It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Seeker, 21, Kills Herself After She Was Rejected for 200 Jobs.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
Oh poor me I cant become a rockstar so I'm going to kill myself.

Life is full of disappointment. Sometimes you have to work at McDonalds until that job you really want opens up. I dont feel sorry for these spoiled kids that think they should be handed a job the minute they graduate college.

Just another example of the cry baby entitlement generation and how they fail and will continue to fail at life. Just because you paid thousands of dollars for a college degree doesnt mean you deserve a good paying job or that you are entitled to your dream job.

You're ignorant, you have no idea how bad it is.
Sure, when I got my degree I expected to eventually get a job in my chosen area, then I realised that I had to lower the bar a bit because I wasn't getting anywhere. Then I had to lower the bar a lot, then I had to remove the bar, and now here I am with no bar and no job.
This is the reality for so many people, Someone who has a degree isn't even worth a cleaning job.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sad. I would never kill myself over unemployment. You can always get money and be UNEMPLOYED in America. That seems to be the way of things now . Some people need to follow through with their employers. Talk to people. Go to the HR people and get to know them or just keep asking them. Many jobs happen by who you know. This usually happens because an employer thinks your friend or family member is a good employee. They like them and so trust your judgement when they are looking for potential employees. That's how I got my current job. My best friend told his boss about me . I applied went to an interview and his boss liked me so he hired me.

You can fill out resumes and applications all day if they have a face and a personality that wants to work they remember that and 9 out of 10 people will get hired. If I lost my job today. I would go out and talk to managers and companies I'd be interested in and make myself known. I would have a job in a few days. It may not pay stellar. But it would be enough to pay the bills until I could find something better.
edit on 7-8-2013 by texasyeti because: more info

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
The silver lining here is that there is one less person to compete with for those who are looking for a job over there.

More importantly, it means people in the same situation as her could be in grave danger.

And yes I know you were being facetious.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join