It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed Again. Divorced 3 years - Ex Files for bankruptcy and I Get to Pay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If everything you say is true, it sounds as though (speculatively of course) she may have narcissistic personality disorder. I've unfortunately known people suffering from it, and she fits the description to a T. Belief in personal superiority, thinking she "deserves" a certain standard of living and lifestyle, never taking responsibility for her own shortcomings, etc.

It is one possible explanation for the seemingly irrational demands and lack of compassion.

I wish you luck. Peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Yours is the definition I too have come up with. Thanks for your words and you are right.

CJ

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Haha,haha, haha, That karmas a bitch aint it. Yea you got it all going on and she has nothing. Actually I think she screwed you yet again. Could'nt have happened to a nicer guy. Really, I mean that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I would go online to the credit reporting agencies websites. Sign up and then dispute every singly charge as being hers and say you were divorced on such and such date and that an injunction was filed on whatever date. No idea how you can get stuck with her debts. A divorce is final. Is there something you aren't telling us?

Sounds like you were required to pay half and you did. Your ex could have easily asked the hospital to cover this with charity care. I don't know why you wouldn't qualify. I don't know anyone who gets an 8k debt that is insured. Here if you are under insured and go over 1000 you automatically qualify for charity care.

This doesn't sound right.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of his early childhood vaccinations.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

is that legal?

I am in the AU and things just don't work like that here. Your not liable because your DIVORCED.

well that is generally how it works here.

wow. Gee I wish I had married and divorced you!!

sorry, it isn't a laughing matter but wow, can't believe you have been screwed like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
so treating women like cars and trading them in every 2years was not a bad idea on my part then

i never figured out this married thing anyway it's just a piece of paper anyhow just like the ownership of a car .

where i live if you stay with someone for 2 years you are considered common law married under the law and they can claim of you .

one girl i lived with even brought this up one night that we had been together 2 years and she was entitled to half of everything .I had to remind her of the 6 weeks that we were split up and she was history shortly after that then i discovered she had dipped into my bank accounts while i had been working away but the police would do nothing the law is biased on the part of men they never throw a woman out of a house but will order a man out of a home he has bought

yes love is a mugs game

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

In the US the divorce decree is NOT final. Obligations such as "shared responsibility" or child medical bills (we had a lot - son had cancer) will be obtained no matter what the decree says. Because I paid my half of the bills as they came means nothing - there was still another half to pay and when she filed bankruptcy I am responsible - good thing is I paid it off as of last month and am free from this debt. I am happy the doctors who took such good care of my son got paid.

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join