It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have read statements that say this is equal to 82 hiroshimas of radioactive waste a day, to 112 hiroshiamas an HOUR. (Google it, I have no idea of this statement has any basis in reality, but since the news isn't covering it...

Here's the 64K question. Is this a potential E.L.E? Why would I ask such a "silly" question? Here's the answer.

What do you think will happen to the Ring of Fire earthquake region when these puppies explode underground when/if they hit the Earth;s mantle?

Any takers on that one?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Is it possible to transport this water through radioactive closed pipes , to a not yet build facility that evaporate the water and filter out the raw radioactive material that then could be stored in radioactive proof containers to store them away ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"
They must understand that strong fire can be extinguished only with fire.

They must bomb the site with a certain type of material to make the cores melt ,to go deep in the ground before will be too late,this way in a short period of time the area will be free of emanating radiation .

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

That may have been doable in 2011, (with political consequences no one would fall on the sword for) but now?

Pffttt. No way in hades is that doable now. (IMHO)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
reply to post by piequal3because14

That may have been doable in 2011, (with political consequences no one would fall on the sword for) but now?

Pffttt. No way in hades is that doable now. (IMHO)
"Today" doesn't matter,only the future matters,still is time for such an operation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Does anyone out there know how to fix this!

I only know how to fix the stupid part. Drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigman

I am with you here...it's an unprecedented catastrophe happening
in slow slow motion.. silently.

Nuking the spot is the only answer that I can find anywhere that would have some moderate success.
But leaking this stuff into the ocean for a thousand years is in, my opinion the end of us.

....and funny thing is .. you could hear a pin drop there is so little noise.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We are destroying this planet, our spaceship; unique, exquisite, delicate and beautiful...for how long??i]reply to post by R_Clark

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This seems to be their current plan
Mainichi

Groundwater contaminated with radioactive substances from the No. 1 plant's stricken reactors has likely been flowing into the ocean with the rise and fall of the tide. To counteract the seepage, the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) ordered TEPCO on Aug. 2 to pump out groundwater before it reaches the waterfront.

TEPCO's pumping plans call for sinking a well on the site and pumping out some 100 metric tons of groundwater per day. The above-ground storage tanks for contaminated water are, however, already almost full, and the utility is considering using the No. 2 reactor turbine building and other alternative sites to store the groundwater.

To prevent contaminated groundwater from reaching the ocean, TEPCO had already begun work on a subterranean wall made by applying sodium silicate -- or "liquid glass" -- to soil near the ocean, hardening it and creating a barrier. However, getting the wall all the way up to the last 1.8 meters beneath the surface is not technically feasible.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasmagoric
We are destroying this planet, our spaceship; unique, exquisite, delicate and beautiful...for how long??i]reply to post by R_Clark

I agree! This just a very sad and the catastrophe seems to grow. And those tides of nuclear infected waters are heading East. Hawaii and then the West Coast of North America. Then, the ultimate affect on the eco-systems, water life could be change and in some cases lost forever.

Not trying to paint and alarmist scenario, but in reality this affects the World Community in someway. I have wished for a long time that as part of the United Nations or something similar by this point in our Worlds history that 'WE' as a human species could have come together 'united' to deploy Rapid Disaster Teams to handle these any other disasters that affect mankind. Perhaps I'm a dreamer, but if we had such a team, organization that could be on scene almost immediately. I am growing more concerned each day over the long term implications of this disaster. God help us all and this beautiful planet that we call home. Peace

edit on 6-8-2013 by ItDepends because: correction of statement

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Hawaii, and then the East Coast?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Warning Rant ahead:

Where are the defenders, the shills, the trolls? Where are they now???????

I, and many other concerned and sensible folks occupied several threads appearing after the Fukashima nightmare began. Each thread was populated with dozens of "you don't know ^&*t, you jack-ass" trolls and the like, all pointing out how foolish those of us who were concerned were, how we didn't understand science.

So, the biggest question is, who are these people? Who are the people who felt the need to defend this horror instead of error on the side of safety? I cannot understand the mentality of one who sees this scenario as okay, a scenario of radioactive waste pouring in the ocean, a clean up being done by an economically and morally bankrupt company, a system of clean up that even by the best of scenarios will take 40 years - 40 years of unstoppable dumping into the oceans and a clean up that will only happen if enough people don't give a crap about their lives to take the pittance offered to kill themselves sticking their finger in the dyke.

