It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA is giving your phone records to the DEA. And the DEA is covering it up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The Drug Enforcement Administration has been the recipient of multiple tips from the NSA. DEA officials in a highly secret office called the Special Operations Division are assigned to handle these incoming tips, according to Reuters. Tips from the NSA are added to a DEA database that includes “intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records.” This is problematic because it appears to break down the barrier between foreign counterterrorism investigations and ordinary domestic criminal investigations.

Because the SOD’s work is classified, DEA cases that began as NSA leads can’t be seen to have originated from a NSA source.

So what does the DEA do? It makes up the story of how the agency really came to the case in a process known as “parallel construction.” Reuters explains:

Some defense lawyers and former prosecutors said that using “parallel construction” may be legal to establish probable cause for an arrest. But they said employing the practice as a means of disguising how an investigation began may violate pretrial discovery rules by burying evidence that could prove useful to criminal defendants.

www.washingtonpost.com...

There’s another reason the DEA would rather not admit the involvement of NSA data in its investigations: It might lead to a constitutional challenge to the very law that gave rise to the evidence.

Now we have the NSA sharing data with the DEA to help their cases against Americans.
And it has nothing to do with terrorism.
Unbelievable.......:shk:

We have the NSA collecting data from 300 million Americans all in the name of 'terrorism'.
What has the chatter coming from Yemen have to do with the average Joe back home watching Swamp People?
Not a damn thing!!!

This is extreme abuse of power that is spiraling out of control.
Every time I turn on the news, I wonder what next from these clowns in DC.

Seems like more and more info is being discovered with the NSA probe.

--------

ETA: Did a search and didn't find this. Please remove if already posted.

edit on 5-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is it ok If I post this pic here?

I'll edit it out of you don't like.

As to the DEA relationship with the NSA,
now the bribes from runners who magically never get caught
will have to get bigger and go all the way to the top.
I guess the NSA wants their cut.

Mike

edit on 5-8-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Needless to say, this is going to cause some major legal ripples concerning the right to a fair trial.
And not just anybody can get access to the NSA's data -- a lot of government request for access has been (for now) turned down if the demands are not at least remotely connected to terrorism or foreign intelligence.

Yet the DEA gets info for domestic crimes.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Not a problem.....

Off topic:
That beautiful lab in the bottom picture looks just like ours that we had to put down about a year or so ago.
Boy I miss him....

On topic:
We need to clean house with these alphabet agencies running amok.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

On topic:
We need to clean house with these alphabet agencies running amok.

That's easy,
yet radical,
in my mind.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Political parties are unconstitutional

The founding fathers already divided the powers into camps. Three of them. The legislative, Judicial, and executive. These three branches of government are supposed to disagree, argue, and fight. So no one group has _all_ the power.

The Party system, as it exists in America, undermines this. If one party gets a president, and a majority in the Legislature they have control of government. Judicial appointments are sure to follow. Clean sweep. Grand slam home run.

One should only be able to Join the Legislative party, Executive party, or Judicial party. If you want to run for President join the Executive party. If you want to be a supreme court judge or help them, join the Judicial party.

Political parties are unconstitutional.
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Why do I say this is the solution?

Because if we clear up the political confusion
the alphabet agencies wont have anywhere to hide.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What the Hell are they thinking. . .. .. . .? . .. I'm renewing my perscriptions over the phone?

What is even funnier is. . .. . the VAST Number. . . 1 person could spend their entire lifetime and not be able to sift through every record. That does Not include Every record that is being made while they are scouring the first pile of records.

L@@ks like we are gonna be payin' overtime for that.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Boy.
It's time to get encrypted chat and cellphone programs asap.
This is just crazy.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

People can always fall back to 1200/2400 baud modems in direct connection basis. At least a fair % of us should still recall how to set all that up to operate properly. Heck, BBS's would be fun and pretty wild with no local call zones for just about all calling plans.

I wonder if they're as plugged in to monitor the things of a past era as they are focused on the high tech of today's edge and what 99% of people use? There was quite a bit that would make those get fussy and drop sync/connection. Tapping was almost impossible for that reason, as I recall those times. I wonder if it would be any easier now? It removes the entire network issue though. Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

What the Hell are they thinking. . .. .. . .? . .. I'm renewing my perscriptions over the phone?

I do the same for my husband. His meds are due every 3 months [cheaper that way with his insurance] and I key in about 10 prescriptions with their RX numbers......lots and lots of numbers!!!!

So on their end of the line all they will hear is:
*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep*

Well you get the picture............

edit on 5-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by grey580

People can always fall back to 1200/2400 baud modems in direct connection basis. At least a fair % of us should still recall how to set all that up to operate properly. Heck, BBS's would be fun and pretty wild with no local call zones for just about all calling plans.

I wonder if they're as plugged in to monitor the things of a past era as they are focused on the high tech of today's edge and what 99% of people use? There was quite a bit that would make those get fussy and drop sync/connection. Tapping was almost impossible for that reason, as I recall those times. I wonder if it would be any easier now? It removes the entire network issue though. Just an idea.

Myself I think it goes back to 1983 at least.
Any device with sound,
or a sound card.

Right before soundcards rolled out for home computers
this movie was released, wiki / Wargames
featuring a Talking Computer.

In my opinion it was a Big Media / Government collaboration.

But I was building computers at home at the time,
and had never seen a new piece of tech roll out
so simultaneously from multiple vendors,
so bug free, and so anticipated by a Movie,
before it was available on the market.

Of course when I told people this in the 80's and 90's they would call me a conspiracy theorist.
That was an insult in those days.

These days people just wonder "how much" the-powers-that-be are listening.
Not if.

Mike

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Boy.
It's time to get encrypted chat and cellphone programs asap.
This is just crazy.

Figured some one pretty soon will come up with a device that you put in the phone to scramble the signal.
Hey it works in the movies !!

Think of the money they would make off such a device....$$$$$$...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I was explaining this situation to a girl in her 20's. She leads a bible study group and listens to both old and new country. She said this is all really boring. I said I think the agencies are counting on her thinking that. I then suggested that we just go ahead and change our constitution to make all these searches legitimate. She said that we shouldn't because she doesn't like change

I think if someone made a biting and amusing commentary, America the Musical, the population might begin to pay attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What people needs to understand is that this no limited to government agencies, the data mining of Americans under the NSA is money, billions and billions of dollar in information that any private corporate agency will pay just to get their hands on it.

This is the wet dream come true of the corporate dictatorship running the nation, getting their dirty and greedy hands on personal information to profit from with direct and more personalized propaganda targeting

Our information is been sold and that is one of the biggest secret of the NSA corruption.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Our information is been sold

The thought had crossed my mind. Do you have a source?

top topics

join