It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

I've been just praying the the planet has an intelligence of it's own and knows how to deal with our screw-ups because the people runnng they show obviously haven't a clue.

If this planet is alive, it's best bet is to let us all die of radiation poisoning. It, and the animals that live and contribute to the cycle, will be better off without the virus of humanity raping, killing, and pillaging everything

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Tepco's challenge from the last sentence of the article:

How to prevent water, tainted with radioactive elements like cesium, from flowing into the ocean.

Unfortunately, it's not humanly possible. Maybe they can delay the water from getting back into the ocean a little, but that's it. Even if the workers didn't have to worry about dying after a few minutes of exposer time it'd be a difficult task. The amount of water that's becoming radioactive is way more than can ever be contained.
And contained for how long? Hundreds of years? Thousands?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumshoe

Well there is the problem of critical mass.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why they haven't developed a program to launch nuclear waste into the sun is beyond me...are costs more important than the future of our planet?

400 tonnes of water would be almost impossible to store, just launch it into the sun and let it burn off.

In this topsy turvy world.. money is the God of all
Corporations.

It is the mindset of power and control.

Hate em!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigman

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Why cant they pump it into steel/lead drums and bury it in some old mine shaft like they do with the rest of the waste.
edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

400 tonnes of water a day is hard to store.. think of the containers needed to store
that amount of water , and the the space to store it, and then maintain it.
for a thousand years or something this will go on.

Stupid fools.. and still they build them.

Yeah most of the containers were thrown together with used factory leftovers when some of the industries were outsourced to China and Korea and anywhere there is cheap labor. On top of that they used crappy bolts to throw them together. So take in the rust and salt and ionizing radiation because at the time that is all they had to work with, should make them useless in 3-5years. Also the fact that the holding tanks are not seismic proof. The water they are holding in those tanks would make Hanford blush with envy. Some of the nastiest stuff from the early days full of cesium "pick a number", tritium, plutonium, americium and so on.

If a solid 7 hit that plant I suspect if the tanks would topple or burst it would be lights out rendering the place uninhabitable thus unknown. I say unknown because I do not know. Nobody really knows, we have never been here before, It's all theory, with 3 reactor cores (one mox) melted down 200m into a aquifer cooling itself into the breadbasket of the world. Unrecoverable and hot for umm What's the half life of out of control Plutonium...

Japan was a dying country before 3-11 with too many old people and the young not producing offspring or jetting off to Amerika. This news will only speed the flight from Japan.

Everything I said above is just "Theory" But if your into the Illuminati Then Its a Emergency Level Event is just them laughing at us.

Hi NSA
sorry to use so many "keywords" please knock before entering and don't shoot the pets.

I'm going to go further and say it was the Illuminati's plan to let this get as bad and unmanageable as possible, and then proceed to do as much of nothing as any nothing for anything can possibly be done. Nero fiddling was there already planned strategy for this.

Japan's sensory-overload, nausea inducing, candy coated, rainbow colored pop culture is the largest, if not primary, reason for the younger generation not giving 2 hoots about family or kids. It's hedonism x10 to the max over there. Fantasy is reality for young folk in that country.

And i'm sorry to say friend, with the type of roided, Alpha bro, pee brained tough guy personalities filling the ranks of police and federal tactical op units, they would kick in a partially opened door and shoot a caged, and see a caged, sleeping animal as a threat that needs elimination.
edit on 6-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Giant earthquake plus Tsunami and they get a nuclear plant meltdown. Unfortunately, unlike the primarily localized effects like at Chernobyl (several hundred miles) this one will be world-wide simply because of the proximity to the Pacific ocean. I think they've had the best minds working on a potential solution--and there simply isn't one.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by dawnstar

I've been just praying the the planet has an intelligence of it's own and knows how to deal with our screw-ups because the people runnng they show obviously haven't a clue.

If this planet is alive, it's best bet is to let us all die of radiation poisoning. It, and the animals that live and contribute to the cycle, will be better off without the virus of humanity raping, killing, and pillaging everything

Naw, it's better to let us all live to learn a lesson. It's a pretty lame parent that lets their child die from a foolish mistake. Besides, it and the animals that contribute to the cycle can be reborn anew. But an opportunity for us all to learn such a potent lesson can't be.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffo
reply to post by rigel4

TO be fair, the mainstream has been reporting this for like two weeks now, so you're off base and a little behind the curve. Just saying.

Accepted

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"A global environmental catastrophe" is how geologist Glenn B. Stracher described the situation.

