It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Privilege in action!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Maybe you ought to re-read your comments.
They come off condescending and arrogant.

And the way you poke fun of the 'lingo' in the south is ignorant at best.

edit on 7-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

First off: nobody likes a narc...

Second: facetious headlines to topics on race aren't terribly helpful.

Third: Calling this simply black on white violence, which the YouTube video headline does, without providing the context is disingenuous

But fourth: the bus driver, who appears and sounds to be African American, did very little here to help the victim. Asking other 13-year-old kids to get involved is the epitome of a cop-out. To claim he couldn't have intervened without fear for himself is a bit of a stretch -- unless he feared retaliation from these hoods or their older relatives or gang members later, which could well be the case. If he didn't check on the kid after the assailants left, then he clearly didn't do his job and should be fire, and perhaps prosecuted and/or sued.

The fact that the assailants were all black and the driver was too, and handled the situation the way he did would make it appear that his actions were perhaps race-based. But @OP, calling your thread what you did doesn't help to make your case.

Fifth: The fact that in the Trayvon Martin shooting, the ethnicities of two persons involved, one being a minor, were immediately made known, yet in this case the news report fails to mention the ethnicities of the victim, assailants or the driver, does seem to an egregious double standard.

I would like very much to know what happens to these drug-pushin' hoods who assaulted this kid. They should obviously be expelled from school and have charges pressed against them.

And someone more capable and dutiful should have this bus driver's job.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

It is black on white violence, its a shame it really is i do not disagree with everything else you said but i am calling it as it is, black on white violence you bring up that TM and GZ case that was black on hispanic violence they all have their own special place in the UCR they catalog them differently there even

edit on 7-8-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

It is black on white violence, its a shame it really is i do not disagree with everything else you said but i am calling it as it is, black on white violence you bring up that TM and GZ case that was black on hispanic violence they all have their own special place in the UCR they catalog them differently there even

edit on 7-8-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

Yes, indeed, on the face of it, this incident was clearly black-on-white violence, but was the victim attacked because he was white? I don't think so, I think it is because one student, of Caucasian lineage, narc'ed on this drug-peddling school chums, who happened to be African-American. It doesn't appear to be that it was just a case of "beat on whitey" day; that is why I said the title of "Black on White Violence" seemed a bit disingenuous.

That said, I have a friend who went to a predominantly black high school and he was picked on regularly and attacked a couple of times because he was white. In this same town I used to go bike riding in a predominantly black, fairly upper-middle-class neighborhood (probably a feeder to said high school) and I was quite surprised by the ugly looks I got. I've also witnessed black-on-Asian near-violence: some crazy, angry black dude strode across the street and started yelling and threaten to "shank" a small, middle-aged Asian woman, who, terrified, hid behind me, putting me in the middle of the matter (yikes). Luckily the dude's friend caught up to him and calmed him down. I just bring up the anecdotes to show that racism is clearly not a one-way street.

That said, driving while black and walking while black -- particularly for males -- can indeed be a crime in this country -- and certainly not just in the South. This country most certainly still has race issues, Chris Matthew's tingling leg not withstanding. We in the US do need to openly and honestly address this issue. And by this I don't mean the race-baiting beating of the drum by MSNBC over the Trayvon Martin case or Bill O'Reilly's and Fox's racist rejoinders, and doing all they could to portray Martin as the dodgy perpetrator of the incident.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I think that race has little to do with the general hate in the world its just another excuse but it is a fact that tracking violence in apparently credible reports are still quantified by subdivisions of race. I would be willing to bet that I would be labeled a racist if I post black violence and then statistics of black versus white being prone to violence so I refrain from posting truth to keep my reputation. With that said I think that problems are deeply rooted in other areas more so in the financial areas then color or creed of an individual but wtf do I know I am just a white guy. I do not disagree with what you said before I really don't, i truly wish I knew a way to make the world fall in love with each other it would be so much better, it is painful to see all this keep up the way it is so much more for a single person and the bitch about it we all share this pain and still cant say enough of it is enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by TheMagus

Originally posted by AlienScience
The story says they attacked him because he turned them into school officials for selling drugs.

So why do you make this a race based thread?

indeed po' white boy was beaten for snitching

What are you defending exactly? Drug dealing? I said for the beating they should be put in a labour camp, because clearly they should be kept away from society until they can behave like the rest of us, normal human beings... for drug dealing anyone should be shot - I didnt even address drug dealing, and you say "po' white boy was beating for snitching"... really?

The tone of your comment reflects your values. Nice try provoking everyone with "stormfront"... too bad the word its losing its impact it once had. Still, nice effort.

