It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

"The Japanese are smarter than you or I could ever hope to be." Wow, what an amazingly racist thing to say.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh...I could have told you Tepco was incompetent, just for building a nuclear reactor ontop of a fault in an area that is very prone to have quakes. This has gone way beyond pointing the finger at the tsunami, all the tsunami did was point out their stupidity and make them pay for it out the nose and God alone knows who else will pay for their stupidity.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Hmmm.....Why would any sane individual put a nuclear plant in an area frequented by quakes and with a higher than average tsunami danger? I guess the Japanese aren't as smart as they think they are. I think that half the nuclear plants in the USA are not in safe areas. Stupidity is a worldwide event.

What are the other options? Whole Japan is prone to earthquakes and tsunamis, they should build their plants in Siberia? Right now we got no alternative for nuclear power, sadly. Next step would be thorium-reactors, but since Thorium cannot be used for nuclear bombs, we will never get those reactors. Thorium reactor cannot experience meltdown or hydrogen explosion, it works in atmospheric pressure and chain reaction can be stopped instantly. Even better would be fusion reaction, but it still takes hundreds of years to make it possible.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
From day one here in Japan this mess has been out of control. The reason it got out of control so quickly is what the entire system here in Japan was totally not ready for this. They had spend several decades playing politics and covering each other`s butts. That allowed the system to become totally unable to deal with any major nuclear meltdown. The dirty wash is hung out to dry almost daily here in Japan since 3/11.

What TEPCO usually does is lie about the actual situation until the media or a government agency pressures them to spill the beans. A lot of people who keep up with Fukushima have watched a situation that started out really bad and slowly become a nightmare waiting to happen.

Looks like we just got closer to that nightmare.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Veritas Radio | Whistleblower Pattie Brassard | Second Sun w/ 7 planets around it approaching.

She talks about Fukushima and the strontium isn't just from fukushima either. For someone who the debunkers are going to have a field day with, she has far too much information for my liking.

The bone and arthritis symptoms, everyone's getting this. There is no reason on earth that so many people under the age of 50 or around that are having these symptoms. And children.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

It's times like this I wish we had friendly USO-piloting aliens who might utilise some of their magnificent technologies to avert the absolute disaster these Fukushima Events/ Gulf Oil Spills foreshadow.

If we indeed have allies at the bottom of the ocean, as some believe, they might well be taking action already without our knowledge. They wouldn't want toxic water any more than we do, right?

Just a thought.

FITO.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Aliens were on the way to help out Humanity right up to the point we made the planet such a mess there was little point in wasting the star drive fuel. They have a saying on Antares; "You can't fix stupid".

We be a pretty stupid species.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity - I’m listening now - thank you for the post.
I’m looking forward to commenting after taking this time to listen.

Edit to add: Already hearing the prediction the 17th of this months is going to make everything a lot worse (huge quakes in Seattle and Cali)...

Interesting listen so far already...

Thanks again,
peace

edit on 6-8-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I watched this disaster unfold from day one. I remember watching the explosions on live TV and delving into research everything I could about nuclear power generation and a host of ancillary topics.

I came back out of that rabbit hole absolutely shocked at what I had learned.

Before the foundations were even poured for the site, this was doomed to happen.

And they knew...

They hired sesimologists who warned against placing the plant here due to the danger of tsunami. Tepco ignored them.

The problems were greatly exacerbated by years of an industry left to regulate itself and an unholy amount of revolving doors between government and the nuclear power industry. Years of corruption, lax (nonexistent, really) safety standards, kickbacks, bribes, etc make this one of the LARGEST acts of criminal negligence the world has ever seen.

To those of you suggesting shooting this stuff in to space:

Dumb idea #2: Send the nuke waste into space! Yeeehaw, let aliens deal with it.

Do you have any idea how much nuke fuel weighs? 1(ONE) typical spent fuel cask weighs 151tonnes. Do you know what kinda ummmmmph (thrust) you need to send 151 tons into space? The more weight you are sending up the more fuel you need to send it up, the more fuel you are carrying the more weight you have. At a certain point, you reach negative returns... you can't carry enough fuel to reach escape velocity. For comparison, the usual max payload for the space shuttle including crew and toothpaste was about 23 tonnes. Now look at this little fact:

With 134 missions, and the total cost of US$192 billion (in 2010 dollars), this gives approximately $1.5 billion per launch over the life of the program.

Now that includes Nasa's buildings, paperclips and janitors, but most of the cost of a launch is the fuel. FUEL. Now, given your payload, assuming you could even reach escape velocity, which you couldn't, you would need approx 8x the thrust/cost etc. Now, that's just for ONE CASK. 12 billion $$ for one cask. Annnd.... what if the space vehicle does a Columbia on it's way up?....Hmmm. Wa Wa Wa... flush.

We need to get beyond dumping our problems on future generations and think of energy sources that are sustainable.

Source

Wert's post on page 1108 of Fukushima mega-thread

And the water has been leaking in to the Pacific from the moment the earth shattered beneath the plant, before the tsunami ever even arrived.

Any number of people who have followed the Mega thread can tell you this, this is nothing new and was known about by many.

