Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An American Dictator

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Conceivably Bush is a dictator in a democratic country considering the Congress will pass anything he wants because it is comprised of a majority of Republicans. He does not give any consideration to Democrats thoughts on anything at all, so how is he not a dictator?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Go cry in Canada with all the other deserters who want to flee this beautiful nation. Im so sick and tired of hearing all this nonsense. This is America, the home of the free, the strong and the brave, yes thats right I said it, the home of the free. If it werent for Terrorists none of this crap would even be taken place but since our goverment was made to feel that they did such a crappy job protecting us on 9/11, what do you expect them to do to increase security to make people feel safer. They are damed if they do and damned if they dont..

Try being an American, not a dem or a reb or a liberal just a "F'n" American, look at your neighbor, take a breath of air, enjoy your family and realise, we still are free and always will be as long as you belive in being an American.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
good point, justmytype. I think I will go cry in Canada.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just head North and you will find Canada, home of the liberals and protected ones via the US military. Good luck to you bro!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Go cry in Canada with all the other deserters who want to flee this beautiful nation. Im so sick and tired of hearing all this nonsense. This is America, the home of the free, the strong and the brave, yes thats right I said it, the home of the free. If it werent for Terrorists none of this crap would even be taken place but since our goverment was made to feel that they did such a crappy job protecting us on 9/11, what do you expect them to do to increase security to make people feel safer. They are damed if they do and damned if they dont..

Try being an American, not a dem or a reb or a liberal just a "F'n" American, look at your neighbor, take a breath of air, enjoy your family and realise, we still are free and always will be as long as you belive in being an American.

Doesn't it suck to know that the terrorists are actually the people running your "free" nation. Poppy fields are nicely booming now thanks to Bush, but don't worry heroin isn't soooo bad, right? Hey and instead of being an AMERICAN, why don't you try and being a HUMAN first, We're all on the same planet moron.

Whether you want to believe it or not, your future is being decided by people who could care less about your well being or your free will

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Whether you want to believe it or not, your future is being decided by people who could care less about your well being or your free will

This is so true, and scary. It's amazing to me how ignorant people in this country have become on all issues. Bush is corrupt to the bone, ample proof of that even on ATS. But no so many choose to not believe it. Well believe it cause most of it is true.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was in Canada a few years ago on a fishing trip in BC. They were all crying because they had to register and pay a fee for the guns the Government allowed them to keep. Does not sound like freedom to me. I"ll stay were I am free to keep and bear arms.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
He does not give any consideration to Democrats thoughts on anything at all, so how is he not a dictator?

Because he still has to listen to the Republicans. And more importantly, to the people of the US.

Because he needs a 60/40 vote to get many things done.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
crypt, what you are crying about are called gun laws. They help the government and law enforcement keep track of guns so we don't get nutbars running around shooting the hell out of each other. Check out Canada's murder rate, especially gun deaths and you'll know that unlike the states, it does a good job. And if you think we don't have as mnay guns as you... think again, hunting is a major part of being a Canadian, and many of us own guns.

Yeah you CAN stay down in the states, fulll of unregistered guns and where you can buy automatic weapons for hunting. Gimme a break. REAL SAFE

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont even like Bush but you can hardly call him a dictator. What concerens me is the Republicans controling all three branches of government but that just means we need to keep an eye on them, but the same could be said of government ANYTIME.

Our founding fathers in their wisdom set it up so its pretty hard to do much damage as long as you follow the Constitution.

That it seems to be ignored by BOTH parties worries me.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Jawapunk, we have gun laws in the States. One of them is that you cannot buy automatic weapons without a permit that is very hard to get. So please get your facts straight.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
I was in Canada a few years ago on a fishing trip in BC. They were all crying because they had to register and pay a fee for the guns the Government allowed them to keep. Does not sound like freedom to me. I"ll stay were I am free to keep and bear arms.

You will need those guns.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
What concerens me is the Republicans controling all three branches of government

Eh, explaing a bit to me? (life not been good on me brain, I think I have the original 64K RAM up there, lol).

Did I not learn something in school, of that situation not being allowed to happen?

Thanx

Misfit

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Jawapunk, we have gun laws in the States. One of them is that you cannot buy automatic weapons without a permit that is very hard to get. So please get your facts straight.

This makes me mad. They leave off the semi- to make people think we are all toting machine guns. The so called assualt weapons are no more automatic than a 45 pistol

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Bush is not a dictator. Not on his own merits.

However, the ones that pull his strings from behind the scenes, they are another matter.

X

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
From Merriam-Webster OnLine:

Main Entry: dictator
Pronunciation: 'dik-"tA-t&r, dik-'
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from dictare
1 a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome b : one holding complete autocratic control c : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively
2 : one that dictates

Does this definition actually apply to George W. Bush?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
From Merriam-Webster OnLine:

Main Entry: dictator
Pronunciation: 'dik-"tA-t&r, dik-'
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from dictare
1 a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome b : one holding complete autocratic control c : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively
2 : one that dictates

Does this definition actually apply to George W. Bush?

I didn't pull my Webster, but your c best fits the bill or George in this case.
What he dictates gets shoved through congress and he signs it. He signs everything that hits that desk, has'nt vetoed a thing, Whats Up?
Also I can't believe people elected that #%^&@!*
to have another four years to put his feet on that 200 year old desk

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
I didn't pull my Webster, but your c best fits the bill or George in this case.
What he dictates gets shoved through congress and he signs it. He signs everything that hits that desk, has'nt vetoed a thing, Whats Up?
Also I can't believe people elected that #%^&@!*
to have another four years to put his feet on that 200 year old desk

Ok, haha, so let me get this straight. Congress is the "One" person having absolute authority!? hahaaa! Face it, this Bush is a dictator argument is B.S. at best! One party is just about always going to have a few more seats in the house and senate. You can't always have it completely equal. This just makes it even more democratic! The people of our country elected these officials. How is this a dictatorship? Face it, if you're saying Bush is a dictator, you lose! With our system of government, it's impossible for one to become a dicator.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If any one American president ever had the possibility of looking like a dictator in citizen's eyes, it has to be Bush. Remember when he (jokeingly) said that "It would be easier to be a dictator?" Perhaps he kind've meant it.
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll just be a "semi-dictator" instead of a full-blown one.
That's kind've like the difference between "semi-automatic" and "fully automatic" is'nt it?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I see people are still crying about "Bush".. How pathetic... Have all you people lost sense in what it means to be an American. Think about it logically people, 9/11 changed our way of living, thinking, our security, our policies etc.. Before 9/11 the Patriot Act wasnt even considered. Our goverment has a catch 22 here people, If they dont increase security and probe just about everything to stop something bad from happening, We "Americans" will blame them"the goverment" for not being prepared enough. Yes, I do understand it does sometimes feel that "Big Brother" is starting to look a little to close, but the question is, If they dont, and we deal with another 9/11 type attack at a higher magnitude, who will you have to blame, The goverment or yourself? I do not condone every decision that is made. It is my responsibility as an American as it is yours to educate ourselves about what issues are takin place in Congress. Im sure everyone posting on this board just spends the day being involved in what is actually going on in Congress. doubtful..very doubtful. Its easier to place blame elsewhere then to be an American and do what is right, participate, get involved, write your dam congressman and senators let the peoples voice be heard. I also wanted to state one more thing, before you go bashing me as I am sure most of the ignorant ones will by saying Im a Bush lover. How come thier is a bill in the House now created by Tom Dachelle of the Democrats to raise the federal Minimum wage on a little Island we occupy 50 miles between California and Hawaii but its been shot down here in the states???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join