It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Privilege in action!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Very good point on the need for very strong penalties against anyone, kids included, who attack a witness for having done the right thing in reporting a crime. Whatever the crime. We see our schools falling and we see the environment there getting more violent in many cases...then ask why? Well, you hit one of the causes right on the head.

What is it called in the world of adults when a criminal goes and beats the living daylights out of a witness against them? Hmmm.... Why do kids get a freebie on the same offense simply by age? Very good questions.

@Thread

On the race issue. Google this story. See the coverage. If we are to be prohibited by peer pressure and condemnation of a few from even discussing a story in the way it's being covered by national media (and lets be HONEST here..the reason the story MADE national news in the first place vs. assaults happening with kids every day) then we have VERY serious issues in this nation. Very serious indeed. It's reported as a racial story by almost every outlet I care to check. Perhaps the angle of reporting should be the story too? Fair enough on that....but suggesting people are wrong to even discuss it is so far out of line in my opinion, some have lost where the line even is.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ain't it funny how a lot of members are screaming about the MSM fueling a race war, then they come on here and do exactly that by posting these kinds of videos? There have been absolutely no videos posted on here showing White persons beating up a black kid. The only race baiters have been the people posting these types of threads victimizing White people and making it seem that there is a war being waged against the White race.

Keep it up race baiters

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The only race baiters have been the people posting these types of threads victimizing White people and making it seem that there is a war being waged against the White race.

They live in a world of delusion where white people are somehow collectively victimized by society. It is a total paranoid delusion.

edit on 5-8-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We have ways of dealing with thug punks in the world. I wish they would all come down to our neck of the woods and try that crap

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
While rules vary state to state, school employees are caught in a catch 22. They are responsible for student safety but are limited as to what they can do. If you physically break up a fight you can be charged with assaulting a minor. This situation required force to stop. But if one of the little darlings got injured the driver would be in the deep smelly stuff. And if the driver got injured he would be in trouble for doing something he knew could be unsafe.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by muse7

The only race baiters have been the people posting these types of threads victimizing White people and making it seem that there is a war being waged against the White race.

They live in a world of delusion where white people are somehow collectively victimized by society. It is a total paranoid delusion.

edit on 5-8-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

That or some people wish that the white race was so united as the black race when it comes to race issues... but no, when blacks have race issues, they unite, when whites have race issues they divide themselves in 4 or 5 kinds of whites all of them against each other - and that's why some have black colleges, and others dont even dare have a white club without being called a racist or a nazi even by whites.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I think what people are up in arms about when it comes to the racial part is the fact the we KNOW this whole thing would be totally blown up whether the young men were arrested or not if the attackers were WHITE. We know this event would be attached to a "hate crime" and we would have the usual Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton etc on site to make sure this was a huge race debacle. And I think those acting all confused about this double-standard know this as well but refuse to admit it.

As much as people love to make this argument, it is not really the case.
Take the following story for instance:
www.cbsnews.com...

Police say Adam Landerman, 19, Alisa Massaro, 18, Bethany McKee, 18, and Joshua Miner, 24, lured Terrence Rankin and Eric Glover, both 22, to Massaro's home on Thursday. Once Rankin and Glover arived, they were robbed and killed. After trying to dismember Rankin's and Glover's bodies, the four suspects allegedly continued to party, CBS Chicago reports. Police said they were notified of the dead bodies in the home the afternoon of Jan. 10, and when police entered, Landeman, Massaro and Miner were playing video games. McKee had left by then, but was arrested later in Kankakee, according to the station.

The four teens were white and the two victims were black. Apart from minor local outrage, there was no "the white devil killed my black angel" type reactions or riots.
Presenting the story of the kid getting beat on the school bus as anything other than a case of an assault in retaliation for tattle telling is nothing more than a cheap attempt to get a rise out of people.
It is precisely the reason we have such a racial divide in the first place. If we all followed Morgan Freeman's advice on race, the world would be much better off.