Tepco has said for a long time that "the technology to deal with this does not yet exist," so they are engaging in an ongoing, live, real-time experiment in Corium Quenching.

There is nothing else they can do other than try and slake the dragon's thirst all the while hoping that someone, somewhere in the world, figures out how to stop 3 uncontrolled and uncontrollable nuclear melt downs.

If you're just joining, I feel sorry for the pain and confusion you are about to experience.

If you've been aware this entire time, I need say no more.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWhiteKnight
# 22

Waiting for phage. He'll be along shortly. There's no way he'd sit this one out. It's science. Hell, looks like 'free energy' to me. Our bright future.

I've got time, buddy. Right here when you finish debunking all the hysteria surrounding GMOs....
edit on 6-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: March 10 2011 did someone mention Thorium...? As in why do threads re Thorium always disappear?

edit on 6-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

What a sad post...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Not that I don't agree that Fukushima is a serious issue, because it is, but the soure of your article leaves a bad taste in my mouth mainly because it was "Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/05/2013 10:44 -0400".

Fictional character submitted the story, makes it hard to take it seriously even though it's about something that likely isn't false but it does lack credibility as a result.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
This is bad........and it will likely go mostly unreported.
It's so bad no-one has a clue what to do, and because it is silent

reuters is reporting it so its pretty public. But youre right the msn will probably leave it alone.

preview.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why they haven't developed a program to launch nuclear waste into the sun is beyond me...are costs more important than the future of our planet?

400 tonnes of water would be almost impossible to store, just launch it into the sun and let it burn off.

Ah yes, brilliant idea! Now what happens when a rocket carrying 500 tons of nuclear waste fails and explodes in the upper atmosphere?

I bet that'd be one hell of a colorful sunset............

And yes, as far as american "news" is concerned it might be worth listing on the ticker that streams across the bottom screen while we talk about the real crisis in the world, cheating baseball players.....

As an aside this situation is not really that bad. This is nothing that nature can not contain and manage all on her own, even if we can not. There are naturally occurring nuclear reactors. Since 1940 the humans race has detonated over 2,000 atomic weapons easily out doing any radiation leak fukushima is capable of. There have been over 200 atomic warheads used in the ocean by the US alone.

It will devastate the local ocean environment, contaminate the pacific on a global scale, produce all kinds of new toxic bacteria, kill millions of animals, but in 150-200 years it will balance out enough to have just been a bad weekend on geological scale.

60,000 years from now the evidence of our ridiculous experiments with atomic energy will be undetectable. The real shame is that alot of this nuclear "waste" is a viable fuel source. To bad we don't have a strong enough super conducting magnet to contain the material.

Small amounts of radio active material can be contained using a magnetic field of sufficient strength, building such a device capable of handeling fuku would be a world wide endeavor, certinaly wont happen.

Here's some food for thought for those of you who have never seen this video:

edit on 6-8-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

All right, finally a closer doomsday
I was getting a little depressed because some were saying 2020, I may be dead in seven years.
That's a long interview, I had to do other things while listening.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffo
reply to post by Snsoc

"The Japanese are smarter than you or I could ever hope to be." Wow, what an amazingly racist thing to say.

I think I read somewhere that on average Asiains have a higher IQ than Caucasians.. I do not know if this makes them smarter or not.
Smartness in this case would be a international effort to sort this mess out. It is evident that it is above the Remit of Japan alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffo
reply to post by Snsoc

Japan is a nation not a race.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Topco news conference on ENE News, quote; the discharge is beyond our control. If this is a world killer then why all the politics, why is no one doing anything....................... maybe there is no need to.

I suggest there is something more devastating then this coming our way.............what is it??...........does it really matter, if we as a species can't fix Fukushima why would we worry about something worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Remember when the US gov said that the rad levels along the coast line wasn't that high. So since Japan has lied how bad it really is, how could those tests that was supposedly taken read no changes or show no rise in radiation?? I smell BS a typical government hush hush. Oh everything is ok just go to sleep and everything will be alright radiation is good for you.
edit on 6-8-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
u know there is a reason we call the earth's core. "the Core"
the earths core,, is it nuclear and are we sitting on the the crust?
are we about too experience the big bang,, up close and personal?

ohh and why are melted slags of nuclear core so dangerous?
well there hot, real,real,hot.

and if one hot core enters another hot core? what might be the resultant nuclear result?
edit on 6-8-2013 by BobAthome because: let me help,, E=mc2

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why they haven't developed a program to launch nuclear waste into the sun is beyond me...are costs more important than the future of our planet?

400 tonnes of water would be almost impossible to store, just launch it into the sun and let it burn off.

Well for one, the logistics of doing that is infeasible.

Infographic

1- Cost of transporting millions of gallons of radioactive water.
2- Cost of creating storage facilities for all that water.
3- Cost of building the launch facility.
4- Cost of each non-recyclable launch vehicle... we are talking about a never-ending drain on resources.
5- Cost of clean up for every dramatically failed launch, mass production + human error + duration of program ... EG there will be catastrophic failures.
6- Funding.

M.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join