No, not Fukushima. Underground coal fires in China.

He estimated that the Chinese fires alone consume 120 million tons of coal annually. That's almost as much as the annual coal production in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Illinois combined.
Each year they release 360 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, as much as all the cars and light trucks in the United States.
The cloud causes acid rain that damages crops, cuts sunlight reaching the ground by 10 to 15 percent, and has been implicated in thousands of annual lung disease deaths.

old.post-gazette.com...

And that's Just in Northern China. So how many deaths from pollution, how much global warming from CO2 if you add in all the coal fires in India, the USA and all the rest? Why don't you all worry about this instead about a tiny amount of radiation that will have no effect on anyone, ever. You'd all rather burn even more coal, or oil, to add to that of the underground fires? Nuclear power is the ONLY safe, clean, sustainable source of energy until (if) they ever get fusion working, and the deaths attributable to direct or indirect causes related to nuclear power generation are almost non-existent.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

because we dont care to fix our own problems ourselves

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
That is one of the most awesome rants I have ever read.

Agree 100 percent.

Originally posted by coastlinekid
We must figure out a way to put what you said on a BUMPER STICKER !!!

You nailed it!!!!

....maybe micro letters that EXPAND when your eyes look at them,... got it! LOL

For the both of you, Thank you for the kind words. I am just calling this nightmare like I see it. This madness has no end, it's such a shame. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Not saying our forced coal and oil use is anything to be pleased with, but...

The main problem with the way nuclear is currently executed is the fact that waste disposal isn't considered as part of the process.

The U.S. Department of Energy released the Strategy for the Management and Disposal of Used Nuclear Fuel and High-Level Radioactive Waste (local copy of pdf).

A blue ribbon panel was formed in 2010 who's report was issued in 2012 that says:

"With the appropriate authorizations from Congress, the Administration currently plans to implement a program over the next 10 years that:

"Blah blah blah" that amounts to let's look a what can be done and suggest ways of doing it...oh and let's drag it out to he middle of the century just talking about the issue.

All of his while places like Hanford are rife with corruption and no oversight or planning for what anyone with common sense could foresee.

Don't put highly toxic, nuclear weapons waste in containment vessels that can easily corrode. And especially don't situate them where the damage can't be gotten to or repaired.

The back end of the fuel cycle is where the main problems lie. I know Generation IV reactors can process the spent fuel we have and reduce its volume considerably.

But there aren't many countries pursuing this as it results in no material that can be used for weapons processing.

edit on 6-8-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

The Plutonium Gang - The men that are tackling Hanford, and possibly Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Someone mentioned that 400 tons of contaminated water would be impossible to store, but errrr... Isnt that like, a drop in the ocean compared to what a single super tanker carry (100,000+ tons of oil)? Hey maybe even park two of those half million ton tankers outside fukushima and you got some spare capacity.
edit on 6-8-2013 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What's one turd in the the punch-bowl?

Go ahead drink up.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Japan glowing in the dark yet?

After 2 years of threads.

Danger!

Danger!

Fukishima!

Danger !

It's like to boy who cried wolf.

Sorry I become apathetic to it.

No offense.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have good news for the world end lovers, the radiation and poisoned underground water will soon enter the Pacific.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Tepco's "sense of crisis is weak," Kinjo said.

Placing high ranking executives in front of a firing squad has a way of bringing clarity to any situation.

BTW at maximum we are talking about 1000 curies total - enough to kill 1000 humans easily outright but diffused in the totality of 1.3 billion cubic kilometers of water - probably of little actual consequence.
edit on 6-8-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ya know, i was largely apathetic towards it too. Until now, now it's becoming like the prologue of a great science fiction story or some japanese anime.

After years of lies the secret could not be contained any further, the numerous failures of the men responsible for controlling Japan's greatest power source had led to our destruction. Nuclear waste poured into our oceans, massive amounts of radiation soaked into our land.

Life, twisted and cruel, began to thrive.

Now it just needs a really threatening mutant. Maybe a panda or something similar to give it some juice.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
Tepco's "sense of crisis is weak," Kinjo said.

Placing high ranking executives in front of a firing squad has a way of bringing clarity to any situation.

BTW at maximum we are talking about 1000 curies total - enough to kill 1000 humans easily outright but diffused in the totality of 1.3 billion cubic kilometers of water - probably of little actual consequence.

go much, much higher and have it flow 24/7/365 and be cumulative and thats just the water, but yeah no need to worry about fukushima.

tepco got us covered.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join