It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Demands Government Supervision of Apple's Itunes & App Store

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Holder MUST go...

Homeland security MUST go...

People need to remind the government that they serve the people and not the other way around. I urge everyone to contact your reps and demand action on Holder.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Holder should spend his time taking care of real issues ... like Fast and Furious ... instead of playing with Apple and the Zimmerman trial.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I am interested in what SO had to say.....regarding the royalties. It would take a pretty serious story to get me on Apples side.

This is the kind of think Jobs was trying to correct by settling on a higher price standard...
Do Authors Deserve a Higher eBook Royalty Rate?
Hardcover: publisher profit: $5.67, author royalty: $4.20
Ebook: publisher profit: $7.87, author royalty: $2.62
In order to appease the big publishers, there needed to be a standardized minor lift in the retail price.

And TechDirt: Author Says eBooks Will Hurt Authors Because Of Royalty Rates

The e-book does seem at the moment to threaten the livelihood of writers, because the way in which writers are paid for their work in the form of e-books is very much up in the air.

Jobs was trying to solidify this in the same way he did the cost of digital music downloads. The consumer benefited because of the wide variety of available content, and if authors didn't see an economic advantage, there wouldn't be a wide variety of eBook content. This is also the reason JK Rawlings went around her publisher and sold ebooks direct.

But even self-publishing doesn't look all that promising: The eBook Path to Riches: Possibly Steeper Than Assumed.

Just about all of this is based on the Amazon ebook store, as it's by far the largest. A former advertising colleague of mine is now an editor at Harper Collins, and much of this comes from her... but she's not going on record (sorry).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join