It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed Again. Divorced 3 years - Ex Files for bankruptcy and I Get to Pay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I miss my son and he misses me. He cries every time I Skype with him asking if I miss him and why I can not come get him. She doesn't understand what she is doing to him and it is all about her being happy with her new guy and family. He wants his daddy and I miss my baby boy.

I am truly sorry for you, friend. Yours is a much worse situation than mine. I hope for you and your son that things turn around and you are granted visitation. How terrible.

CJ

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With the way divorces are handed down, over 50% of American marriages end in divorce, what's the point of marriage? Hell, a vow of lifelong commitment to each other with out an official marriage license is a more symbolic measure of trust and devotion these days anyways. If a relationship is so strong and enduring it doesn't need a judges stamp to prove.

And why the gay community wants government marriage so bad is beyond me. It seems to me they have it better as it is. The lawyers fighting for gay marriage are merely licking their chops for the coming increase in divorces and associated attorney fees. Gay marriage will undoubtedly make divorce attorneys all that much more money.

If you have a bright future and see yourself doing well in the future make your decisions WISELY. That goes for women and men. There's plenty of men and women out there that will love the ride to your riches, and once there leave you in the ditches. I've seen it way too many times with couples I thought for sure would make it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When did this sight become divorce anonymous? You married her knowing that the American system is out to screw honest men because of dead beats. Sounds like your living just fine what's a few extra bucks out the back pocket?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2013 by TThrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gtbobcat

I appreciate your sentiments...karma has come to me. I am happy now and have things that are more precious than gold. Her? No friends, no money, no life. I wish for her it were different, again. I hope she finds happiness as it will translate to my children.

CJ

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

move to russia.. laws typically favor men there.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Why should laws favor one or the other?

CJ

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by votan

Why should laws favor one or the other?

CJ

I don't see anywhere in my comment about why believe laws should favor one or the other..
edit on 6-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Ok. I don't want to move to a place that has unfair laws against women.

CJ

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No way in hell laws are favouring men in the West during a Marriage/Child Custody/Divorce event.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by votan

Ok. I don't want to move to a place that has unfair laws against women.

CJ

well suck it up then. what do you want fairness for all?? would you like a side of world peace with that??

I don't understand why men get all surprised about how the laws favor women so much in the west. If you don't like it try to change it but considering anything you do to help men ends up being called war on women good luck with that. You can move to place where laws are fair to men but then you say you don't want that.

edit on 7-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Wow sounds like your laws are all screwed up over there!
When my x legged it she filed for divorce. I agreed on condition she had no financial claims on me whatsoever, she agreed and signed, Job done!

I did a similar thing, my solicitor/lawyer told me to agree to the divorce papers only on a "clean break" financial settlement, which I did and thankfully she can't chase me for anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

When my x legged it she filed for divorce. I agreed on condition she had no financial claims on me whatsoever, she agreed and signed, Job done!

I did a similar thing, my solicitor/lawyer told me to agree to the divorce papers only on a "clean break" financial settlement, which I did and thankfully she can't chase me for anything.

my brother in law and my sister did that. she didn't want anything from him. she left him the house, and everything they purchased together. all she took was her clothes. He lucked out that my sister was super pia.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

You said laws in Russia favor men. Re read your first post. This is a rant and yeah, I'm pissed off. What are you so angry about? And why should I suck it up? Of course I want fair laws, don't you?

CJ
edit on 7-8-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

In the state of Colorado she could. I too have an agreement regarding a "clean break". The divorce decree has no legal standing when she files bankruptcy and there are bills involving the children.

CJ

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Hey Brother all I can do is offer my support and wish you the best of luck man. You should be angry I know I would be I will drink a beer in your honor later tonight

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

Hey Brother all I can do is offer my support and wish you the best of luck man. You should be angry I know I would be I will drink a beer in your honor later tonight

Thanks Brotherman!

CJ

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
sounds like either theyre banking on kids med bills can be billed to you cause you are dad, they can bill her too shes mom, what the court said is what the court said, they didnt call the dentist or doctor or the landlord and say " hey, you no bill Bill to for rent, you bill becky now" thats your job to notify the doctor the land lord the mail man etc and let them know " we're divorced shes taking over the bill for cable" or he what ever it may be, the court papers just proves its legally so, not just Bill billing Becky for Bill's bills, untill then theyre just obligated to do business with you as they have in the past, and bills are automated most now days so its a computer that knows your dad shes mom either name can go on that bill, i get bills when the ins company takes too long to pay the doctors office, its phone call a reference number and done, or just ignore it and the ins will catch up, dont wait it works for me cause im covered for it you need to call and dispute and make your case. or cross the border to mexico change your name take the kids with, dont worry border control wont know what to think your going the wrong way theyll be so confused theyll think theyre at the wrong border.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
All I can say is do whatever you can to get her as out of your life as you can for as long as you can, Your child will eventually grow up and then you will be free of her. Some people are just walking disasters, sucking everyone and everything around them into the abyss. As you might have guessed I had an experience with someone similar, before she was finished, I lost my apartment, was 40k in debt and had my credit ruined. I divorced her, filed bankruptcy, and have since completely recovered (after a number of long hard years). The lesson I learned was that you have to be VERY careful who you let into your life. If I had it to do over again I would have been a lot more cautious and a lot less foolish.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Agreed and sorry to hear you had to go through that...like you say, you can get better and recover from it after years of being away. It is sort of funny how each time I think it is over she comes back, in some way, to make some of the pain resurface. The good thing is a few years ago I would have been destroyed, going over and over in my head why, when I tried so hard and always bent over backwards would she do this to me...now I just know it's because she is unstable and like you said, sucks everything into a negative vortex. At one point I thought I could help her see the light (another lesson learned - you can't change anyone) - but now I realize she doesn't want to change. Frankly she is too lazy to confront why she is so cruel and has no heart. Too bad. For me, I think it must be a terrible existence to have no idea what love and caring and responsibility are.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join