Says the person who's avitar promotes the idea of being a hitman. Drug dealers should be shot, but hitmen should be praised? SMDH... the irony.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Ain't it funny how a lot of members are screaming about the MSM fueling a race war, then they come on here and do exactly that by posting these kinds of videos? There have been absolutely no videos posted on here showing White persons beating up a black kid. The only race baiters have been the people posting these types of threads victimizing White people and making it seem that there is a war being waged against the White race.

Keep it up race baiters

Exactly... it's quite amazing how people show their true character and feelings through these threads. At least the MSM has an agenda to get higher ratings and make money by doing it. What's the agenda of these people? The only thing I can guess is to promote racism and fuel more hate crimes against opposite races...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by muse7

The only race baiters have been the people posting these types of threads victimizing White people and making it seem that there is a war being waged against the White race.

They live in a world of delusion where white people are somehow collectively victimized by society. It is a total paranoid delusion.

edit on 5-8-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

That or some people wish that the white race was so united as the black race when it comes to race issues... but no, when blacks have race issues, they unite, when whites have race issues they divide themselves in 4 or 5 kinds of whites all of them against each other - and that's why some have black colleges, and others dont even dare have a white club without being called a racist or a nazi even by whites.

Black colleges exist because there was once a point in time that blacks couldn't even attend a white college. That culture lasted for approx. 177 years in America. You're mad because the past 40 or so years there have been all of 5-10 all black colleges which only started because whites told blacks they couldn't attend their colleges? Get real... it's not like most whites even want to go to these black colleges and receive an sub par education anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is another proof that Demons, indeed, do exist. Isn't it amazing how 'white' racists and Islamists are very similar? These two groups terrorize the entire planet, and, at the same time, they claim victimhood instead of correcting their mistakes. This is a sign of laziness, evilness!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Nyiah

Of course i have, and of course there are examples in all races, but there is an undeniable culture of violence in black youth. Watch the video the poster below me posted. Go to a neighborhood that is predominantly whitw, indian, asian, or hispanoc and try to gather as many violent young man from that neighborhood to flaah guns and talk about comitting crimea against othera. There are literally hundreds of young black men that live like that intentionlly in cities all over the u.s. You can't deny it, no one can.

Would it be ok for me to say "there is an undeniable culture of" being a meth head "in white youth"? What about if I add, "go to a neightborhood that is predominantly" black "and try to gather as many" methhead "young men from that neighborhood. There are literally hundreds of young white men that live like that intentionally in cities all over the U.S. You can't deny it, no one can."

I'd basically be saying, stay away from white youth or you'll likely end up using meth. If I were to make this statement, I'd be racist right? Since you made a similar statement, you're racist right? Just admit it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I was being sarcastic broseph.

The only obvious "privilege" that goes along with being white is the high chance that you'll be victimized by a non white, that you'll be forced to carry the burden of events that transpired 200+ years ago (without being praised for all the good your ancestors accomplished) and that (according to our Attorney General) you're not protected by Hate Crime Laws.

White privilege....

200 years ago? As far as I know, Jim Crow laws existed until a mere 45 years ago. My grandfather couldn't drink from white fountains. He couldn't live within 5 miles of a specific town which was an all white town in the 1950's. Victimized by non whites? This OP you posted victimizes ME by taking an drug related crime and spinnin race around it!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This thread, and the intent of the OP, is a good old fashioned example of DOG WHISTLING.

The Mods at ATS clearly don't know what race baiting is if they even allowed this thread to continue, but by all means it's your website.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

If my son was a drug dealer, he would look like them.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Times sure have changed. Back in the day, this kid that got beat would at some point in time during the school year get together with his posse and exact some revenge. The kid got a beatdown for not buying the drugs these three dirt bags were selling. These three will be in these same pics before long, except their height & weight and a profile shot will be used. Three fine outstanding young black men showing the entire damn world just how fine a black men they are. They be coming to a cell near you soon. But when that happens it will all be the white mans fault. Go figure.
edit on 7-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually Wrabbit he is being charged cause he did nothing to check on the victims wellfare after the 3 youths left the bus!

You might want to check your sources on info unless I'm missing something entirely?

GULFPORT, Fla. -- Pinellas County prosecutors say they will not charge a school bus driver for not intervening in a fight between students last month.
Source

That's from Monday of this week. I'm glad everyone else is so quick to say the driver should have been Johnny on the Spot to offer aid here, but I think that's very unfair. The driver wasn't some former go getter combat medic from the wars or anything. Just a 64yr old man, and 17 years as a driver makes him pretty much trying to get to retirement for the stage in life.

I tend to allow for the fact he was in literal shock and fear while having a hard time getting himself together. Nothing criminal in that and better to not start doing things until that first issue is handled, anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If you are really going to sit there and say that the only reason this made the news was because the news was trying to make blacks look bad that is riddiculous. Those 3 boys make blacks look bad. News just went with the facts.

