It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Carney Can't Decide if Al Qaeda is Alive or Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Al Qaeda in Truth is CIA/NSA and of course the Islamist allies by Saudi Arabia, Qatar.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by xuenchen
Sounds like the usual fumbling bungling and confusion.

It seems the White House just can't get their stories straight.

Sure does...it would be a relief if one of these right wing OPs was actually well researched once in a while....and knew the definition of "decimated" vs. "dead"...

I think the White House is over-reacting to the threats.

I think the claim is that AQ wants to do 'something big'.

If the government uncovered that AQ was planning a big birthday bash for Obama, why not just tell us ?

I can't understand it

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Al Qaeda in Truth is CIA/NSA and of course the Islamist allies by Saudi Arabia, Qatar.

Truth eh then do tell me where in that post was the TRUTH?

Missed it completely.

Since Bin Laden that Saudi guy created AQ in Pakistan who had tons of help from Pakistan's ISI, and Saudi's GIP in fact AQ was created AFTER the CIA left but who cares though right.

Keep spinning those lies.

Al-Qaeda (/ælˈkaɪdə/ al-KY-də; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-qāʿidah, Arabic: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base" and alternatively spelled al-Qaida and sometimes al-Qa'ida) is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama bin Laden in Peshawar, Pakistan,[

en.wikipedia.org...

Financing Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[63] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, Bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[64] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[63] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[65]

The real force behind AQ is Saudi not the US and you can feel free to hate Saudi til the Mahdi comes home.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since Saudi was brought up:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, July 26 (UPI) -- The appointment of Prince Bandar bin Sultan as the head of Saudi Arabia's principal intelligence service is widely seen as a shift toward a more aggressive foreign policy as the kingdom struggles with challenges from Iran and Syria. Read more: www.upi.com...

Abdullah appointed Muqrin in 2005 to replace Prince Nawaf bin Abdulaziz. Muqrin, who had lived in relative obscurity until he took over the GIP, had come under considerable domestic criticism of late because of what is seen as a poor performance in handling the complexities of the surge of pro-democracy uprisings across the Arab world that the House of Saud has sought to keep at arm's length Read more: www.upi.com...

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

PAY ATTENTION:

A key element will be restoring relations with the United States that have been strained in recent years. Read more: www.upi.com...

Saudi US relations have never be what they are greatly exaggerated to be.

Between Saudi, and Iran Sunni/Shia battling for supremacy in the middle east playing Pinky and the Brain.

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls ...

Please direct that manufactured outrage elsewhere to Saudi, and Iran dragging the rest of US in to their Islamic machinations.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Since Bin Laden that Saudi guy created AQ in Pakistan who had tons of help from Pakistan's ISI, and Saudi's GIP in fact AQ was created AFTER the CIA left but who cares though right. Keep spinning those lies.

Lies? so i guess then you believe everything what is saying to you then. Bin laden died in the raid, Bin laden created AQ in Pakistan who had tons of help from Pakistan's ISI, and Saudi's GIP in fact AQ was created AFTER the CIA?

You do realize whom armed Bin Laden do you? guess not.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ah yes then we should forget about those oil deals and bases then?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You do realize whom armed Bin Laden do you? guess not.

Yeah says it clearly here :

Previously in the 20th century, the ISI's work and activities have included the support of the Afghan mujahideen in then-communist Afghanistan against the Soviet Union in their war against the mujahideen (in conjunction with the Central Intelligence Agency) and later provided strategic and intelligence support to the Taliban against the Indo-Iranian backing the Northern Alliance in the civil war in Afghanistan in 1990s.

Pakistani ISI

Pakistans ISI. Iran, and the CIA so what was that again about the CIA 'created "AQ" ??

Many Muslims from other countries assisted the various mujahideen groups in Afghanistan. Some groups of these veterans have been significant factors in more recent conflicts in and around the Muslim world. Osama bin Laden, originally from a wealthy family in Saudi Arabia, was a prominent organizer and financier of an all-Arab Islamist group of foreign volunteers; his Maktab al-Khadamat funnelled money, arms, and Muslim fighters from around the Muslim world into Afghanistan, with the assistance and support of the Saudi and Pakistani governments.[38] These foreign fighters became known as "Afghan Arabs" and their efforts were coordinated by Abdullah Yusuf Azzam.

Mujahideen

Here is the icing on the cake:

In December 1979, the Soviet Union sent around 100,000 troops to the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan to overthrow Hafizullah Amin, coming into conflict with the nationwide mujahideen insurgency. The mujahideen were made up of various groups that were trained by Pakistan and Iran.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tell me more how it was all the 'CIA/NSA'.

edit on 5-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It amazes me how neo picks and chooses when to absolve the government from all wrong doing when it suits his purpose.

If you don't think that the CIA has their hands in what we call "Al Qaeda", you are delusional.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by neo96

What oil deals China is getting them now, and Iran is best buds now.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
It amazes me how neo picks and chooses when to absolve the government from all wrong doing when it suits his purpose.

If you don't think that the CIA has their hands in what we call "Al Qaeda", you are delusional.

It is amazing how obsessed people are with me and cherry pick their so called 'facts' like the 'CIA created AQ'

Clear as hell who the 'delusional' ones are.

The issue for those who were paying attention is the out right LIE laying that all on the US.

Who cares right?

Keep taking those pot shots they don't prove any 'point' being made it just proves how weak the argument is agianst what I said in this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It must be!! They both seem to be after the same American patriots!

Ah YES…OIL! I heard this same crap about Iraq but guess who got those oil deals? It wasn’t Dick Cheney!

edit on 5-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh YES…OIL! I heard this same crap about Iraq but guess who got those oil deals? It wasn’t Dick Cheney!

I know,I know !!!!

Iraqi oil: Once seen as U.S. boon, now it’s mostly China’s

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
, Al-Qa'ida and AQIP are two essentially different groups yet you seem willing to just ignore this very basic fact.

To the average American all of Al Qaeda is one big, loosely connected group.
The WHite House doesn't qualify it's statements when it says 'Al Qaeda'.
And the American people don't differentiate. I think most folks around the planet don't.
The White House knows this and uses it to it's political advantage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join