It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Came across this recently and thought to post it. At least there is still real consideration and empathy in a country facing dangerous radiation exposure.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Isn't it ironic that most nuclear power plants are built near the ocean for safety reasons but in this case the ocean itself is causing the most trouble. Not just the tsunami, but the continuing damage caused by the salt water and tides.
I wonder how different things would have been with the cleanup if the reactors were somewhere inland.

I'm glad they finally decommissioned the San Onofre plant here in Southern California ( also built on the coastline ).

What's even more ironic is that nuclear power plants require abundant cool water to operate, so that as climate change causes warmer temperatures and droughts, the surface water necessary for these reactors will literally dry up. This has already happened on occasion in the US, including recently. This is something nuclear proponents DO NOT EVER discuss.

Also, most nuclear plants in the world aren't right on the ocean, but rather are along rivers.

But the most ironic/moronic thing is that Japan, a very seismically active region also known to have very large tsunamis and the only country directly attacked with atomic weapons went so heavily into nuclear power in the first place. Apparently the Godzilla movies never quite got their underlying message across.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

It is a beautiful display of heroism we have something to learn from this culture, it truly is an amazing one. Sometimes as a whole in regards to humanity things can sway one from the brink of a thought one way to another with a display of compassion and honor. This is one of those IMO

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
So we now have 432 official nuclear reactors active and 68 under construction. If something goes wrong we can't do anything to solve it and the radioactive materials will be exposed to the enviroment for 1000s years or so.
So for having the energy to run industries that build mostly useless plastic sh*t we really don't need, and our other various energy hungry activities, we have made a worldwide nuclear minefield for our children to live in...?
What if a natural disaster wipes out our civilization and after 500 years or so the humans and animals try to repopulate the earth they will have no idea they are leaving in a nuclear minefield.

how stupid f@cking selfish bastards we are.
If there is no way to deal with a nuclear disaster, WHY THE HELL do you build the f@cking plants,
is our current economy more significant than the future of life on earth?
Obviously for some it is...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

In about 10s of thousands of years some idiot will claim aliens when archaeologists dig sites up with radioactivity because the past will be forgotten by the future and the reminants will only be known by word of mouth flying machines, great wars, and powerful machines etc etc it is happening all over again

sorry for my sarcasm it may have been distasteful

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm reading many comments saying a special bomb may be the only thing to stop it.

The irony.

Japan destroyed and its people killed by huge bombs and now some sort of special big bomb may be the only thing to save them.

What a terrible world we have made...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

"Irony is the glue that binds the world"

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

I'm reading many comments saying a special bomb may be the only thing to stop it.

The irony.

Japan destroyed and its people killed by huge bombs and now some sort of special big bomb may be the only thing to save them.

What a terrible world we have made...

cant see that working at all, just people talking out their butts is all that amounts to. you drop a nuke and risk adding the meltdown of 6 reactors to the nuke, 2 of which i believe are housing MOX fuel, that's one big ass no no right there. also that would do nothing to the molten cores that are already, more than likely, quite a ways down in the earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I wonder if more will blame Japan for this or the act of god that happened back on March 11th???

Oh, the Act of God made it happen. The human response made it a catastrophe. Credit where credit is due.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: added quote

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jhn7537

I wonder if more will blame Japan for this or the act of god that happened back on March 11th???

Oh, the Act of God made it happen. The human response made it a catastrophe. Credit where credit is due.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: added quote

Just wondering what would have been the best response ( actual on hands )?

I mean we had a lot of suggestions Right after the explosions.

What do you think anyone could have done once they Blew UP ?

Just wondering...

JG.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

Well in all fairness to the Japanese, the official timeline of events doesn't show that they could have done much differently in the days of the early events. The only way to prevent what happened would have been simple enough to have been the world's largest facepalm if there were room for even a little humor in any of this. Units # 5 and # 6 at Fukushima ought to still be in condition to go operational if they were crazy enough to do it on general principle. The difference between those 2 and the 4 that were destroyed? Yards of elevation. Just raising generators capable of powering them instead of having them at ground level outside, would have prevented what happened.

AFTER the fact though? It comes in into the response and how the Japanese have been insulated and almost entirely isolationist about the information, process and facts relating to what's happening out there. This, while turning down pretty much all measurable offerings of help from the outside. Now, this wouldn't necessarily be an issue if they weren't having these little surprises and new major crisis come up regularly enough to be very rude...but the fact is, they are.

Completion of Steel Framing - Unit # 4 / May 30, 2013

Debris Removal Continues - Unit # 3 / May 30, 2013

Progress of Unit # 1 / May 2013

Sorry I don't have anything more recent to share but the site that carries so much of this I've been using to closely watch this hasn't had anything more recent that I can find right now.

If that's the very best response mankind can mount to the threat of multiple (STILL in meldown) nuclear cores in a "quasi-stable" condition with NO proper containment...to this day? Then we have no business doing anything WITH nuclear power at all. If that is NOT the best response mankind can mount, given it's potential as a global threat, then WHY NOT? There, is where Tokyo and TEPCO can share the majority of blame, I believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is 5 shades of jacked up. Watch out Cali!
I wouldn't be swimming in the ocean anytime soon.

How does this company not have ALL hands on deck? Every last employee should be on site trying to rectify this situation.

Who cares huh? Profits are steady.

TEPCO Stock chart

Linky 2

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Truly a noble offer. I think the Japanese honor self-sacrifice as a great virtue, lends itself to the hive mentality where the community is more important than the individual.

Think of the Japanese workers at Fukushima -- they know their work there is going to kill them sooner rather than later.

