item to persue another.

This is a very sad and strange story, and I do not want to believe that something even more sinister happened. But a large snake can not crash through a ceiling and constrict two young boys without waking up the entire house. One child maybe, but not two.

I once knew a guy whose upper middle class nice guy neighbor abducted,raped and killed an 8 year old girl before dismembering and burning her body in the desert.

Nobody that knew him believed he was capable of such barbarity and openly questioned the competence of the police detectives until the neighbors/friends/family found out the girls DNA was all over the guys RV and his DNA had been found on the little girls body.

On the recommendation of another I googled Jean-Claude Savoie's facebook page ( and confirmed the link from Mandy Trecartin's own facebook. )

While I don't have a problem with alternative lifestyles, I would be cautious allowing my two young boys around somebody so openly hypersexual with an obvious taste for younger men.

Snakes don't generally suffocate their victims by constricting around their necks, people on the other hand....

Again, I'm sorry for your loss but you may have a monster in your midst and should be aware.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am also a large snake owner and this story does not make sense at all. One thing that stuck out as odd in addition to everything the poster above mentioned is how captive snakes behave and how snakes behave in general.
They constrict to eat and they will not eat if a threat is present, the biggest snake in the world is virtually defenseless while its eating so they will retreat well before trying to take on two threats or even trying to eat one.
Since it was in captivity it was either being fed live food or pre-killed. Ones that are fed live food don't have much interest in sleeping prey and the ones that eat pre-killed end up not really knowing how to constrict after a while. I just don't see a captive snake developing super hunting skills in the middle of the night just to kill two kids

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
reply to post by Superhans

i tell you for a fact taht is not the case, look at my post on page 1. your an asshole!

First off, you need to learn how to spell simple words before you call anyone an asshole. Secondly it does not matter how close this was to your hometown and where you grew up. That does not make the story suddenly make sense. And im not the only one who thinks something is up with this, that is why they are doing a criminal investigation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
this is a fake story meant to be interpreted symbolically. those boys never
existed in real life. I suspect they represent Romulus and remus.
notice the hill in the background of the photo and also notice Mario
on the boys hat, from super Mario bros.

the life has been squeezed out of rome!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne
this is a fake story meant to be interpreted symbolically. those boys never
existed in real life. I suspect they represent Romulus and remus.
notice the hill in the background of the photo and also notice Mario
on the boys hat, from super Mario bros.

the life has been squeezed out of rome!

Well... that's enough ATS for tonight.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Now they are saying the kids were at the owners farm before they went to bed. They were with different animals at the farm and had the scent of the animals on them. They think the snake might have been drawn to them because of that scent. It also apparently had escaped its pen in the apt through the ventilation system before but this time the pipe broke and the snake fell through the ceiling. I don't know how it didn't wake the kids up but maybe it fell on their heads and knocked them out. I'm reaching but it was a heavy snake, falling from, let's say 10 ft, possible scenario, maybe?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I don't believe this story. I think this story was staged...to coverup what really happened. I am very suspicious of the host adults in this situation.

Ok...maybe I am wrong...but I really feel the (real truth) is not being told in this situation.

There are certain things that just don't add up...which have already been stated in this thread.

Does anyone keep tabs on the new york nanny case? To me, it smacked of cover up. I thought that some high caliber head candy was at the center of it all, and the nanny was somehow instrumental in the supply. Mommy snapped, and the nanny took the fall.

But...kids died. People died. Therefore the OS is believed. We've all heard this argument, just about all day, every day. They are listening, so don't start disputing anything you're told any time soon, right?

Of course, the nanny story vanished. I just didn't buy a word of it.

Well, who knows. Who knows where this one is headed. Patsy Ramsey went cold and there was no snake to cover for the killer. Then Papa Ramsey got set up with Momma Holloway. Maybe everyone should just keep a bunch of big snakes in their house in case of anything going amiss.

"Oh, Jesus, yeah they're all dead. It's just plain terrible....what? Yeah...yeah of course we have some snakes...honey...have you seen the snakes?"

# 29
edit on 7-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

How do you drop 100 pounds of anything 10 feet without waking up the entire house?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS???? YOU MADE THAT UP!!! .....AHHHH MAN WELL IF IT'S TRUE, WHAT A WAY TO GO OUT!!! That's nuts.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Boys in snake death died from asphyxiation

www.cbc.ca...

Preliminary results from an autopsy performed on two New Brunswick boys who died after an African rock python escaped its enclosure show they died from asphyxiation, RCMP say.

The pathologist completed the autopsies on Noah and Connor Barthe on Tuesday.

"While we now have some preliminary information, investigators still have to wait for other test results to come back and for the final report," Sgt. Alain Tremblay said in a statement.

Police say the large African rock python killed Noah, 4, and Connor, 6, and have launched a criminal investigation into their deaths

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
not a proper autopsy report yet, were there strike/bite marks?..that is a critical peice of info..if there are i could possibly believe that something unheard of could of happened here..if not im not buying it

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to chime in here one more time to suggest another possible reason for this tragic incident. Again, I do not wish to cause offence or harm to anyone and my heart goes out to everyone involved.

The autopsy report seems to have confirmed that asphyxiation is the cause of death for the two young boys. The media seem to have taken this as evidence that the snake killed them directly, but I don't believe the police or medical examiners have said this outright.

It is interesting, because with large constrictors such as boids or pythons, the ultimate cause of death is generally not asphyxiation. Most of the time the snake's prey will die through cardio pulmonary failure due to the incredibly high amount of pressure placed on the body and it's organs. With small snakes that are not as strong, yes asphyxiation would be the COD, but with an adult african rock python I do believe heart failure would be the killer. The amount of pressure they can produce is unthinkable.

So far, the examiners have not announced any blood, bites or trauma on the young boys. Now, what has the ability to cause asphyxiation, but leaves no traces of visible trauma on the body? Carbon monoxide.

This large snake escapes it's vivarium, travels through air vents and crashes through a roof. It obviously caused a lot of damage in it's path, and perhaps it damaged a pipe above the living room where the boys were sleeping. CO3 is released from the pipe and travels to the lowest part of the room (the floor where the boys were sleeping). This would also perhaps account for the reason why the boys did not wake up and alert the rest of the flat.

I've been thinking about this incident so much. And I have come to terms with the fact that although incredibly unlikely, a huge chain of unfortunate events could have resulted in this snake bizarrely and heartbreakingly constricting these poor kids. But I do think in reality, there is more to this story and we will begin to hear something which makes much more sense in the next few days.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Without the facts such as damage or evidence of the path of the snake, and ruling out any other cause of asphyxiation, hard to conclude anything one way or the other, but it is seeming more suspicious than we originally were led to believe.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join