Morgan Freeman solves the race problem
edit on 5-8-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by mOjOm because: couldn't get video to work right so removed it

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I actually agree with Morgan Freeman. The problem is, the media does hype the race card more often than not, and I agree it does fuel the racism. (kudos to your news source that was one example I will concede to) I just find it funny how when things are flipped the other way around people can't see the double-standards. Instead we get replies like this:

Wow. No mention of myself being "victimized" here from this news story but a whole lot in the "black community" sure do display that attitude and you don't hear anyone making accusations of "paranoid delusion". The double-standards are out of control and as long as they exist, so will racism.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by muse7

This, while some believe that racism toward a white person is flat out impossible by sheer definition and meaning of the term. I'd say both extremes are delusional to the point of needing some serious perspective in life. Just about equally, too.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree, if it was a 13 year old black kid, he probably would have gotten the same treatment, and this sort of thing happens pretty often, just not so out in the open.

Hopefully these thugs get sent to juvi until they are 18. Too bad they couldn't be locked up for life.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Just read his other input on threads and you could figure it out why he made this a race based thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Is it just me, or are race relations worse than ever now?

2nd

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by AlienScience
The story says they attacked him because he turned them into school officials for selling drugs.

So why do you make this a race based thread?

If they were white and the kid was black this would be a national scandal... since they're black and the kid is white, the problem is being deflected towards the bus driver through "child neglect charge" using the video... instead that video should be used to put those kids in a labor camp till they reach 30. If the victim was black you would never hear about the bus driver... like I said - deflection.

See where the "race issue" is?

Consequence and repercussion, is where is at.

So you don't think white kids have ever beat up a black kid without it being a national scandal???

The kids were caught, they are charged with a crime...what else do you want done about it?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
the article isn't an example of white privilege because white privilege doesn't exist if you claim its real your a racist plain and simple. I don't care if your belief in society is it's a construct of white males is correct guess what after 200 years in this country a black president, black congress men, black colleges, black entertainment, multiple college programs only for black youths ect,ect you have helped create this society today get the hell over the past there is nothing you can do about it except b***h and complain to get your way which is hilarious considering how many comments about white people who are just handed everything that I hear from the black community. LOL chris rock talked about how black people have to fly to get what white people can walk too funny thing is his example was that because a few of his friends are good entertainers and live in an area that's expensive a white man who went to medical school passed and became a dentist shouldn't be at the same level as them. lets see chris you are a high school drop out, jayz was a drug dealer and mary j b is an ok r&b singer. This guy went to freaken medical school got good grades and worked very hard his whole life to get to where they are at and he still doesn't have the money they have. But because he isn't black or famous he shouldn't be there is ridiculous. When that kind of stupidity is applauded I just cringe inside

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Here you go. Notice after being pushed and knocking the guy out he even helps him get up

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Uh.. You were the first person in the thread to mention the Trayvon case, but neither this case nor the Trayvon case had much to do with race. They do both have instances of Black teena acting foolishly and violently. It's not racism it's just the reality of both incidents.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

This is ridiculous.. feel free to post videos of white teens acting this way. It's a cultural thing. It's not racism, it's nothing to do with a physical or mental difference, nor an individual inequality, but a cultural propensity for violencein the lifestyle of many black youths.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This is ridiculous.. feel free to post videos of white teens acting this way. It's a cultural thing. It's not racism, it's nothing to do with a physical or mental difference, nor an individual inequality, but a cultural propensity for violencein the lifestyle of many black youths.

If anyone disagrees with what this guy is saying maybe you should watch this

Warning for Language and Violence!

www.youtube.com...
edit on Mon Aug 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembedded graphic video....added warning

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Never seen a girl fight, have you? If you can catch them on the news before they're yanked from YT, there's plenty of white girls going apesh** on others. People tend to remember girls beating other girls because "OMG, girls don't act like this!" Bullcrap, girls are vicious fighters and it doesn't apply to any one color more than the next.

I'm not seeing the "white privilege" here with this kid. I see 3 boys who need a taste of their own medicine, and one victim that deserves a HUGE pat on the back for being brave enough to do the right thing by reporting these dealer-wannabe boys. Why were they allowed on the bus after being reported? Does zero-tolerance not exist any more? Had something like this happened when I was in school - the dealing at the least - their parents would have been called on the spot, and they'd have been hauled off campus in cuffs so fast they'd be dizzy. Somebody dropped the ball with these 3, and they need to take responsibility for it.
edit on 8/5/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join