Folks actually, inexplicably, stated this wasn't an issue because science, the same science that brought us the disaster btw, said radiation in the food chain has never been proven to be an issue. If there was anyone that was due a public mob attacking it is these folks, yet they hide, the hide beneath the earth somewhere - the earth that is now poisoned forever, still living the delusional lie.

Did these people really believe the "fee and safe nuclear energy" bull#*&t created by the military PR folks who desperately needed "fee and safe nuclear fuel for weapons to assure the death of those using the free and safe nuclear energy?"

Immoral people like those who built this mess and cover this mess up suffer nothing, as they have no moral center to confound them. The only suffer a meaningless death, alone, abandoned by those around them, clinging to some notion that the byproduct waste of Hanford, San Onofre and Fukashima that is killing people is a good thing especially if it means easier to use weapons to kill all people with. Nuclear power only exists to create weapons grade fuel, the place of such nuclear fuel creators in Earthquake Zones, Population Centers and Tsunami Zones was thought of as SENSIBLE by these vermin, SENSIBLE?????

This planet isn't the least evolved there is, but it is so far from evolved it strikes me as funny, considering how those on it actually think this kind of humanity expression is evolved. Those who run the planet think there is no danger in gasoline and matches, really, and those think there is are to be killed off as naysayers and deniers - evolved?

Someone once said this is first realm where there is hope, sadly all there is is hope.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by ItDepends

Hawaii, and then the East Coast?

Yes, just thinkig about after the initial tsunami and disaster at the nuclear plant, within months debris, personal belonging from Japan started hitting up and down the coast line....Ooops, I see my mistake, meant to say West Coast of North America....that the nuclear waste would find it's way East in the Pacific to the West Coast of North America.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"...and when you kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill many, you're a conqueror. Kill them all, and you're a God!"

Megadeth, Captive Honor.

The reaction of the people responsible for Fukashima...to me, is akin to the way a heroin addict would go about trying to stop his/her addiction. Pride (I can handle this), then Denial, then Lying, then Finally saying ok I'm messed up so bad now I need help. This usually happens way too late, the asking for help part. Seems that's what's happened here as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Random question here as I'm quite ignorant on nuclear matters. From what I understand they're using water to cool the core and keep it from going critical. However, the core is still hot enough that it's going into the earth and contaminating everything in it's path. I know places like Hiroshima have radiation levels post bombing that are safe, but places like Chernobyl are still quite dangerous.

What would be the effects both short and long term compared to leaving things as they are now, if they added enough nuclear material and removed the cooling to turn the Fukushima core into a nuclear bomb to vaporize the material? I know that's a lot of damage short term (though it's also somewhat), but would that actually be a better result long term?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
could someone explain to me what effects this will have both long time and short. will it completely pollute the pacific?

I realise I probably sound very stupid but would like to know just how serious this is.

thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

you should never feel stupid for asking a genuine question about something your concenrned about, all questions should be treated with equal valididty

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Does anyone out there know how to fix this!

Too late, Genie is out of the bottle. Pandora's box is open. The King has no clothes.

And all the kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

Stay out of the rain- simple enough

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

So, the biggest question is, who are these people? Who are the people who felt the need to defend this horror instead of error on the side of safety?

They started early. Company spokespersons sold it to children on "field trips"...

Did these people really believe the "free and safe nuclear energy" bull#*&t created by the military PR folks who desperately needed "free and safe nuclear fuel for weapons to assure the death of those using the free and safe nuclear energy?"

Yep. Hence the term "nuclear" power. It was sold in the senate committee meeting during the approval process. One of the company spokespersons held up a glass of drinking water and said theres enough potential energy in this glass to power a city for a year. Clean energy too. Without any smog or water pollution like coal and oil.

It a new source of power, a clear source (clear as the glass of water). "NEW" and "CLEAR"... nuclear

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Omg . Holy crap . the world is ending . No but really they said '' Tepco admitted on Friday that a cumulative 20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive may have leaked into the sea since the disaster '' Now what I really would like to know is . What that means .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join