I am truly saddened for what this means for the Japanese in Japan -- they're on the frontline of this world catastrophe. We get to watch a preview of what's headed our way.

Love Japanese art & graphics, among other things.
edit on 7-8-2013 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

In about 10s of thousands of years some idiot will claim aliens when archaeologists dig sites up with radioactivity because the past will be forgotten by the future and the reminants will only be known by word of mouth flying machines, great wars, and powerful machines etc etc it is happening all over again

sorry for my sarcasm it may have been distasteful

It's true. I believe Blond ETs created us, but I also believe that humans created technologically advanced civilizations long ago. Sophisticated human civilizations have risen and fallen over & over again. Homo sapiens sapiens is much, much older than current scientists/academics would even consider as possible.

I am not a Neo-Nazi. The current edition of mankind is ONE species -- despite all the superficial differences.
The "Master Race" is NOT human.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh my! There she goes into the sea!

Fukushima is going over the barrier, news reporting now!

Fukushima's 'chemical wall' fails to protect Pacific Ocean

A "chemical wall" built in June has failed to contain the contaminated water, regulators said, and it now appears to be flowing over the top of the barrier and into the Pacific.

www.upi.com...

edit on 7-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The motivations of so many people in this world is simply:

"I won't be around to see it, so who cares?"

My own father said exactly that, with regards to some sort of potential future disaster we were discussing, and I was appalled. I found it hard to comprehend his attitude, his not giving a damn about what his great grandchildren will face. I also found it hard to hold my tongue - thankfully I did, otherwise there may have been a nuclear-scale argument in our household.

From the grassroots to the very top, too many people simply don't care what the future of this planet is. That is why we are in such a mess. Everyone's living for themselves, for the NOW, and to do so they need MONEY & RESOURCES, and that greedy attitude is the root of all evil; from the grassroots to the Paymasters.

What is needed in this world is for people to get over themselves a little more, and to start living for others - to make the leaving of a great legacy, for the benefit of those to come, their sole earthly ambition.

What is required is for some very powerful people to be very selfless, and sponsor the efforts to eradicate nuclear fuel in favour of something along the lines of zero-point energy generation. Then give out the technology for free.

Whether it will happen? Who can say... Maybe some have already tried, ending up shot down in flames for daring to leave the crumbling castle of the Elite, in search of treasure for the benefit of the masses.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great post, I share your sentiments exactly. I didn't hold an opinion on nuclear power one way or the other prior to Fukushima, but this event should be the world's wake-up call. If we cannot solve Fukushima, then all nuclear plants should be decommissioned as soon as suitable replacement energy provision is available.

I sincerely believe there is probably an alternative energy solution already available and yet suppressed by the oligarchies. Perhaps it is time for the governments of the world to have another think about whether those technologies can be exploited in a profitable way, so they can maintain some economic stability in the course of transition.

It's a complex subject and I am very undereducated as regards the whole melee; however, surely we are now at the stage when SOMEONE steps up and says: "Something must be done..."

edit on 7-8-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Came across this recently and thought to post it. At least there is still real consideration and empathy in a country facing dangerous radiation exposure.

The greatest evil tends to bring out the greatest good.

This battle isn't over yet. It has just begun.

I still know this can be beaten but it will take all of humanity to make a long-term concentrated effort.
We need that much strength to face something like this.

We need everything especially new inventors, innovators, and scientists of all types.
We can easily win this battle and clean up the mess, but the impossible will only become possible when people get serious about this, which hasn't happened yet sadly.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

The motivations of so many people in this world is simply:

"I won't be around to see it, so who cares?"

My own father said exactly that, with regards to some sort of potential future disaster we were discussing, and I was appalled. I found it hard to comprehend his attitude, his not giving a damn about what his great grandchildren will face. I also found it hard to hold my tongue - thankfully I did, otherwise there may have been a nuclear-scale argument in our household.

From the grassroots to the very top, too many people simply don't care what the future of this planet is. That is why we are in such a mess. Everyone's living for themselves, for the NOW, and to do so they need MONEY & RESOURCES, and that greedy attitude is the root of all evil; from the grassroots to the Paymasters.

What is needed in this world is for people to get over themselves a little more, and to start living for others - to make the leaving of a great legacy, for the benefit of those to come, their sole earthly ambition.

What is required is for some very powerful people to be very selfless, and sponsor the efforts to eradicate nuclear fuel in favour of something along the lines of zero-point energy generation. Then give out the technology for free.

Whether it will happen? Who can say... Maybe some have already tried, ending up shot down in flames for daring to leave the crumbling castle of the Elite, in search of treasure for the benefit of the masses.

I agree. More shortsightedness. I also believe in reincarnation. So your father may not live to see the full effects of Fukushima in THIS body, but he may have to deal with it in a new body.

I would not want to be one of the souls born into a sick, deformed body on a dying planet.

As for the dream of having powerful people back green energy, that would be wonderful. Some believe that the tech for free energy already exists, but it will not be released until TPTB have squeezed every penney of profit out of their oil investments.

Look what TPTB did to Tesla.

It's easy to believe that Earth is a prison planet ruled by evil beings. Some call Satan the "Prince of this World" and worship him/it as such. (No, I'm not Christian.)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
One step closer to my beloved Zombie Apocalypse. Or maybe 3 eyed fish, better yet -- X Men mutations

I don't see any solution to this i've had a lot of people around me argue over it when I bring it up and it's a never ending back and forth of theories that end with -- We're all eventually #ed because of it.

Start buying bottled water.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join