It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orthopedic Surgeon Explains Her Faith In Creation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

There is no solid, verifiable evidence of the bible being a fact except for the bible saying it is a fact itself.

Here's another:

Do you know that the information within our DNA can be written into a code - that we can then read and understand? In fact many biologist and geneticist can now use this information, the instruction code to create body parts? How amazing is that!

In fact there's a huge project called the Genome Project where they're attempting to map the entire human genome.

Yet the Bible more than 3000 years ago stated the following (in poetic form):

“Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, And in your book all its parts were down in writing, As regards the days when they were formed And there was not yet one among them.” (Psalm 139:16)

How did the Bible writer knew that the (embryo) can be written in a "book" - code form?

Now how advance is this information?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

There is no solid, verifiable evidence of the bible being a fact except for the bible saying it is a fact itself.

Oh yes there are hundreds of evidence!!!

Here's another:

“You yourself produced my kidneys; you kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.” (Psalm 139:13)

Do you know how KIDNEYS function? Especially in a growing "embryo" / baby inside a mother's womb?

It acts like a FILTER a "screen".

They are there ready to filter your blood supply! They are always ready to remove toxins and excess water from the body but retaining useful substances. In fact your two kidneys, if they are still healthy, filter the water in your blood! How amazing is that!!! They "screen" about five quarts in an adult every 45 minutes!

Question is - how did the Bible writer knew of this highly sophisticated information?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
reply to post by Barcs

Yes, I believe evolution is a fact. I figured that was obvious based on the rest of my response. Of course it's a fact, it's backed by evidence. Belief or lack of belief in a fact, does not take away from the fact that it's a fact!

Hahaha...finally someone had the guts to admit it.

"Yes, I believe evolution is a fact."

So Barcs, what made you believe that evolution theory is a "fact"?

Do you have a "system" that you used to make you believe that it's a "fact"?

Or do you have no "system" at all but just believe because someone says so?

Is it just a BLIND belief?

I wonder.

Funny stuff. I even mentioned ahead of time how you flip the words around to suit your meanings, and you went ahead and did it anyway! Hilarious. Remember believing in a system DOES NOT make it a belief system. The phrase together has a different meaning than the 2 words individually. It's not the same. If not then everything in the universe ever can be considered a belief system.

Modern Evolutionary Synthesis (theory of evolution) is a fact because genetic mutations are proven and natural selection is proven. Those are primary factors involved. I have yet to see a belief system that is based on facts. There's a reason it's called a belief system and not a scientific system.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Modern Evolutionary Synthesis (theory of evolution) is a fact because genetic mutations are proven and natural selection is proven. Those are primary factors involved. I have yet to see a belief system that is based on facts. There's a reason it's called a belief system and not a scientific system.

Yet what's the purpose of 'scientific system' if you don't believe in it?

So call it anyway you want it's still a belief system.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Using the language spoken 3400 years ago would you say "the earth is being held by a force called gravity" or would you rather say (in a simple poetic expression) "the earth is hanging upon nothing"?

Remember the writers of the Bible didn't have the scientific knowledge like what we have today or the the knowledge of the 16th-17th century Scientific Revolution. Job was an Oriental and Moses who penned it down was a "sheep herder" (although once a powerful ruler in Egypt). How would he say it?

How would you phrase it?

I would've said "the Earth is free floating in space" not "hanging upon nothing." Try harder next time.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I mean why can't any of you just say, "yes I believe evolution is a fact"?

"Yes, I believe in evolution!". "Yes, of course, I believe evolution!"

What's the big deal?

No we don't believe in evolution. We accept it as fact based on the evidence. Now what part of that do you not understand?
edit on 21-8-2013 by Firepac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firepac

Using the language spoken 3400 years ago would you say "the earth is being held by a force called gravity" or would you rather say (in a simple poetic expression) "the earth is hanging upon nothing"?

Remember the writers of the Bible didn't have the scientific knowledge like what we have today or the the knowledge of the 16th-17th century Scientific Revolution. Job was an Oriental and Moses who penned it down was a "sheep herder" (although once a powerful ruler in Egypt). How would he say it?

How would you phrase it?

I would've said "the Earth is free floating in space" not "hanging upon nothing." Try harder next time.

Obviously you don't know what a poetic expression is or how people spoke 3500 years ago. Too bad if not sad.

“. . .Hanging the earth upon nothing;” (Job 26:7)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

What's the big deal?

No we don't believe in evolution. We accept it as fact based on the evidence. Now what part of that do you not understand?

That's funny, you accept it as fact but you don't believe it.

Try again..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How would you phrase it?

Obviously you don't know what a poetic expression is or how people spoke 3500 years ago. Too bad if not sad.

“. . .Hanging the earth upon nothing;” (Job 26:7)

Okay so why don't you define what a "poetic expression" is?

What's the big deal?

That's funny, you accept it as fact but you don't believe it.

Try again..

So do you "believe" that the earth is round?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Firepac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Firepac

Of course I do! Is this a trick question?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Firepac

Of course I do! Is this a trick question?

be·lieve

verb

to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so

So you don't think there's absolute proof that the earth is round?

It's quite obvious that you don't even know what the word "believe" means. That truly is sad.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Firepac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Then EVERYTHING is a belief system. Sorry you can't have it both ways. Either everything is a belief system, or only systems that require faith are. We all know the 2nd one is the commonly accepted definition of belief system, but hey however you twist it.

The purpose of science is to reliably discover facts about our existence and the universe we live in. Belief is irrelevant. Facts are valid, whether a million people believe them or 10 people believe them.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

reply to post by Barcs

Then EVERYTHING is a belief system. Sorry you can't have it both ways. Either everything is a belief system, or only systems that require faith are. We all know the 2nd one is the commonly accepted definition of belief system, but hey however you twist it.

The purpose of science is to reliably discover facts about our existence and the universe we live in. Belief is irrelevant. Facts are valid, whether a million people believe them or 10 people believe them.

Of course it's relevant. It's very relevant no matter how you dice it.

For if "the purpose of science is to reliably discover facts about our existence and the universe we live in", then what's the point of having the facts if you don't believe it?

It's like looking at evidence presented by scientists to back up their claim. Sure you accept them as facts, but do you BELIEVE them as facts? If no then what's the point of the facts?

It's simple as 1+1=2 is a fact, but if you don't believe it then what's the point of the fact?

So like I said - it boils down to belief whatever system you use to prove it. DENY it and it comes back for more.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

It doesn't matter if people believe a fact. It's true, it can be used to help manufacture things, and it applies to the real world. It is useful information. Right now it's only a very small minority of people that actually deny scientific facts, but either way appeal to popularity is a fallacy. Validity is not determined by the amount of believers. It is determined by repeated experiments, and their results. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to clarify it again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join