As for the driver, I was a school bus driver, the #1 thing (other than driving safety) pumped into our heads is not to get in the middle of the situation. BECAUSE if something were to happen to you as a driver, the rest of the kids on that bus would be at risk. Last thing anyone would want would be for them to take out that driver and take off in that bus with all the other kids on it. Best thing for that driver to do was call in, and get those kids off the bus asap. In the town I was from, we (the school district) had our own police force. If anyting happened you called them on the radio and they come take the kids. Until they get there they stay in touch advising on the situation. If your school district does not have that set up yet, I highly advise you push for it.

The only racists I see are the OP and a few repliers like...

reply to post by WaterBottle

Im afraid Im going to have to call you out and have you prove your statements.

I only have 5 min before I have to run so I will unload what I have and update with more later.

First, wiki had loads of info and a plethora of links to back everything up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny think about the info is the percentage of crimes commited by blacks and "Race Crimes". Until recently people thought of race crimes as whites against blacks due to the history of us. Im sure soon that will change.

Lets talk crime rate, and yes Im quoting wiki but only because they have the info in that page to back everything up.

Excluding the youngest and oldest age groups, black males were imprisoned at rates that ranged between 5 and 7 times the rates of white males. Among persons ages 20 to 24, black males were imprisoned at about 7 times that of white males. Among persons ages 60 to 64, the black male imprisonment rate was 5 times that of the white male imprisonment rate. In comparison, Hispanic males were imprisoned at 2 to 3 times the rate of white males in 2011. Black females were imprisoned at between 2 and 3 times the rate of white females, while Hispanic females were imprisoned at between 1 and 3 times the rate of white females."

Source: Carson, E. Ann, and Sabol, William J., "Prisoners in 2011" (Washington, DC: US Dept. of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, Dec. 2012), NCJ239808, p. 8. bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov...

For men in their early thirties, African-Americans are more than twice as likely to have a prison record than whites. They are more than twice as likely to have been in prison (8.4 percent) than in the military (3.2 percent).

What is the percentage for White males???? 0.5%.

I personally wish that the black community would work harder at making sure their kids finish high school and make a good attempt at building a future. 60% of blacks who dropped out of high school have a prision record. 30% who didnt go to college have a prison record as well.

According to the US Census Bureau as of the year 2000 there were 2,224,181 blacks enrolled in college.[24] In that same year there were only 610,300 black inmates in prison according to the Bureau of Justice.[25] 12.5 percent have a bachelor’s degree.[citation needed] The results are highly dependent on education. 30 percent of those without college education and nearly 60 percent of high school dropouts had prison records.[26]

FACTS speak volumes.

White Privilege???

We all create our own privileges with the content of our character not the color of our skin.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

That is, in my opinion, a very, very good question.

Why, indeed, were those three drug dealers on that bus?

School officials too scared, for whatever reason, to act?

Dealing drugs out of a school bathroom? That tells me that there are some serious questions that need to be asked of some school officials and school council members. ...and the cops. ...and some parents. Not the bus driver.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Dealing drugs out of a school bathroom? That tells me that there are some serious questions that need to be asked of some school officials and school council members. ...and the cops. ...and some parents. Not the bus driver.
Great points but why does the bus driver get a free pass? It seems the ball was dropped many times by many people, including the only adult present during the attack. Did you see the size of the bus driver in comparison to these kids? All he had to do was raise his voice and look mad and they probably would have stopped.

I think the principal and the bus driver should both be fired. If that was my child beaten I'd be raising some hell with the school board.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have a point, about what could a 64-year-old guy do, but from the account I heard, he didn't check on the welfare of the victim after the thugs fled the bus, which is part of the in whether or not he followed procedure and the law. Also 64-year-old guys and gals shouldn't be driving buses loaded with junior-high students. More capable drivers are needed to handle such potentially rambunctious ridership. In any case, this guy needs to early retire now, and someone much younger should get his job.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Most municipalities/school districts have strict policies regarding bus drivers getting involved in this sort of thing...

Under no circumstances are they to get involved physically... Because their attention is taken away from the outside world...and that creates danger to the rest of the passengers...

The guy is in a no win situation...

Personally, I think he did the exact right thing. He called for help. ...and regardless of apparent size differential...he's still outnumbered three to one. I've been on the receiving end of three to one, and I, too, was a lot bigger then any one of the three. I got my ass kicked...fortunately a couple of friends showed up before it got too painful.

There's another less savory reason for those restrictions... Liability. In this era of suing at the drop of a hat, most school districts can't afford to fight the sorts of lawsuits that could result from an adult "attacking" three "innocent" kids...

Unfortunate, but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join