It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Privilege in action!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

no i'm sorry to say it does exist as much as i would hate to admit it, but it does work both ways now considering affirmative action. there have been studies showing 2 people applying for the same job with one person having a typical caucasian sounding name and the other having a totally african american name like lakeesha and 9 times out of 10 the person with the african american sounding name did not get a call back. also think of all the african americans that get locked up for minimal charges compared to caucasians or qualified minorities not being showed houses in certain areas by realtors because of their skin color etc etc etc etc as much as you dont want to admit it and as wrong as it is messed up stuff like this still happens.

www.chicagoreporter.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Of course i have, and of course there are examples in all races, but there is an undeniable culture of violence in black youth. Watch the video the poster below me posted. Go to a neighborhood that is predominantly whitw, indian, asian, or hispanoc and try to gather as many violent young man from that neighborhood to flaah guns and talk about comitting crimea against othera. There are literally hundreds of young black men that live like that intentionlly in cities all over the u.s. You can't deny it, no one can.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
Is it just me, or are race relations worse than ever now?

2nd

It isn't just you. I think they are measurably worse and frankly? Stories like this only contribute to it. I don't mean the OP as much as the media. It really is being covered by everything out there, as I googled earlier, as a very race defined incident. If, say, this was 3 white kids thumping down another white kid or those same 3 black kids thumping on another black kid does anyone honestly believe this would have made national news pretty much across the board?

The FBI Crime Stats for this kind of crime and even down into age grouping would still have the media flooded with room for little else if they noticed every assault, however serious, to report. Just one little factor made this worth all of them carrying ...and yup. It makes relations just a tiny bit worse for it, each time they blow one up like this, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic broseph.

The only obvious "privilege" that goes along with being white is the high chance that you'll be victimized by a non white, that you'll be forced to carry the burden of events that transpired 200+ years ago (without being praised for all the good your ancestors accomplished) and that (according to our Attorney General) you're not protected by Hate Crime Laws.

White privilege....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7

The only obvious "privilege" that goes along with being white is the high chance that you'll be victimized by a non white, that you'll be forced to carry the burden of events that transpired 200+ years ago (without being praised for all the good your ancestors accomplished) and that (according to our Attorney General) you're not protected by Hate Crime Laws.

White privilege....

I think you're on the wrong website..perhaps the one where you can let it all out is Storm front?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by FuZe7

White privilege....

I think you're on the wrong website..perhaps the one where you can let it all out is Storm front?

If you feel that I've posted a falsehood, or manipulated the truth in anyway, why don't you correct me instead of accusing me of being racist or hateful?

I saw a story on CNN today and decided to share it with ATS. Why are you so up in arms? Why do a few of you (you know who you are) flock to these kinds of threads, and go bananas over them?

edit on 5-8-2013 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is that if the kid "snitched" on these guys for dealing drugs, then why in the world were they riding a bus home to begin with? Much less the same bus as the kid that ratted them out? If anyone was negligent here it was the school's disciplinarian, not the bus driver.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Nice try provoking everyone with "stormfront"...

wtf are you talking about?

the only one provoked here was you
if the shoe fits...

nice try projecting your conservative southern values on others

y'all just keep whistling dixie, y'hear?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Attention!!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Please stick to the story and stop with the personal comments.

One and only warning.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

no i'm sorry to say it does exist as much as i would hate to admit it, but it does work both ways now considering affirmative action. there have been studies showing 2 people applying for the same job with one person having a typical caucasian sounding name and the other having a totally african american name like lakeesha and 9 times out of 10 the person with the african american sounding name did not get a call back. also think of all the african americans that get locked up for minimal charges compared to caucasians or qualified minorities not being showed houses in certain areas by realtors because of their skin color etc etc etc etc as much as you dont want to admit it and as wrong as it is messed up stuff like this still happens.

please nobody cares about the sound of someones name just the cash and assets they have. Most Realtors do background checks if your credit rating comes back a problem and they have to work with you, most of the time they are going to show you the crap houses on their list. last thing they want to do is show you a house that 100,000 dollars above your price range then have you want him to haggle with the home owners over 50k only to have you back out of the deal because you cant get a bigger loan.

#2 when does anyone have the same resume? Ever? with comparable skills unless its in a low skilled job? LOL so what if they didn't get a call back seriously I have been through 100's of job interviews only a few companies actually call back. Jobs are not a given ever. Here's a test put a white male with a ba and no work experience against a black women with a phd from an ivy league school if the white male gets the job then you know there is white privilege if he doesn't then maybe just maybe its all bs. Please dont kill me for saying this but if your test was so correct why is it every time I go to the DMV there is a couple of black ladies with a very African sounding names behind the counter. I'm sure most people will laugh but seriously think about your DMV visit I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Waiting for the out rage in 5 4 3 2 1

seriously though without how the test was conducted the example is useless? Show me the scientific journal it was in? link please. This post was just for
i cant believe you just said that response but the reality is you need to show now the test was conducted to find its faults or strengths other wise its just as informed as I just sounded
edit on 6-8-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
Is it just me, or are race relations worse than ever now?

