It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enter a PASSWORD (again) to view an ATS link while signed in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is weird as hell.

I went to the latest writing contest thread and wanted to check out some of the winner's stories and ran into this freaky roadblock.

I was logged in to ATS at the time, using Firefox browser on a Window's 7 computer when it happened. I didn't trust the damn thing (might be the NSA fishing for my sign in info) so I clicked out of it and got a page saying

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

This only happened when I clicked on links in the OP. I tried some of the links posted by members and was taken to their threads with no problem. I checked the links in the OP and there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about them.

I should only have to log in once when I start my session on ATS. I shouldn't have to re-log in to check out threads or other links on this site.

Maybe a glitch having to do with the New ATS they're getting ready to roll out or something more sinister?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's my fault.

I used the links from the new website.

The beta is now password protected so that's why you are getting those errors. If you remove the 53 in front you should be ok.

I'll go swap out the links.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That was quick. Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

It doesn't hurt to be too careful. On of these days it might really be the NSA trying to get a hold of my sign in information for nefarious purposes.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I try to keep a 30min or less policy with member alerts

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Look at you...killing the intrigue....

new topics

top topics

join