It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Carney Can't Decide if Al Qaeda is Alive or Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

During a press briefing Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney repeatedly contradicted himself when asked about the threat al Qaeda poses to the United States and Americans overseas. Questions about specific al Qaeda threats came from reporters in light of the Obama administration's decision to close 19 U.S. Embassies around the world for an additional week.

During the 2012 presidential election, President Obama claimed al Qaeda had been decimated and that the terror group was "on the run."

Obama and Carney what way is it?

Wait what?

'Knowingly misleading the public'

I agree.

Oh really?

Tell me more about how AQ is on the run Mr. President.

Oh Mr. President?

They close them embassies for cleaning and stuff OIC totally get it now 'cause' AQ is on the run.

No worries Mr. and Mrs. America, but hey checkout our your new 'free' healthcare covers terrorist 'events'..

Aw Mr. President you really do care.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been “decimated,” “on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts. - See more at: cnsnews.com...

AQ greatly exaggerated demise

Reminds me of Goebells:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State

Joesph Goebells.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow...it seems you are almost rooting for an Al-Qaeda come-back? As long as it would embarrass the POTUS?

And yes, the USA takes known threats to our embassies seriously...you seem also opposed to that?

BTW - Al-Qaeda is an organization, not a person...it is neither "dead" or "alive"

Just thought I'd clear up that confusion for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

During the 2012 presidential election, President Obama claimed al Qaeda had been decimated and that the terror group was "on the run."

Well I assume that he was using the word "Decimated" correctly. SEE DECIMATED...
We have killed like 1 in 10.
Right?

As far as being "on the run"?
Sure, they have been escaping and running away from prisons all over the planet for the last month or two.

That's all he meant.

/sarcasm

edit on 5-8-2013 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Wow...it seems you are almost rooting for an Al-Qaeda come-back? As long as it would embarrass the POTUS?

And yes, the USA takes known threats to our embassies seriously...you seem also opposed to that?

BTW - Al-Qaeda is an organization, not a person...it is neither "dead" or "alive"

Just thought I'd clear up that confusion for you.

The only person who is confused is Obama and Carney can't decide if he wants to fight AQ, run from AQ or Arm AQ.

edit on 5-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Core Al-Qa'ida", that is to say Al-Qa'ida before 2002/3 is "dead" (or as dead as a organization can be)

All that is really left of core Al-Qa'ida is Zahawhiri and a few other members who haven't been caught out yet by a drone and since the death of Bin Laden things have only gotten worse for the core Al-Qa'ida group.

The only problem is that its much harder to kill the Al-Qa'ida ideology than it is to kill a man.

The ideology of Al-Qa'ida lives on through groups such as Al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula who are responsible for these latest threads. And yes they are very much alive and active.
edit on 5-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Only people I see on the run is the US.

People can play semantics all day long fact remains the administration played politics with it, and now look like fools.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Kinda hard for any government to dig themselves out of a hole such as the one the US has created for itself!

For instance, because of them, WE have to take away your rights to make you safer!!!!!

Then!!! Well, yes we ARE supplying them with weapons, but you have to understand they are the ones whom are our friends and those weapons will NEVER be used against us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell people!!! Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone?????

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its not semantics, when politicians say things like "we have Al-Qa'ida on the run" or "defeated" they are talking about the group that committed the attacks of 9/11. The Core Al-Qa'ida and groups like AQIP (where this new threat seems to be coming from) are two totally different groups, its just that the former follows the ideology of the later.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by neo96

Its not semantics, when politicians say things like "we have Al-Qa'ida on the run" or "defeated" they are talking about the group that committed the attacks of 9/11. The Core Al-Qa'ida and groups like AQIP (where this new threat seems to be coming from) are two totally different groups, its just that the former follows the ideology of the later.

Yeah it is semantics.

When politicians speak they are lying, and now some people just want to continue carrying that water for what was a blatant lie excuse me a' reelection talking point'.
edit on 5-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No dude its really not,

There is a whole world of a difference between Al-Qa'ida and Al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula

I am not going to get bogged down now in it but they are two different groups.

So when they say stuff like "we have Al-Qa'ida on the run" they mean "Al-Qa'ida", they dont mean "Al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula "

Again two different terrorist organization's its just that one follows the ideology of the other, but AQIP is operationally independent from core Al-Qa'ida.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Stop it please.

There is not one bit of damn difference between the the two

GLOBAL 'terrorist' organization GET IT ?

GLOBAL!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Wow ... straw man absurdium. The OP is pointing out how badly the Obama administration is in disarray over Al-Qaeda ... it's like they have multiple personalities with this ... that in no way translates to the OP wanting Obama terrorist attacks.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Stop it please.

There is not one bit of damn difference between the the two

GLOBAL 'terrorist' organization GET IT ?

GLOBAL!

yeah "Stop it please"

"Stop pointing out that I am talking about two different groups... please"

look dude, i have said my bit, Al-Qa'ida and AQIP are two essentially different groups yet you seem willing to just ignore this very basic fact.

So by all means, feel free to continue believing what you want to believe rather that what is actually true.

I am not going to sit here and spend my night trying to address your frankly ignorant understanding of the organizational structure of Al-Qa'ida and its franchise groups (AQIP being one of the most active of these so called franchise groups).

If you want to go on believing that it does not matter that you are talking about two different groups then I am not going to stop you.

All i ask is that you dont pretend that I am the ignorant one.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So did Obama or Carney make the distinction?

Nope.

We done here?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So did Obama or Carney make the distinction?

Nope.

We done here?

Can't have it both ways..

Where you hold them accountable for not aticulating the specific genealogy of modern day Al-Qaeda on the one hand...

And then on the other pretend that they declared AL-Qaida "Dead" when they did nothing of the sort...

I agree with the OtherSideOfTheCoin...it's silly to argue with willfull ignorance...To be willfully ignorant requires willfull dishonesty.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Can't have it both ways..

Oh?

My name is not Obama or Carney.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sounds like the usual fumbling bungling and confusion.

It seems the White House just can't get their stories straight.

Today it's one thing.

Yesterday it was something else.

Tomorrow they will say it was something different again.

If they thought this was serious, then why not come with solid answers

Maybe they are campaigning ?

How can WE as citizens be absolutely 100% sure that somebody isn't lying again ?

Obama Inc. has a history.

This latest swirl has false flag written all over it.

edit on Aug-05-2013 by xuenchen because: :shk:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Sounds like the usual fumbling bungling and confusion.

It seems the White House just can't get their stories straight.

Sure does...it would be a relief if one of these right wing OPs was actually well researched once in a while....and knew the definition of "decimated" vs. "dead"...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure does...it would be a relief if current administration(Obama,Carney) talking points was actually well researched once in a while....and knew the definition of "decimated" vs. "dead"...

Fixed for accuracy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join