2nd

Not sure. How old were you in 1619?

edit on 8/6/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
To hell with their skin color, why are teens prone to such violent behavior?

They whooped up on that kid with no hesitation and you could tell they wanted him hurt....bad.
In fact, they acted like they've done that before, fight.

I've seen people who have never thrown a punch get in a fight, and their throws are awkward.

These punks clearly have no problem giving a beat down.
Glad they got caught.

edit on 6-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
# 25

Any one of them could have been obama.

If barry can say it then so can I.

Or maybe we should target who started that fire?

edit on 6-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

if the shoe fits...

Why do you insist on making fun of the South and act like they are all racists?

You must not be from down south other wise you would know that there are tons of bi-racial couples with kids.
You will see black and white kids hanging out together at school and other events.

I am sick and tired of people from other parts of the country acting all snooty and condescending stereotyping the South like you know all......which you clearly don't.

You think racists don't exist up north or out west?
Think again......

*Deny Ignorance*

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
The story says they attacked him because he turned them into school officials for selling drugs.
So why do you make this a race based thread?
Precisely the point. Why was the trayvon martin case was turned into one? It was a crime related case similar to this one where he was beating up zimmerman.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Freakin punishment should be severe and the laws should be changed accordingly. Punish the crap outta these kids and their master who uses them to sell drugs. It seems many people are very confident and couldn't care less if they go to prison as the worst that can happen is that they'll be sent to a nice prison with all the amenities and food at the tax payer's expense.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by TheMagus

if the shoe fits...

Why do you insist on making fun of the South and act like they are all racists?

You must not be from down south other wise you would know that there are tons of bi-racial couples with kids.
You will see black and white kids hanging out together at school and other events.

I am sick and tired of people from other parts of the country acting all snooty and condescending stereotyping the South like you know all......which you clearly don't.

You think racists don't exist up north or out west?
Think again......

*Deny Ignorance*

EXCUUUSSSE MEE! where did I Accuse ALL southerners
I is certainly not I doing any generalizing herein, hmmm?

no need to get snarky...
oh wait...

so y'all *Deny Ignorance* y'hear

regarding your previous snarkless post
the problem is endemic

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sorry I'm lost, what's this got to do with race? Dudes trying to sell drugs to a young dude, young dude snitched, drug dealing dudes get mad...I don't get it, no flag no star

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

please nobody cares about the sound of someones name just the cash and assets they have. Most Realtors do background checks if your credit rating comes back a problem and they have to work with you, most of the time they are going to show you the crap houses on their list. last thing they want to do is show you a house that 100,000 dollars above your price range then have you want him to haggle with the home owners over 50k only to have you back out of the deal because you cant get a bigger loan.

#2 when does anyone have the same resume? Ever? with comparable skills unless its in a low skilled job? LOL so what if they didn't get a call back seriously I have been through 100's of job interviews only a few companies actually call back. Jobs are not a given ever. Here's a test put a white male with a ba and no work experience against a black women with a phd from an ivy league school if the white male gets the job then you know there is white privilege if he doesn't then maybe just maybe its all bs. Please dont kill me for saying this but if your test was so correct why is it every time I go to the DMV there is a couple of black ladies with a very African sounding names behind the counter. I'm sure most people will laugh but seriously think about your DMV visit I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Waiting for the out rage in 5 4 3 2 1

seriously though without how the test was conducted the example is useless? Show me the scientific journal it was in? link please. This post was just for
i cant believe you just said that response but the reality is you need to show now the test was conducted to find its faults or strengths other wise its just as informed as I just sounded
edit on 6-8-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

you're in denial dude. before u start rambling about whites getting unfair treatment, i did mention in my post that it can go both ways, affirmative action etc etc...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.nber.org...

www.techyville.com...

online.wsj.com...

www.lehighvalleylive.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
Sorry I'm lost, what's this got to do with race? Dudes trying to sell drugs to a young dude, young dude snitched, drug dealing dudes get mad...I don't get it, no flag no star

"Dudes trying to sell drugs"
lets start with that, or is it just so common now?
"young dude"
minding his own business, probably studying, wants too get out of the jungle.
"young dude snitched, drug dealing dudes get mad...I don't get it,"

ya, grade 6 young dude,,vs 3 Teens at once.He knew he'd pay for doing the right thing.but he had the guts to do it anyway.

i do get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join